Lost in Translation

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...

• You don't tell us what image you use, what box you use, what dFlash version you use - so what anwer are you expecting ?

• Zitat

Original von Freeeeak
    hehe, weiß nicht wann du es getauscht hattest, hatte es kurz vor dem posting von Seite 1 geladen und installiert

Deswegen dürft Ihr ja testen, aber du hättest es ja trotzdem lesen können bevor du postest :)

Weil ich finde es eigentlich doof mich selbst zu zitieren.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• ?? Ups weiß gerade nicht was passiert, wollte dich in keinster Weise "angreifen". Ich hatte um ca 17 Uhr dein 0.96 runter geladen und installiert und um 17.11 Uhr dann gepostet nach den greenscreen. Deswegen hatte ich gefragt, wann du es ausgetauscht hattest auf Seite 1.

Ich bin jetzt davon ausgegangen, das du es vorher ausgetauscht hattest... laut deinem letzten Edit 22,35 gestern Abend...

Gruß F.
    2x DM8000HD mit OE2 und GP3.2
    Philips Smart TV 46PFL9706K LED mit Spektra 3 XL
    Philips LCD 42PFL9703 Spektra 3

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Freeeeak ()

• Sorry,

DM8000
    Last DMM experimental + GP3 and all updates
    dFlash v0.96

2* usb from 2GB mounted in /dev/sdc and /dev/sdc
    1* cf 12GB mounted in /dev/sdb

and nothing mounted in /dev/sda till now I did arrive to do it

no internal HDD

I hope the infos are enough

• Zitat

Original von Freeeeak
    ?? Ups weiß gerade nicht was passiert, wollte dich in keinster Weise "angreifen". Ich hatte um ca 17 Uhr dein 0.96 runter geladen und installiert und um 17.11 Uhr dann gepostet nach den greenscreen. Deswegen hatte ich gefragt, wann du es ausgetauscht hattest auf Seite 1.

Ich bin jetzt davon ausgegangen, das du es vorher ausgetauscht hattest... laut deinem letzten Edit 22,35 gestern Abend...

Das war auch kein Vorwurf - lade es nochmals runter und berichte ob es damit jetzt geht.

• Ist there enough Freespace for the temporary swapspace and backup files on the device that you are doing the backup ?

Otherwise ist simply fails ...

• yes swap file is 256 MB

Can you please confirm if the problem is not related to no mount in /dev/sda
    And probably how can I mount one USB in /dev/sda

• First of all you should format and mount /dev/sda1 and not the rawdevice on /dev/sda and the same applies to /dev/sdc and /dev/sdb

Second you can change the backup path to /media/usb or where your stick//cf is mountet and then there is no need for a harddisk.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von gutemine
    First of all you should format and mount /dev/sda1 and not the rawdevice on /dev/sda and the same applies to /dev/sdc and /dev/sdb

Second you can change the backup path to /media/usb or where your stick//cf is mountet and then there is no need for a harddisk.

Thank you,

But i tryed several times to mount it in /dev/sda1 as well but never reach it appears a error that the device in nit present in fstab file!

Sorry but can you explain me the steps how to doit? I'm a neewby in this matter

Thank you

• In a standard CVS Image you simply go the The Harddisk Menu and when there is no harddisk present forst stick should be found as /dev/sda and will be partitioned as /dev/sda1 and formatted as ext3 there.

With GP3 you will find the correct procedure in GP3 Wiki and don#t forget to label the stick in the Gp3 Device Manager with hdd so that it gets mounted at /media/hdd.

But this is here not the Thread to support your mount Problems :)

• Zitat

Original von gutemine
    In a standard CVS Image you simply go the The Harddisk Menu and when there is no harddisk present forst stick should be found as /dev/sda and will be partitioned as /dev/sda1 and formatted as ext3 there.

With GP3 you will find the correct procedure in GP3 Wiki and don#t forget to label the stick in the Gp3 Device Manager with hdd so that it gets mounted at /media/hdd.

But this is here not the Thread to support your mount Problems :)

Thank you any way

• Hi..,
    hatte gestern mit der 0.96 auch den GS mit der Box, bin dann erst wieder auf die 94 zurück.

Gerade nochmal die neue 0.96 getestet, die macht jetzt wieder brav ein 57 MB Backup.

DM8000, Backup zum Netzlaufwerk

Gruß aus Lünen

TeHC

DM 920 UHD, DM 7080HD, DM 820HD, DM 500HD, 2x dBox2, Qnap TS-531X (5x3TB)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TeHC ()

• Zitat

Original von gutemine

Das war auch kein Vorwurf - lade es nochmals runter und berichte ob es damit jetzt geht.

Hi,
    wie schon geglaubt, immer noch Greenscreen, dein letzter Edit der Seite 1 war doch Mitttwoch 22.35 mit der Copy and Paste Fehlerbereinigung, wenn ich dann am Do 17 Uhr den Stand downloade, sollte es der aktuelle gewesen sein .... ist aber nur ein kurzer reeboot, denke nur die GUI. Hast du vielleicht noch eine Idee? Es gibt ja nur den Seite 1 DL, im BP ist noch die 0.91 hinterlegt

• dann solltest du deinen Browsercache leeren damit du endlich das aktuelle ipk runterladest und verwendest.

Und was Imagebauer auf Ihrem Feed haben liegt nicht in meiner Verantwortung.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Look, if I write here please test, and you simply download and use in production without testing - and then complain if it doesn't work - who's fault is ist ?

And I'm pretty aware that people are waiting until a new version shows up and X-post them at other places to make theor boards more interesing - then it is also THEIR problem if they are not even following the thread :)

If you want up to date kits and information and support ... you are here at the right place.

Ciao
    gutemine

• I know how to change version numbers :)

BUT this is here a development and support thread, if I ask people to test I have to change the number, then I fix it until it works - then the number stays. Otherwise we end up with 3 digit version numbers pretty soon.

And there is also intention behind this - if everybody leans back and doesn't test I have to find all the bugs myself and spend too much time on such boring tasks as testing, When people don't known the difference of a test version or an official one (because of lazyness to follow the thread, or because of language problems) they will use it - and I get my test results.

If I would make 'test versions only' the people yould not test them and most of them only wait for the working ones - which then creates a dead end because without tests and bugfixing there will be no bugfree final ones :)

This is simply the way it works ....

And belive me I tried the other approaches also, this turned out to be the most efficient one.

And because I normally do the bugfixing pretty fast nobody really can complain when he is missused. Microsoft does this all the time ... complain there - when they change their approach I will consider to follow.

To summ it up: What you see as a problem is an opportunity for me to get better and faster real live testers :)

Ciao
    gutemine

• Gutemine mine was just a suggestion.

Maybe you put
    0.96_r0
    0.96_r1
    0.96_r2

etc etc. .. and the stable version 0.96

Because when you release a version other sites take it and put it in download, and do not update until you do not change the version number.

Here you are the boss

• Zitat

Original von gutemine
    I know how to change version numbers :)

And as I already explained - it is NOT my intention to make 'other sites' happy who are just taking an not testing or giving input - HERE.

This is like educating children - either you take the lesson or don't complain :)

Ciao
    gutemine