Beiträge von esi4000

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...

I am so happy you all are so interested in this. And I am so sorry for late answer.

To dam72:
    Sorry to say, no that is not what I want. I actualy what to have two dreamboxes work in the same way as two Slingboxes. Just as simple as thay are. Maybe trough a webservice as Slingmedia has. The point is that the ONE that makes that plugin and setup the webservice could charge for it, and maybe make a good deal of money. But this is just an ide for anyone that could see tha same as I do.. I am not and never wil be a programer, so this is not something I could do. But I am in the IT business and I know that this is something many of my friends othrs have ask me if it is possible.

To Trial:
    Thanks for the sugestion but the point is to use any cind of a reciver that has linux on it. :)

To Maxl:
    You are so right to stream using internet. As Slingbox does. Slingbox is very easy to setup. And, as I mention over to dam72, a plugin as simple as this for any reciver with linux on it would be totaly groud braking. :) And no I am not interested in using VLC to difficult for ordnary humans... If you ever have looked at Slingbox, any idiot could set it up.

To everyone:
    If any of you have the chance to look at Slingbox to se how simple it is that you wold undrestand what I am trying to say here.

And I am sorry for all the wrong spelling here...

I wil trye to be more often here... :)

Hello evrybody on this Forum.

I have a little chalange.
    I bet many of you allready know about the Slingbox. A verry genius ide and the easyest method to setup a valid and stabile way to stream video and audio to any palce in the world. And all you need is a max of 1Mb (for HD 3Mb) out and the same on the other end down where you only need your PC or antother Slingbox called Sling Catcher. This can be used on any media you have.

But her is the chalange.
    If any of you can and has the posibility to make the same on any Dreambox to Dreambox then this would be a good bussiness for the one who made it. A simpel Plugin that could be uploaded to the dreambox and installed, and must be automaticly configuring on upnp to Firewall / Routers or that you get info on how to setup your Router.

Lets take an example.
    A person lives in Norway and has a little house in Spain. He goes often to Spain to relaxe but wants to watch Norwegian TV. In Spain it is not posible to get any of the sattelites that has this TV Channels. So he has to buy a Slngbox and connect it on the SCART on the Dreambox and then buy a Sling Catcher to setup in Spain. A lot of hazzel and exspensive, about the same price for a DM800 for both the Slingbox and the Sling Catcher. And the Dreambox should have the potential to do this with a pluginn / addon.

So now comes the question..... Anyone up for it ?????

To all the best
    ESI4000

Hi. :)

I resently installed Gemini2 ver 1.90 on a DM7025s

And WoW it looks nice.... :)

But where is the webinterface that is on 7020s and 7000s.... ??????

I whent in to my browser and typed in http://ip.to.dreambox and i got a BIG disepointment.

Is says only on the screen Enigma2 Webinterface and I get 2 links there webinterface an screenshot.
    The webinterface is it finished or is it comming.... ????

ESI4000

I am so sorry I ment 2 years yes.... :winking_face:

Why I don't make or compile plugins, that's a good question.

The answer is that, although i am an IT consultant and know a LOT about different OS and I know Linux is free even UNIX is free open BSD and this family. But the main thing is that I can only know so mutch my knowledge goes only so fare.... :winking_face: and that is why I haven't made my own plugin. You can say it is easy but I know that programing and compiling software is not easy for thost that don't know how. I could do it but that would take a long time before a got out a stable version for use. And where I would use a long time, a programer would use les time. :winking_face:

So I stil hope that a smart programer could make a VPN plugin that works good with Dreambox agaist all types of VPN systems. Anyone ????

ESI4000

I totaly agree. The Gemini image has now been used for nearly 3 years and they yet haven't included a vpn clien. I hope they do SOOOOONNNNN. :confused_face:

And futher more a good gui for it. :tongue:

The DS Team Sunrise has this included for the imag to DM 7000s but not for DM7020S or 7025S so it is about time the Gemini got it to.... :winking_face:

ESI4000