Statement regarding the latest Gemini 4.3.1 for the DM500

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Zitat

Originally posted by Dreamsat2
    1- I never stated that what you mentioned that the new drivers are in the current CVS repository, I said it will be in future CVS, but it seems you, like all other Canadian clone lovers, love to put words in people's mouth, that they didn't say.

I'll refer you to your own words:

This was in response to hemi's question

Zitat

go ahead and take a look at latest CVS, it has both built-in

followed a little later by:

Zitat

just be patient and let us, me, you, and everyone, see what is coming out from DMM.

Zitat

2- There is always a close relation between DMM and ihad, and there will always be. And I never said that to make myself look important or not, but again, these words of you, are the Canadian Clone Lovers way of disrespecting good people.

Then why not explain a little better exactly why we'd be surprised at the relationship? It seems kind of superfluous then to state like you did:

Zitat

I am saying it again, it is unknown to most people what is ihad - TGP - DMM and the relation between the three.

Zitat

3- I am not a dealer for Dreambox, and I am certainley not a clone dealer, and since you do not know who I am or what I do, it is very stupid from you to judge my sense of business.

I guess I answered all your questions. Now, you can go back to your Clone Loving Board called CloneBoxForNewbies, where newbies are always flamed if they ask simple questions.

I never implied you were a clone dealer, however your combative method of responding to what are legitimate questions should make you reconsider how you address people because it sure makes it seem like you have a vested financial interest in the sales of DMM products.

Again you request I go back to a board you appear to have issues with although lord knows why seeing as you appear to be such an easy chap to get along with. [/sarcasm off]. In reading this entire thread, you are the only one who immediately resorts to pettiness and namecalling instead of acting like an adult and answering questions addressing concerns owners of legitimate DMM boxes may have, myself included.

Until a clearcut explanation is made public of exactly what method was used to identify the clones, I sure as heck will not be putting any new images on any of my boxes lest uneknown to me the MAC of my true DM falls within a range that may also be used by a clone. I appreciate that the full method of how identification was done may be hard to make public because it would enable those very people DMM is trying to limit in their production to circumvent countermeasures, however at this point no owner of a DMM can be sure that a Gemini image using the new head.ko file only provided to Gemini is safe.

Maybe for once you can respond like an adult instead of basically telling me to naff off.

• Zitat

Originally posted by robin58 @ CloneBoxForNewbies
    Re: Expressions of Gemini - CAUTION !!
    Gemini's Official Movie: Das Bootloader

I have nothing to say to you but to ask you politely to take your Clone Loving Canadian Ass back to your CloneBoxForNewbies Clone Board.

You people are pathetic, when you have/show respect for people who put lots of time and hard work for the hobby, you, then, might get a descent answer from someone, but certainly not from me.

• Zitat

I have nothing to say to you but to ask you politely to take your Clone Loving Canadian Ass back to your CloneBoxForNewbies Clone Board.

You people are pathetic, when you have/show respect for people who put lots of time and hard work for the hobby, you, then, might get a descent answer from someone, but certainly not from me.

• Zitat

Originally posted by smrs2000
    I have an original DM600 but I think what you did is immoral since people trusted you as a team and you did that to them with coold blood. I believe you should have stated clearly that your image is intended only for original boxes.

After what you have done really I cannot trust you as a team and I'll never use your image.

By incorporating the new driver from Dream Multimedia, it is supposedly providing new features/functionality but why would IHAD release the image on the same version number, why not version 4.3.2?

So in IHAD's statement claiming no knowledge of the "time bomb" is all BULLSHIT!!!

Re-releasing the image as 4.3.1 again with the "time bomb" was downright underhanded.

• Zitat

Originally posted by smrs2000
    I have an original DM600 but I think what you did is immoral since people trusted you as a team and you did that to them with coold blood. I believe you should have stated clearly that your image is intended only for original boxes.

After what you have done really I cannot trust you as a team and I'll never use your image.

By incorporating the new driver from Dream Multimedia, it is supposedly providing new features/functionality but why would IHAD release the image on the same version number, why not version 4.3.2?

So in IHAD's statement claiming no knowledge of the "time bomb" is all BULLSHIT!!!

Re-releasing the image as 4.3.1 again with the "time bomb" was downright underhanded.

• Well personally I think it sucks. I own an original 7020 an original 500 and a clone with different box to original 500.

Now I am sure that you are thinking that I am not happy because the clone is now dead but no the clone is working quite happily and much better than the original 500.

Yes my original box has suffered from this. It had been back to DMM as the ethernet became faulty on the box and I paid dream for a repair to it. The mac address on this box was changed by DMM themselves to a different mac which I am assuming that the shitty gemini believed was a clone mac.

I am now faced with the cost of a return to DMM factory and downtime on this receiver. Last time it went back it was 5 months before return!!!!!!!!!

Quite frankly I am totally pissed off with the situation and as far as I can see the clone is the better machine!!!!

I was fully intending to buy a DM800 on release and have already preordered with my local supplier but this action really makes me feel that I do not want to give DMM any more of my money and that I should wait for the Clone DM800!!

• I agree with alot you said, I think that DMM and Gemini could have acted in a different way instead of killing clones.

hehehehhh you trying to give us a warning? :) :) :) :)

• Hello,

Just wish to wrote few lines what I think about this...
    GP team has for sure know about dirver inside 4.3.1 ( no doubt )
    coz U have allowed Blue panel and U know what will happen,
    and it was rellease few day's afther 4.3.0 where U have see how
    clone box user's have find a way to bypass security implemented in
    current rellease!

So U rellease new image, with known ( timebomb )

Why ?

Since DMM cant handle (find ) copy
    producer's and refund lost bussiness profit from them, they destroy
    private property which is ilegal in any country!

Only 1 thing should be a different in this whole scenario.

ADIOS AMIGO - ( stupid, childish ) should be replaced for this

Clone detected, please upgrade your licence and become of DM community!
    Offcourse for some XX €.
    Like that driver have kill bios in clone, he could also update bios or even
    protect it and decleare it as original afther upgrade/payment !!!

Who would spit on you then?
    U will act like proffesional's and even victoryus, by showing good will.
    And U will be payed for something that U even have not produce ( clone ).

So afther that message, there can be also info,
    Trial period for testing this image on clone is expired, some function's
    maybe become unvailable, etc...

I have 7020 and it's not copy for sure :D, but I like DM user's will switch
    to another image, and will never use GP image again.

my 2 cent's

• Zitat

All what I need to say to you, politely, is to take your Clone Loving Canadian Ass back to your CloneBoxForNewbies board.

You people are so pathetic, when you start showing some decency & respect to the most who put time and hard work for the REAL dreambox, you then might get an answer, but certainly not from me.

• Openbios is not the openbios project,
    Openbios here is the "OpenBIOS ROM monitor" made by ibm, and distributed to all customers buyngm or requesting the evaultation kit.
    It's ofcourse not dmm's property, but they modified it to adapt it to the specific board (in this case the vulcan stb2500)
    you can google around seeking for "OpenBIOS ROM monitor" and you will find a coulpe pdf's from ibm, with nearly the same menu's that the boot monitor in our 500 has..

Regarding the head.ko, the story is different, unfortunately there is a violation there, because it includes modified parts of the api2 and gtx (dbox2) code.

if compared with objdump -d the code regarding api2 is slightly different (just to add negfilter), and the demux code is the same of the avia_gt_dmx.c revision 1.60 dated Wed Nov 14 17:59:22 2001 UTC, more or less the time when the drivers were freezed.

This is easy to verify, indeed sending a segmentated section to the pvr device, some packed will be discarded.. the bug was corrected implmenting hardware section filtering in dbox2, but never corrected here.
    HW section filtering would also make vlc streaming work better, as cpu would be free from software filtering.

Api2 core is easy to verify, just compile the files in the tuxbox tuxbox/driver/ost/Attic/ , then compare the objdumped binary head.ko and the freshly compiled module, the resulting code will be very very similar.

• has nothing to do who is working or have worked with dmm, is about the drivers that dmm claims to be proparty of DMM but are not.

What will happen when we get it confirmed from a higher instance that the drivers ard not dmm proparty ?

• this is true, no question but what is interesting me how is it possible to have a licensed driver in a GPL OS ( linux-enigma), have read a interesting post about this.

" „man kann durchaus ein GPL lizenziertes Programm mit Code kombinieren, dessen Lizenz nicht zur GPL kompatibel ist. Man darf diese Kombination nur nicht veröffentlichen, sondern nur für den Eigenbedarf (firmenintern) verwenden“ "

• Zitat

Originally posted by vladojko

For your info:

1. I have real dreambox - the first series 7000 (so I am one of the ancient customers)
    2. I do not have clone, and I am not affected with this brainless action
    3. I will never again buy anything from the company who is developing viruses targeting their own customers. They should take a legal action against producers and importers of these boxes, and not take the justice in their own hands. On top of that, the dreambox is product entirerly dedicated to the piracy - it is ment to be used with emulators, cardsharing, etc, in order to enable watching pay tv without legal subscription. That way DMM is taking away the customers of pay-tv operators, reducing their profit, and get people loosing their jobs. Can you imagine that pay tv operators (for example sky) make emulator that descramble their services, and put the timebomb inside, and kills all dreamboxes around (legal and clones)? I imagine you would not laugh anymore, like you do now.

I am still laughing mate.

What are you talking about DMM boxes are used for stealing pay-tv, you are one of those who are doing the stealing so how hypercritical is that. If you are so incensed by DMM actions, why don't you get rid of your DMM products, at least then you will not be a hypocrite, but the truth is you will not as you can't do without them and if you did you would not be able to get all the free channels that you like to watch.

Sky do not have any licence for any part of my Dreamboxes so their action would be nothing other than illegal. You, and those posters with your unreasonable attitude on here, seem to forget the main reason the action was taken. That action was to protect the licence that DMM have for their product, by your attitude, you are every bit as bad as those who seem to take delight in condemning for viewing encrypted channels, by taking the side of those who steal DMM software, which is their software, under a licence issued to them. You all like to have things both ways, have your DMM products and use they for viewing encrypted channels for free, but also to keep those who steal software it took DMM years to develop, in business by crying about a few copy 500s boxes going down.

All you who are talking down this forum and the actions of DMM really need to take yourselves somewhere else and leave the rest of us to talk about something useful, not something that is destructive.

BURN ALL COPY DREAMBOXES AND CLONES.

Very best regards Wez

Don't know what to put here there is nothing to say what should go here.

• Zitat

Original von vladojko
    when we get that confirmed, then there would be some new fat german arses in prisons

vladojko: first and last warning :gelb:

Zitat

Handle each other nicely
    Please keep a reasonable handling along and among themselves. There will always be diversities of opinion, which also can be discussed fully here. At face-to-face attacks and offenses the team will intervene and stop the discussion. Please remember, that this is a hobby and everyone spend all their spare time for this board and also for you.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Dreamsat2

All what I need to say to you, politely, is to take your Clone Loving Canadian Ass back to your CloneBoxForNewbies board.

You people are so pathetic, when you start showing some decency & respect to the most who put time and hard work for the REAL dreambox, you then might get an answer, but certainly not from me.

Cute, it's not bad enough you spend your days C&P from DBFN to IHADNADA, but now you've decided to bring them too IHAD also.

Oh, and don't worry, nobody was expecting an intelligent answer from you... As if...

--
    hemi

• What's even less surprising is he manages to copy and paste the same thing 4 times but fails to address the actual question posed here which is the only place sofar he engages in a discussion.

At ihadnada he closes threads. I think I will from now on copyright my posts at his favorite c+p source. Very easily done and in accordance with copyright laws I can permit or deny the unauthorized duplication.

Here he acts like a pompous moron.

Sad when you feel better support will be provided by cloneboxes for n00bs as you like to call the site than at a site that proclaims to be the homesite of the premier image for dreamboxes.

Oh wait, that's right clonebox for noobs has been the site that has kept the entire North American user community up and running while ihadabsolutelynada has only copied and pasted emu's and other posts.

• I thinkt this thread is NOT intended to discuss the quality of this or other boards, their admins, vips and members.

It is solely to discuss Schädelmeisters Statement regading the latest Gemini 4.3.1 for the 500 as the thread title says.

So please contribute to this topic and not to the wastebasket - no matter what arguments in the wrong directions (and I mean BOTH directions) are pointed out.

Ciao
    gutemine

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()