Beiträge von drsnacek

Hello,

Could you let me know who is the maintainer of the FastScan implementation in Enigma2?
    I found an issue where the East/West flag is not processed púroperly during the FastScan download...

I need the access to running debian that is not started eth properly... Is there a way how to use serial port terminal for this purpose (login and see dmesg)? I cannot see any other possibility how to debug my eth problem...

thank you for your info.

I don't want to explore rrdtool - I use it recently on different hw (dd-wrt router). But I wanted to see how to use this old Dreambox for my purpose - to collect data from two sources and save them including generated pictures to the hdd...
    For this task I need cron, sh, rrdtool and some IP things like wget. So it looked like install debian is the right thing for me...But maybe use busybox in enigma is enough but how to isntall rrdtool there? Or is it a way to add chroot to the cron script to use rrdtool - but how to save data to hdd?

Thank you!

I used lenny for first install by BarryAllen but it failed. I found that mipsel version had an issue in the kernel related to tar and probably it is not corrected in debian archive... same for squeeze. So I tried to use BA for older one - etch... Yes, I used the archive you wrote here.

I tried debootstrap directly for wheezy (oh so much time spent to find sid conf file...) and finally there is the error message: FATAL: Kernel too old :-/ Can I update kernel for 7025?

I have alredy installed rrdtool under chroot to debian (etch). But I am not sure how to use it? Is it best way to boot into enigma and then chroot to debian each time or to make debian bootable (how to do this not to use BA)?

I have used Gutemine ba.sh script (from BarryAllen). I had to change the link to Debian archive but the rest looks OK. It uses a copy of kernel and drivers from enigma2 but each time used it did something with eth and it doesn't work in Debian and then BA disappers from Flash :-O

I can chroot to use Debian (ba.sh offers this possibility) and it works. But it is not so useful to make small server from Dreambox...

There is not apt, dpkg in my image version - is there a way to install deb packeges?

Thank you

Hello,

I found new possibility how to use old 7025 in my case - it can collect data from IP sensors and save them using rrdtool.

So my simple question - is there a simple way how to install rrdtool into Busybox in enigma2 (mipsel)?

I am trying to install debian in 7025 but still without success - the lan interface doesn't work when debian (etch) booted :-/

Thank you

Richard

Hi,

I would like to use old DM7025 like receiver for streamed radio stations (not Shoutcast!).
    I can successfully use m3u file like:

#EXTM3
    http://icecast7.play.cz/cro1-128.mp3

by MediaPlayer plugin.

I want to have this radio "station" in service list so I used file userbouquet.favourites.radio and added:

#SERVICE 1:0:1:1:1:0:820000:0:0:0:http%3a//icecast7.play.cz/cro1-128.mp3:CRo1
    #DESCRIPTION CRo1

for some images I have tu add instead of above this:

#SERVICE 4097:1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//icecast7.play.cz/cro1-128.mp3:CRo1
    #DESCRIPTION CRo1

I tested several images and result is the same - if I use proper version of "link" (above) then I could see station name in the radio bouquet list but allway I couldn't play it... Error depends on image version - allways diffrent. In some images there is PVR "play" in others gstreamer error like:

m_errorInfo.missing_codec = text/uri-list
    Gstreamer error: Your GStreamer installation is missing plug-in.

Do you have any recommendation what image to use to be able to add this m3u link to the radio list and play it? Or how to repare the gstreamer to properly read this m3u file?

Thank you.

Hi ,

I tried this plugin - everything OK except "blinking" of picture (lots of black frames). In the log I could see sometimes message:
    corrupt jpeg data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9

I tried to use the same source (IP camera) in other programs on PC - without problems and without black frames. So it looks like ipcamviewer is sensitive to something and Pc programs not...

Is there any solution?

Thank you!

Is it reallly CVS 20081001 latest build? :-O

There are some patches (AIT table) in the sourceforge from 2010 - I expected that there will be newer build...

How complicated is compiling from sources for DM7025 (Gemini2)?

Hi, there is dvbsnoop tool in all images. As I can see at sourceforge this tool is pretty old without new releases (?) but in dreambox images there are newer version than the official release is.

Where can I find these newest releases?

How can I update dvbsnoop in my current GP2 image?

So nobody knows... solution is to shutdown receiver, switch off power switch and then start receiver. Only restart from OSD or telnet is not successfull in this case.

What is time sync system in Dreambox. I know that time is derived from TDT DVB-SI table, but WHEN?

I have problem with time sync when I upgraded to 4.50 :-/

Thanks.

Hi, we are preparing the python script and we would like to use module "subprocess" to be able to run external process (dvbsnoop) from this python script. But there is error "ImportError: No module named subrocess" :-O

What is the way to run external precess from the python script in this case:

from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
    # run external app
    pipe = Popen(config.dvbSnoopCommand, shell=True, bufsize=512, stdout=PIPE).stdout
    dvbOutputLines = pipe.readlines()
    pipe.close()

where in cofig.py:

dvbSnoopCommand = 'dvbsnoop -frontend /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend2 -n 5 -pd 9 -s signal'