Dm600pvr Enigma2 Pcd 2.1

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Zitat

Originally posted by Aki
    Hi pcd,
    Thank you form your excellent work and development under Enigma2 for DM600 & DM7020.
    :winking_face:

Thank you for your comments ! :)

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi pcd!

I really appreciate your hard work and I am really happy with your enigma2 Image (just installed your 2.1 version)!

A few issues I discovered:

1.) If I schedule a timer, the dreambox correctly starts to record to my harddisk and the red light blinks. I am able to play the recorded movie while it is recording ("timeshift") and jump within the movie using the number buttons.

BUT if I press the power button while recording (either for powering on or powering off the dreambox) OR if I change the channel to one of the possible ones, the recorded movie seems to get corrupted. The red led stops blinking but in the info panel I see that the dreambox is still recording. The result is a movie which I can play but which stops playing at the moment when I pressed power or changed the channel.

That's really annoying as I often start a timer and then want to switch off the dreambox... can you help me with this?

2.) I installed and configured EPG Import to download Sky Germany package from Rytec. That works and downloaded about 15.000 events. My question: How do I use the so downloaded EPG? Does it simply replace the default EPG shown on Info button and the Multi-EPG? I didn't see any differences to before when I used the normal EPG which gets aquired when switching to a channel.

3.) I really like your new default skin (Vali King Size), but the info bar shows wrong formated times on the current movie, e.g.: "12:5 Next movie title" (seems that the minutes are missing a digit).

4.) I have a 16:9 TV. How should I configure the A/V settings to watch 4:3 and 16:9 movies best? Isn't it possible to have the full 16:9 TV used by the dreambox menu, info bar, epg and so on but show 4:3 movies using a letter box?

Thank you very much and keep the good work up! :) :)
    Best Regards,
    Stefan

• Hi SvStefan,

thanks for your detailed report. I will look into the issues when I have time.

The EPGImport plugin should make a file epg_new.dat in /media/hdd. At restart enigma2 (and reboot) this file changes to epg.dat which is used by the image to make multiepg.

Please check if these files are made.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,

also from my side thanks a lot for the work on DM 600 PVR!!!

Only with this release I saw some strange things - the older version worked really nice...
    My DVB-C-Tuner was not recognized - error message in the startup assitent. Also I can edit settings one time (my NAS-Server via NFS - seems to work) and increase memory. Then the 'Starting ...' Screen is always on and I cannot enter anything any more. In telnet I saw, that there was no Enigma2 process any more, but no error-dump. When I startet it manually via enigma2 in telnet, it worked, but not very stable.

No Idea what is different to the older version :frowning_face:

Martin

• Did you 'increase memory' with hdd ?

Please check if the folders python2.5 and Extensions are in /media/hdd.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,

yes, they are on my NAS (Synology DS 101j).
    Is there a telnet command, which I could use to trigger the 'increase memory' manually again - for good measure?

Thanks! Martin

• Zitat

Original von pcd
    The EPGImport plugin should make a file epg_new.dat in /media/hdd. At restart enigma2 (and reboot) this file changes to epg.dat which is used by the image to make multiepg.

I found the epg_new.dat but no epg.dat. The EPG gets refreshed every morning by EPG Import. Does this mean that I should manually restart enigma2 every day to get EPG working?

Is the data used for single EPG and the normal channel list, too? How can I recognize if I see the normal EPG or the imported one? :)

Oh, and I have another question: Some windows in the king size skin are cutted on the left side of my TV. Seems that the used screen size is to large. Is there any possibility to tune the screen size?

Thank you,
    Stefan

• (1) You do not have to restart enigma2 to get the epg. It is done automatically.

In folder /etc/epgimport there is an xml file with channels list. The plugin compares this list with the list in /etc/enigma2/lamedb. When it finds the channels in your bouquet in both these lists - it makes the epg.

If you have problem with any channel - check that the channel hex number is same in both these lists.

Multiepg (more than now/next) is only made for channels in bouquets.

(2) Which windows have this left side problem ?

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

Originally posted by elmartino
    Hi,

yes, they are on my NAS (Synology DS 101j).
    Is there a telnet command, which I could use to trigger the 'increase memory' manually again - for good measure?

Thanks! Martin

Hi,

Sorry, I am a bit confused !

Do you have an internal harddisk in your box ?

Or, do you have an external nfs mount linked to the dreambox folder /media/hdd ?

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,

sorry for confusion.
    I have an external NAS mounted at /media/hdd via the mount manager. So my first activity is to enter in mount manager the link to the NAS (via NFS) and the second step is to increase memory.
    Then I restart the dreambox to be on the save side. This works fine for the old version but not with the new version.

Thanks again, Martin

• Zitat

Originally posted by elmartino
    Hi,

sorry for confusion.
    I have an external NAS mounted at /media/hdd via the mount manager. So my first activity is to enter in mount manager the link to the NAS (via NFS) and the second step is to increase memory.
    Then I restart the dreambox to be on the save side. This works fine for the old version but not with the new version.

Thanks again, Martin

Please reinstall the image. Replace /etc/move2hdd.sh with the attached (chmd 755) and then "Increase memory".

If you are not using cfs - you can also delete /usr/sbin/smbd. Save it first on your pc in case you need it !:)

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi PCD,

after a full investigation, I discovered that problem is in channels with N3 encryption. CCc4m is able to show on TV but can't record it. Osc4m is not able to decrypt it. With Seca encryption, both c4ms are able to watch and record.

If you need more info, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
    JJF.

• Zitat

Originally posted by mkhlzhr
    How do I activate Web interface?

Hi mkhlzhr,

first tou should install all the modules of the Basic Software Pack. Restart system and then you should be able to install addons, plugins, etc.

If you have in flash, don't forget to free memory with the included tools or the new move2hdd.sh published by PCD few posts above.

Best regards,
    JJF.

• Thanks, but which addon or plugin is the web interface?

Regards,
    mkhlzhr

• Blue button -> Extra Setup -> Addon Manager ->Download -> Plugins

In the list you will see two webinterface. Please use the last one.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,

I added the proposed changes to the memory cleanup utility (site-packages). Still there was the message about low main memory. I removed skins and packages, without big success. Only when I deleted the smbd file (~ 3MB) this did the job.
    So basically the box works now - video playback via NAS or WebIf.
    Only the tuner is not recognized (DVB-C) when I do the automatic scanning with default settings (no log / crash - only error message on screen like 'search failed' - while it worked like this in the older release...).
    It also crashes when I start the scanning with changed tuner parameters. Dump attached.

Thanks! Martin