usbTuner (multiple tuners on dm800) v0.7.3 ipk package (all new images) + GUI plugin

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...

• Did you used modules/drivers compiled on the PC in the your box? Because PC is based on the i586 (or similar) architecture and sat-box is based on mips (ppc, sh4, ....).

If you want compile files for other architecture on your PC you have to use crosscompiling technique but it is not so simple. Look here.

• Is 'PCTV QuatroStick nano (520e)' supported by v0.7.3? I suspect not, correct?

If not, is it possible to create a package that includes support for this stick (especially for DVB-C)? It´s already listed at V4L-DVB in the 'Supported DVB-C USB Devices' list.

Zitat

Driver support seems to be available in kernel as of 2012/03/19
    Analog is not supported currently. Only DVB-T and DVB-C.
    There seems to be still problems for locking DVB-C channels which have strong signal. Attenuator helps. I think it is demodulator IF/RF AGC issue. Lets fix it later. Patches are welcome.
    Will not work out of the box yet (as of 2012/04/16).
    You will need to build the latest media drivers, and download the firmware.

Or is more driver work required?

• Zitat

Originally posted by eidii

Now I can see it on enigma2 tuner list, but if I try to search channels enigma freeze and I need to reboot by terminal.
    Do you think could be a driver problem or is a conflicts with the internal DTT tuner of 7020?

Very hard to say.

Can you post here two files with dmesg output? One right after the boot and second after the enigma freeze?

Zitat

With your excellent plugin I have the attached status with 0 devices running, but green light on A867.

It was only small bug. I have corrected it. New package is on the previous page.

• Zitat

Original von a.key
    Dude if u could write this in English ill be more than happy to help. From the log I see that there's a missing or incorrect firmware file.

yes, thats my problem, i dont have a fimrware for this USB dongle...

i installed the driver from dreamboxupdate, but there is no firmware,

so i extracted the firmware from windows driver, but it dont work.

Dreambox 900 UHD SS
    Dreambox 8000 HD: SSSC/T, 2GB CF, DVD
    Qnap TS219 P II + 2TB + 3TB HDD

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD

• I attach the requested files.

Another strange thing is on enigma menu: on tuner list I see 3 tuners (is a dm7020hs so one DVB-s2 one DVB-T/C embedded and one DVB-T usb) but on automatic channel search I see only two tuners.....on manual search I can choose also the third.
    So the dmseg output during enigma freeze comes from a manual complete channel search on third tuner.

• I install PixelView SBTV Fulll Seg chipset dib8000.

Step to install

1.opkg install module-init-tools

2.Install usbtuner_0.7.3_all.ipk

3.run /usr/script/usbtnrsetup.sh download_drivers
    detect pen and download drivers normali

4./usr/script/usbtnrsetup.sh auto_setup

5.Restart the box

After restart the tuner is not started

My box is Sunray sr4 trippler tunner (dm800se clone).
    Testes images dominica9, openpli and nemesis.

thank's

• I have a af9035 card (Volar Green) and I can not get it working on my 800 HD, it says:

Code
    Error inserting dvb_:usb_af9035 (lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/media/dvb-dvb-usb/af-9035.ko: Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

when I use modprobe.

Do I return the tuner or is there any way to fix this?

I use PliImage 2.1

Yours

Jerry

• Now I have installed all drivers and it works, I see it in tuners's list and I can scan it. But it finds no channels :-(((

• I got Nova-T Hauppauge card and channels are not found either. Antenna works on TV with no problem, it is a house antenna not a room antenna.

• Zitat

Originally posted by jerry2
    Now I have installed all drivers and it works, I see it in tuners's list and I can scan it. But it finds no channels :-(((

Hi, I have same problem.

Try manually scan only one transponder (frequency), but some DVB-T tuners require correctly set all DVB-T parameters.

Right parameter values (frequency, bandwidth, constellation, code rate lp, code rate hp, guard interval, transmission mode, hierarchy information, inversion) you can find on the your DVB-T provider webpages.

• Zitat

Originally posted by eidii
    I attach the requested files.

Another strange thing is on enigma menu: on tuner list I see 3 tuners (is a dm7020hs so one DVB-s2 one DVB-T/C embedded and one DVB-T usb) but on automatic channel search I see only two tuners.....on manual search I can choose also the third.
    So the dmseg output during enigma freeze comes from a manual complete channel search on third tuner.

I have the same problem. Enigma freezes and tuner no signal.

DM 7020 HD. OE 2.0 USB Tuner Pinnacle 73e

• Zitat

Originally posted by jerry2
    Here no support, so I returned the card.

We don't really support your tuner devices. We support the software that helps setting it up. It's quite important to understand that this is not what the maker of your STB wanted you to do (have additional tuner connected over USB) which is understandable because they want you to buy STB with additional tuners if you need it.

anyways...
    It's also very important to be sure that your tuner does "catch" some channels on your antenna. To be absolutely sure about your antena and the stick it self you have to plug it into a PC/Laptop, install drivers + software and search for channels. If you can find any channels this way than you know that there's nothing wrong with the tuner device.
    Worth noting here is the fact that the above should ideally be done on a Linux OS but it's also worth mentioning that the Linux kernel you'll get installed won't really be comparable to what you have in your STB (dreambox, sunray, technomate, vu+, whatever...) because they usually work on older kernels and have different drivers. Most drivers just get "adjusted" when a new kernel line is released so that they work with new APIs etc but some are heavily rewritten or fixed.

Anyways...check if your USB tuner find any channels when connected to eg. a laptop under Linux OS and if it does find channels than you could blame STBs drivers or anything else.

• Zitat

Original von enalaprin
    maybee have news about support DVB -T ID 048d:9135 ?

that is the same as my usb DVB-T, it is (it9135 chipset)

there is a driver for it (dreamboxupdate) but no firmware file.
    i extracted the firmware from windows driver the device start, but device is not shown by enigma. (see my post)

i think i need a dreambox compatible firmware file.... but i dont know where i can get the right firmware...

Dreambox 900 UHD SS

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Micha_123 ()

• Hi guys,

I am trying to get my PCTV NanoStick Solo DVB-T 73e working. I have exactly the same problems as mentioned above. My 800 has bootloader 84 and I am absolutely sure that it is no clone. Are there people here who got it working on OpenPLI 2.1?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Fred

• so i tried it one more time with oe 2.0 and it 913x device (DVB-T)

thats the output od dmesg after connect device to USB

but the device will not be shown in enigma2.

Dreambox 900 UHD SS

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD