PPTP client for VPN

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Please include PPTP client for VPN connection.

If someone could compile me a PPTP client for dreambox 7020 and 500

i will pay you.

• I totaly agree. The Gemini image has now been used for nearly 3 years and they yet haven't included a vpn clien. I hope they do SOOOOONNNNN. :confused_face:

And futher more a good gui for it. :tongue:

The DS Team Sunrise has this included for the imag to DM 7000s but not for DM7020S or 7025S so it is about time the Gemini got it to.... :winking_face:

ESI4000

• 1. gemini cant be used for 3 years - we celebrate the 2nd anniversary...
    2. obtain linux (dont worry it´s free nothing to pay)
    3. install linx (dont worry there are many how to´s)
    4. obtain the oe/cdk (and dont worry it´s also free)
    5. compile your plugin!

it´s easy to request everything - but why you dont support the community with your own "plugin"

DreamBox 1: 7000s rev. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 2: 7025-SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 3: 600 PVR-S . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 4: DM800S HD PVR
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0 . . CF - Karte: 1GB Extrememory Performance w/o MB!
    Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
    Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
    Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!

• I am so sorry I ment 2 years yes.... :winking_face:

Why I don't make or compile plugins, that's a good question.

The answer is that, although i am an IT consultant and know a LOT about different OS and I know Linux is free even UNIX is free open BSD and this family. But the main thing is that I can only know so mutch my knowledge goes only so fare.... :winking_face: and that is why I haven't made my own plugin. You can say it is easy but I know that programing and compiling software is not easy for thost that don't know how. I could do it but that would take a long time before a got out a stable version for use. And where I would use a long time, a programer would use les time. :winking_face:

So I stil hope that a smart programer could make a VPN plugin that works good with Dreambox agaist all types of VPN systems. Anyone ????

ESI4000

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, for a pptp connection you need additional kernel modules/patches so I dont think anyone would do this.
    The second thing is, why should my dream connect via pptp ? It doesnt make any sense. Inside my Homenetwork I dont need any VPN tunnel and connecting boxes over the internet with something else is not supported here, so why should we do it. And the third thing, why pptp ? Only Windows Systems use pptp, within linux/unix normally ipsec is used to secure connections.

Nur wer erwachsen wird und ein Kind bleibt, ist ein Mensch.
    Erich Kästner

8000HD-PVR | 800HD-PVR | 500HD | 7025+SS | 7025SS | 7020S | 7000S | 600-PVR | 500+S | 500S | 5620S | 100S
    Astra 19,2° Ost | Hotbird 13° Ost | Sky (komplett)

seddi@i-have-a-dreambox.com

• Let me put it this way: our internet provider supports only, I repeat, only PPTP connctionts to the server. So, being this unfortunate, we, little people, have only tho options:
    1. Connect Dream-Computer with a cable, let the Windows initiate PPTP connections and share it with Dreambox. Simple, however, there is a little tini-tiny annoyng thing: Computer should be ALWAYS switched ON in order for the dreamboxbox to use sharing (very BAD!!!)
    2. Buy a router (35$), connect everything to it, let the router initiate PPTP connection and off we go. Even simpler, however, there are some other hold backs: you see, our internet provider, being so smart (:)) enough provided for us some free services such as film downloads, music, radio and so on. However, in order to use these services, we have to be connected to the provider's server through STATIC IP connection. PPTP is used only for Internet access.
    Here is the picture: router can initiate PPTP just fine, Internet is fine, dreambox works fine, but there is no way to use those free services. Everytime I need to download a film or some music I need to change connection type of my router from PPTP to Static. This action cuts the dreambox from the Internet, so whoever watches it has to wait. Well, very inconvenient. So, an ideal picture would be to have router connected with STATIC type and give the possibility to the Dreambox to initiate PPTP connection. So, we really need this PPTP plugin.........

Evolution : Humax VACI-5300...Nokia MediaMaster 9800 S...Dreambox DM500...Dreambox DM600...Dreambox DM800...Dreambox DM800SE
    Satellites : 36.0°E 28.2°E 19.2°E 13.0°E

• ...and some way to patch kernel too.

Evolution : Humax VACI-5300...Nokia MediaMaster 9800 S...Dreambox DM500...Dreambox DM600...Dreambox DM800...Dreambox DM800SE
    Satellites : 36.0°E 28.2°E 19.2°E 13.0°E

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ktoto ()