(deprecated) cross platform tuner sharing, friendly user test

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Bitte was soll ein enigma1 mit einem 2. Tuner anfangen ?????

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Außer der 800 und 8000 kann derzeit keine Box als Client fungieren... Auch die 7025 nicht...

Ob die 500HD funktionieren wird, ist noch nicht klar, aber es gab afair andeutungen, dass es auch da gehen wird...

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Dabei gehts wohl um die Server... Schau doch mal im ersten Post und quer durch den Thread, was die Leute schon alles als Server verwenden konnten...

Wenn das nicht cross-plattform is, weiß ich auch nich :grinning_squinting_face:

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Also Multiserver Platform und doch nicht Cross.
    Alles klar, ich hab verstanden. :tongue:

Bleib ich dann doch erstmal bei LT-Streamclient u. Partnerbox zum Timersetzen.

• Hello everyone! I'm a newbie in this thread.

My question for you is whether is it possible to use vtunerc and vtunerd on the same receiver, namely dm800. I have a Terratec Cinergy T2 dvb-t usb tuner and I would like to try to use it as a second tuner beside the DVB-S2 one supplied.

What I did:

- insmod driver.ko, with dmesg the usb tuner is loaded, the second adapter available on /dev/dvb/adapter1/...
    - downloaded the version from 14.09.2009 and unpacked it to /tmp
    - I have started vtunerct and after that killall -9 enigma2, the e2 didn't restart correctly, it was like a loop - progress bar on the receiver indicates almost 100% and then goes back

Could you explain to me the exact procedure for starting up vtuner and what version is working correctly with DVB-T tuners.

• Hi,

After loading the driver you then need to run vtunerd with correct params (read this thread or sourcecode to know which params to use).

When vtunerd is correctly started (see the output) then you can start vtunerct. When you see that vtunerct is started correctly and connected to vtunerd then you can restart E2.

That should be it ....
    Note that channel searching (always?) doesn't work, so you need to import some channellist from somewhere.

Rgs H2Deetoo,

• And what version do you think is the most suitable for this? (dvb-t)

vtunerd 1 1 0 0 0 will be okay for sharing the /dev/dvb/adapter1 ?

I have created my own lamedb with dvb-t transponders and service. One question in this case:

the t line in transponders:

t frequency:p1:p2:....:p9 has 9 parameters, but I found only 8 explained in the terrestrial.xml file. What is the ninth?

p9 should be always 0? Or what does it mean?

• When trying vtunerd.mipsel 1 1 0 0 0 & I receive the following:

root@dm800:/tmp/vtuner# ./vtunerd.mipsel 1 1 0 0 0 &
    root@dm800:/tmp/vtuner# [1078 vtunerd.c:397] debug: try to init 1 tuner(s)
    [1078 vtunerd.c:403] debug: init hardware adapter 1, frontend 0, demux 0, dvr 0
    [1078 vtuner-dmm-3.c:53] info: FE_GET_INFO type:2
    [1078 vtuner-dmm-3.c:64] error: DMX_SET_SOURCE failed for /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 - Invalid argument
    [1078 vtunerd.c:405] error: failed to init hardware (adapter 1, frontend 0, demux 0, dvr 0)

Do you have any sugestions?

• Hallo!

Ich verwende nun zum Teil erfolgreich einen DVB-T Tuner mit der DM800 dank deinem Plugin. Sendersuche funktioniert auch ohne Probleme, doch leider scheitert es immer am tunen der Sender.

Wenn ich nach der Sendersuche einen Sender auswähle bleibt die Sache bei Tune failed stehen.

Wäre toll wenn wir das auch noch beheben könnten.

Edit:

Problem behoben :) Lag nur am schlechten Empfang, somit funktioniert nun alles ausgezeichnet, bis auf das ich den Stick nicht an der Dream habe :frowning_face:

Mfg

• Hi Tweek,

I'm trying the same with Cinergy T2 usb dvb-t, but I have some problems, as described before. Could you please share the steps you've done in order to have the dvb-t usable?

• Zitat

Originally posted by liviurosioara
    Hi Tweek,

I'm trying the same with Cinergy T2 usb dvb-t, but I have some problems, as described before. Could you please share the steps you've done in order to have the dvb-t usable?

He has connected the stick to a (maybe linux) host in his network. His solution didn't cover your problem.

I can only guess at the moment what#s wrong here. My best guess is that "DMX_SET_SOURCE" isn't implemented/available if only one frontend is available. Do you have the option to compile vtunerd yourself? If yes try the following change around line 64 in vtuner-dmm-3.c:

Code
    dmx_source_t src = DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0 + frontend;
      if( ioctl(hw->demux_fd, DMX_SET_SOURCE, &src) ) {
        INFO("DMX_SET_SOURCE failed for %s - %m\n",devstr);
    #    goto cleanup_demux;
      }

Background: problems with DMX_SET_SOURCE are considered fatal at the moment. MayBe this isn't true. With the change above vtunerd tries to cont. if this problem happens.

Roland

• rmie

Wäre es vielleicht möglich das du mich ein wenig beim kompilieren der Treiber für den Stick für die DM unterstützt? Wäre interessant zu wissen, ob der Stick dann an der Box auch einwandfrei funktioniert.

Denn derzeit verwende ich den Stick ja an einem Linux-Server.

Mfg

• Zitat

Original von liviurosioara
    rmie,

I don't have the tools to compile vtunerd, could you please help me with this?

Don't need to compile the vtuner, because on the first site you can find already compiled versions for your box. Just download the latest archiv.

• Zitat

Originally posted by liviurosioara
    rmie,

I don't have the tools to compile vtunerd, could you please help me with this?

yes I can, but can last a few days

• Dein Stick wird von dem CinergyT2 Treiber, im Kernel 2.6.12, nicht unterstüzt. Deine Chancen steigen wenn es mal einen 2.6.30 Kernel gibt, bis dahin ist es vermutlich ziemlich aussichtslos.

Sorry

• Hi Roland,

Remember I needed the printf/INFO statement added to make sure vtunerc kept running stable (ecms stopped) ?
    Well I found out this is true, but only when vtunerc is started from console. If vtunerc was started in background then I still had same problem.

I think it has to do with some "delay" being introduced when there truly is a console to which text should be printed. (I think if there is no console then INFO/printf simply discards data and thus is faster.)

The following fix seems to work for me also when vtunerc is running in background (about line 59 in vtunerc.c):

if (write(data->out, buf, r) != r) {
    ERROR("write failed - %m");
    data->status = DST_FAILED;
    }
    else
    {
    INFO("write %d\n", r);
    usleep(10*1000);
    }

So a sleep of 10msec seems to be sufficient and still no pixelation on HD streams. I hope you can add this to your source, it shouldn't bother anyone. The INFO can be removed I think.

Rgs and thanks,

H2Deetoo

• When I run the compiled version of vtunerd in my DM7000 I always get the following message:

root@dm7000 /var/bin # vtunerd
    vtunerd: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The librt.so.1 library is not included in my image. When i include the library in /var/lib I got a different error.

How do I solve this? How can I include this into my build to compile by myself so that the missing library and missing library functions are not stripped?