(deprecated) cross platform tuner sharing, friendly user test

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Zitat

Originally posted by liviurosioara
    When you compile the vtunerd.mipsel for dm800 you do it with 'have_dmm_tuner' (vtuner-dmm-3.c)... but what i want to share is the second tuner, that is usb dvb-t (vtuner-dvb-3.c) attached to dm800. Could you build the vtunerd.mipsel in this way?

The usbtuner binary from Homey[GER] is using the DMM API extensions as well and it's known to work there. So I doubt that this is the reason.

Roland

• You should try the attached usbtuner, it's a Q&D hack of Homeys usbtuner.c with the following additions:
    - discover attached tuner type (DVB-T/DVB-C/DVB-S) and set vtuner type according
    - copy dvb_frontend_info from usb attached tuner to vtuner device

I haven't tested this, so it may be completely broken :)

• I have tested usbtuner before, it's not working with dvb-t for the moment.

Because I don't have the toolchain to cross-compile vtunerd for dm800, I would need your help to build the vtunerd from 26.08 with dvb-api instead of dmm tuner. Then I will test it and provide with the details.

• Zitat

I have tested usbtuner before, it's not working with dvb-t for the moment.

Because I don't have the toolchain to cross-compile vtunerd for dm800, I would need your help to build the vtunerd from 26.08 with dvb-api instead of dmm tuner. Then I will test it and provide with the details.

sorry, i was not precise enough. usbtuner.gz is a compressed mipsel binary.

Roland

• I have read the thread about usbtuner some weeks ago and already tested the binary. Unfortunatelly, it works only for dvb-s tuners.

I'm pretty sure that compiling the vtunerd for dm800 in the way it doesn't have the integrated tuner will allow me to make use of the usb device.

If you can't compile this, at least is it possible to guide me how to make the mipsel-linux-gcc for dm800 or to have access to files from folder /stuff/dm800?

• Zitat

I have read the thread about usbtuner some weeks ago and already tested the binary. Unfortunatelly, it works only for dvb-s tuners.

Yes, I know. I've added support for DVB-T and DVB-C in the attached version :)

that's the diff

Roland

• Sounds great :) I'll test right now!

Later edit: it doesn't work. After restarting e2, there is an error message FE_SET_VOLTAGE failed - Invalid argument. And no tuning at all.

• Zitat

Sounds great :) I'll test right now!

Later edit: it doesn't work. After restarting e2, there is an error message FE_SET_VOLTAGE failed - Invalid argument. And no tuning at all.

Another Patch:

Code
    168c183,185
    < 				require(ioctl(fe, FE_SET_VOLTAGE, msg.body.voltage) == 0, "FE_SET_VOLTAGE");
    ---
    > 				if(fe_info.type == FE_QPSK) {
    > 					require(ioctl(fe, FE_SET_VOLTAGE, msg.body.voltage) == 0, "FE_SET_VOLTAGE");
    > 				}

Roland

• rmie

Thank you for helping me with the vtunerd-dvb3 version.
    When tuning a dvb-t channel on dm800, the blue led of the usb tuner lights up, this is a good sign. After that, the dm800 displays the snr/agc/ber info, after some seconds i got the 'no data on the transponder - timeout reading PAT' and then the led of the usb tuner goes off again.

I captured the logs of both vtunerd-dvb3 and vtunerct running in the same time, maybe you can figure what's happening :)

What I saw it was wrong:

[1081 vtuner-dvb-3.c:91] warn: FE_GET_FRONTEND failed
    [1081 vtunerd.c:290] debug: MSG_GET_FRONTEND
    [1081 vtunerd.c:347] warn: vtuner call failed, type:-1 reason:-1 - Invalid argument

• Zitat

What I saw it was wrong:

[1081 vtuner-dvb-3.c:91] warn: FE_GET_FRONTEND failed
    [1081 vtunerd.c:290] debug: MSG_GET_FRONTEND
    [1081 vtunerd.c:347] warn: vtuner call failed, type:-1 reason:-1 - Invalid argument

That's really strange, it's hard to understand why FE_GET_FRONTEND is failing.

I've wrote a simple test program to verify this. If tested this with most tuners available to me (dm800, dbox2, hauppauge pci card, PCTV 452e, B2C2 USB DVB-T) it works successful. Please try with your CinergyT2 if it fails there, I'd assume the driver to be broken.

Roland

• Now, I can tell you why it's failing... It has nothing but a comment in the source file in the section where FE_GET_FRONTEND should be defined... So the driver is the problem.

• Zitat

Now, I can tell you why it's failing... It has nothing but a comment in the source file in the section where FE_GET_FRONTEND should be defined... So the driver is the problem.

Do you have your build env up and running?

A simple workaround would be to save the information set by FE_SET_FRONTEND and, if the call to FE_GET_FRONTEND fails, return this. Should be not more than 10 lines of code in usbtuner.c.

Roland

• I didn't manage to build the env. I will try again in the evening.

But do you think that the warning 'FE_GET_FRONTEND failed' is the cause for not having the stream displayed?

• I'm interrested using Dbox2(DVB-S) as server, but is the 10MBit/s-ethernetconnection fast enough to watch programs with high datarates, like ARD,ZDF,...?

Regards,
    Conian

• Zitat

But do you think that the warning 'FE_GET_FRONTEND failed' is the cause for not having the stream displayed?

I'm not sure, but the suggested work around is easy. So it's worth trying.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Conian
    I'm interrested using Dbox2(DVB-S) as server, but is the 10MBit/s-ethernetconnection fast enough to watch programs with high datarates, like ARD,ZDF,...?

Yes, high data rate services are causing problems. RTL/VOX/SAT1/PRO7 are working flawless 99% of the time.

Roland

• Zitat

Originally posted by rmie

I'm not sure, but the suggested work around is easy. So it's worth trying.

Hi,

I got the toolchain working. But my knowledge in programming is still limited :frowning_face: Could you indicate the steps needed, please?

• Zitat

I got the toolchain working. But my knowledge in programming is still limited :frowning_face: Could you indicate the steps needed, please?

This should work (as usual, totaly untested :) :frowning_face:

Roland

• Zitat

Originally posted by SrbastianM
    would it be possible to use picture in picture on a dm800 (e.g. with a dm600 as second tuner server...)

ciao
    Basti

no, only one decoder device is available :frowning_face: