Posts by rmie

Original von musicares
    ps : its very hard for some one to follow a thread with 1000 replys starting from 2009 to find a awnser
    thank you all

ack, that's the reason why I move the project to code.google.com and google groups. It's much easier then to follow a discussion thread.

Just released a new version to fix the following issue:

2011-08-06: filtering for tuner type was missing since refactoring the server code, this has been fixed. Only relevant if you share different types of tuners on the same subnet. Compatible with clients from release 20110717-r1.

Hi,

I'm happy to announce the new home of vtuner: http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/

Why did the project move?
    It's now hosted under his well known name. I've create a analytics profile a couple of month's ago and was very impressed by the numbers. In average, about 300 unique visitors per month, from about 20 different countries. So it's time to change the support structure as well. I'd like to engage more users. The project lacks native language support in several, nearly all European languages.

What will change?

How to contribute?

• People to test new release are very welcome (see User Survey for details).
    • Translation Services and native language support

Roland

Agree. At least for me there is call to enigma2_pre_start.sh, which might be an even better place for things like that. From a maintainer perspective, I'd like to have a directory like /etc/cron.d for cron, as this would offer a general "pre start/restart" hook for every package/plugin. I'll check this with DMM.

Roland

Original von staifrar
    Ich habe es im Menü auf DVB-T eingestellt, aber bei der Tunerauswahl wird der vTuner nur als DVB-S2 angezeigt und kann auch nur so konfiguriert werden.
    Die vtunerc.conf sieht so aus:

Code
    # this file is auto generated and will be overwritten
    # DO NOT EDIT
    DAEMON="/usr/sbin/vtunerc.mipsel"
    OPTIONS="-t "

Muss da hinter dem "-t" evtl. das Leerzeichen raus?

Ich denke nicht dass das Leerzeichen das Problem ist. Die Aenerungen koennen nicht dynamisch erfolgen, Du musst also die Box komplett durchstarten. Hintergrund ist das vtunerc vor Enigma gestartet werden muss und auch nicht neu getstartet werden darf solange Enigma laeuft.

Original von staifrar
    Ausserdem kann man manuell die IP für den Server nicht angeben. Die Anzahl der Stellen ist auf 7 begrenzt. Komme also nur bis "192.168"!

Werd ich fixen.

Original von staifrar
    Ich finde es aber gut, dass Du es jetzt als plugin herausgebracht hast.
    Das ist für mich als Anfänger schon viel einfacher.

Danke

Ich habe aber generell noch Probleme mit dem vtuner-server.
    Da komm ich noch nicht ganz klar mit der Installation. Bzw. weiß ich nicht, ob der jetzt läuft oder nicht.
    Hier wurde schon so viel geschrieben mit scripten und configs usw. ich weiß nicht ob das alles noch so aktuell ist. Und vorallem seh ich da kein Land mehr.
    Vielleicht kann mir da ja wer helfen.

Original von staifrar
    Server-Box soll eine sh4-box mit duckbox e2 und DVB-T Tuner sein.
    Client-Box ist meine Dream 800 (DVB-S2)

Ich kenne die Box nicht. Zum testen wuerde ich die Enigma aber abschalten (auf einer DMM E2 Box mit "init 4") und dann vtunerd starten. Wenn das klappt kannst Du dich an die Startscripte machen.

Roland

Original von max90
    I tried your binary, it's starting but unable to tune like mine I built today.
    EDIT: If I tune to a channel using enigma on my 600, kill enigma and run vtunerd.ppc I am able to switch to this transponder on my 800se.

Ok, at least we know that my toll chain is buggy. I've broken vtunerd on the weekend, as I refactored the code. I've plans to do a full test on all platforms available to me for the next release, this includes the DM600. So stay tuned, I hope to finish the next milestone within two weeks.

I know, waiting is frustrating, sorry for the delay.

Original von max90
    EDIT: If I tune to a channel using enigma on my 600, kill enigma and run vtunerd.ppc I am able to switch to this transponder on my 800se.

Hmm, could be either tuning, or IF (LNB) switching. Please try to tune to a different transponder on the same LNB.

Roland

Original von max90So I wanted to know if it is possible to use a DM600PVR as server?

It should work, but I haven't tested it myself for a long time. I'll do this in the next couple of days. Maybe yo can give me more details about your image.

EDIT: just found one of DM600's idle, as you described.

EDIT2: hmm, either my tool chain is broken, or a way to new. Please test the attached binary (build with an very old tool chain).

Roland

Files

Original von pop_eye
    The s2api should have been included in the kernel - as I needed to recompile it using new /include/linux/dvb/frontend.h definitions.

I'm not sure if this is the right path, maybe that's the frontend.h matching your's desktop kernel . You should have a file version.h in the same directory as frontend.h with the following lines in it:

Code
    #define DVB_API_VERSION 5
    #define DVB_API_VERSION_MINOR 2

Original von pop_eye
    However what I did not understood very well why following definition #if DVB_API_VERSION < 5 in vtuner-network.h ? I have uncommented it and still no good result.

It's there because of legacy reasons, to have a consistent protocol, even if S2API tuning isn't supported. Check your cross tool chain. Search for all files 'dvb/version.h' and make sure that you have updated all files in every copies of this directory. I'm pretty sure you have already removed all vtuner related .o files, at least once, before recompile :-)

Roland

I guess you are using the wrong (old) header files for dvb while compiling.

checkout this code snippets:

Code
    #if DVB_API_VERSION >= 5
    INFO("S2API tuning support.\n");
    #endif
    #if DVB_API_VERSION < 5
    ret = -1;
    WARN("FE_SET_PROPERTY is not available\n");
    #else

Missing the first, but getting the second message is a clear indication that your DVB_API_VERSION is less than 5. This is defined in one of the DVB kernel header files.

EDIT: take care of the subtle difference between DVB_API_VERSION and HAVE_DVB_API_VERSION.
    HAVE_DVB_API_VERSION controls which headers should be included, eg. vtuenr-networkk.h
    DVB_API_VERSION returns the API version of the headers included.

Roland

Original von sdh
    Da ich eh einen Linux Server dauerhaft am laufen habe, stellt sich die Frage ob ich dort nen USB DVB-S2 Stick anklemmen kann. Kann ich den dann auch von mehreren vTuner Client Boxen (sofern der Tuner frei) nutzen?

Gruß,
    Sascha

spart vermutlich auch Energie wenn zum Server nicht noch zusätzlich eine DM500 läuft, außerdem kannst Du dann auch DVB-S2 Tuner verwenden.

Zur Frage: Ja und Nein. Im Augenblick blockiert ein Client einen freigegebenen Tuner vollständig. Du kannst aber mehrere Tuner pro Server freigeben (wenn Du zwei Sticks ansteckst).

Etwas umständlich kannst Du auch den FrontendType in Enigma ändern, dann trennt sich der Client auch vom Server, und eine zweiter Client im Hintergrund würde sich verbinden. (der Client kann sich E2 gegenüber auch als C/S2/T Kombituner ausgeben)

Roland

vtunerd passes the value from the client to the kernel, with changes or sanity checks. From what I understand you have to patch the kernel.

Roland

Hi,

Original von pop_eyeUpgraded the cross compiler and using mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc-4.2.4
    At least the error is showing more information:

TLS support seems to be platform dependent in uclibc, mips should be supported:
    http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/t…hreads/sysdeps/mips/tls.h

You can test if TLS is available or not, by testing for this makro: USE_TLS

msg is only used to write messages to the console (or syslog), find below a very dirty hack, that will skip some messages:

Roland

Original von pop_eye

Code
    root@dvb:/mnt/bin# ./vtunerd.mipsel
    ./vtunerd.mipsel: not found

Is this normal behaviour from vtunerd.mipsel showing there is no dvb adapter found in the system ? Just need confirmation. Thx

No, I'd guess you have no file "/mnt/bin/vtunerd.mipsel".
    This happens if no DVB device is present:

Code
    # ./vtunerd.i686
    vtunerd: [19288 ../../vtunerd.c:21] info: S2API tuning support.
    vtunerd: [19288 ../../vtuner-dvb-3.c:30] error: failed to open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
    vtunerd: [19288 ../../vtunerd.c:32] error: failed to init hardware (adapter 0, frontend 0, demux 0, dvr 0)

Roland

I guess something is broken with your crosstool chain as the binary is invalid: "./vtunerd.mipsel: symbol 'msg': can't handle reloc type 0x26"

Using "vtuner-dvb-3.c" as the @driver" is the correct approach, this should work with any unmodified linux DVB stack.

Roland