DVB-S2 tuner for 7025?

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • I don't think they will ever make a DVB-S2 tuner for the 7025. What's the use? It's no fun to have a HD tuner with no DVI or HDMI output! It just would'nt make any sense. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• Zitat

Original von Bombjack
    I don't think they will ever make a DVB-S2 tuner for the 7025. What's the use? It's no fun to have a HD tuner with no DVI or HDMI output! It just would'nt make any sense. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

That doesn't seem to bother the users who keep asking for it.

• Hopefully it will be the same recivermodules as in the 8000.
    Then it would be possible. The chipset would not be able to produce a hd outot though.
    If streamd to a computer connected to a hd-tv or hd-beam it mght be worth it...

• There is a post somewhere at dmm on how to get hd output doing a hardware mod.

• Zitat

Original von smash
    There is a post somewhere at dmm on how to get hd output doing a hardware mod.

That sounds interesting. Do you have a link?

• Hello smash,

I followed your link, but this DMM-Thread is only about YUV-output not about high-definition output, not about MPEG4 and definetly not about DVB-S2. :frowning_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by chriwi
    Hello smash,

I followed your link, but this DMM-Thread is only about YUV-output not about high-definition output, not about MPEG4 and definetly not about DVB-S2. :frowning_face:

I haven't tried it but apparently changing condensers and a few settings and it will give you YPbPr, but of course not mpeg4 (too bad xilleon doesn't support it) but mpeg2 HD is supported. Here we have mpeg2HD on a few channels on dvb-s. But the mod is just to give you better quality HD output using YPbPr. Someone trying it out should read the whole tread, experiences, results and warnings about warranty and how to do it.
    Xetec seems to have summed it up pretty well how to do it.

Linuxstb.com Admin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von smash ()

• Hello smash,

you are right, but that is still not the toppic of this thread: For a HD-TV-S-reception like it is standard now you need 3 things DVB-S2 tuner (what was the toppic of this thread), a MPEG4-decode (as you mentioned) and a HD-TV-outputcircuit (which comes closer to the thread in DMM-forum you mentioned but is also not possible in a DM7025 since even this modification of the capacitors will not change the number of rows displayed on the screen which was necessary to display a real HDTV-immage).
    But the DVB-S2 in the DM7025 or even DM600-pvr might be useful for 2 purposes:

1. There are also normalresulution MPEG2 channels alredy transmitted with DVB-S2 (also only streams of cableproviders not open to the public use this standard for lowres MPEG2 now).
    2. All recievers with DVB-S2-tuners, harddisk and networkinterface could record HDTV-MPEG4-programms to the HDD, copy the file to a PC where it can be devoded and displayed on a monitor or even TV-screen.

I for my person have no plan to by a HDTV in the next 5 years, but I would by a DVB-S2 capable reciever as long as the additional cost was not more then 50Euro only for the reciever even withot MPEG4-decoder or HDTV-output-circuitry any time I needed a new reciever and it is available, because I also belive that DVB-S2 is saver for the future than only DVB-S.

• I agree with your two points it would be great to have plug and play dvb-s2 tuner for that. there's speculation that providers over here are planning to do the same mpeg2 behind 8psk, but i can't predict the future.

Also i was just pointing out a means of hooking up to some model hdtv displays, going from memory.

• BTW, 7025 already support downscaling HDTV MPEG2 to PAL. Tune in to any MPEG2 HDTV channel and the box will downscale the resolution to PAL.

But it would be amazing if someone found a way to put a DVI output into the 7025 box. Even without a DVB-S2 tuner the quality of transmission would improve a lot compared to analog scart connections.

• Would a DVB S2 card also allow you to receive and view Mpeg2 signals (ie is it backward compatable)

Just wondering, and where the hells the DM8000 anyway. A guy can only wait so long!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hello Alex,

Yes all DVB-S2-tuners should be also cacable to recieve DVB-S and are therefore fully backwardcompatible.