BCM4506 & 4505 can't handle high S/R?

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • My 8k is recent model with 4506 int tuners and 1 4505 plugin tuner and I understood at least the 4505 could handle high sr.

Are these tuners unable to handle high symbol rate such as 44100 as used on the BBC package on 27.5w or is it a driver problem ?

• No, both of them are capable to receive these specific transponder.
    The only problem is that you have to add these services manually to your settings. The problem are the missing SI tables on that transponder so you can't find these channels with a normal service scan.

Ein kleines Dankeschön, durch eine Spende, nehme ich gerne an, PayPal oder Amazon-Gutschein an dhwz(at)gmx.net

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• thanks dhwz

I have a ready made list here with all channels added, all parameters are correct except for the PMT pid which is why I guess I'm getting the famiiar 'timeout reading PAT' message.

So how to add the missing PMT pid ? Dreamboxedit doesn't have a field for this so i'm guessing it should go into the Extra parameters field but what should I enter?

• Did you set the K and P Flag in Dreamboxedit? Should work if you set both of them.

Ein kleines Dankeschön, durch eine Spende, nehme ich gerne an, PayPal oder Amazon-Gutschein an dhwz(at)gmx.net

• The problem is that we're not able to add PMT PID and, therefore, choose the encryption system.

It's a big pity that we can't manually enter PMT into our channel lists.