Dreambox recording

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Hello everyone, I'm a new user. I was looking for a way to record TV programs (Swiss Cablecom) and I heard about Dreambox.
    Being completely (and I mean COMPLETELY :tongue:) ignorant about this, I'd like to ask you people something.
    Can I use the Dreambox to only record programs? I already have a working cable subscription, but no device to actually record my TV programs.

If yes, is the Dreambox DM 600 S a good way to only use it as PVR?

• hi,
    I'm not sure but isn't Swiss Cablecom a cable provider?

Well DM 600S is a satelite reciver......

For cable there is the DM 600 PVR C

Wenn looking on the Swiss Cablecom web page I see that most channels are in HD
    I think the old E1 boxes like DM 600 C are not HD capeble, so not the best box in ourtimes

Further if there is a card needed for your channels, then you also have to look how/if it is supported, the DM 600 C has only a card reader, no CI slot.
    Thus you have to look for CAM SW, which is a not supported topic on this board

But YES, the DM 600 PVR C can record if you install a 2.5' HD

• I confirm that. Swiss Cablecom is a cable provider, not a satellite provider. The basic package (basic channels) of Cablecom are not encrypted. Therfore, you can use any Dreambox with a DVB-C tuner to record. But, I strongly recommend a HD box because there are not many SD channels left on Cablecom. Forget your DM 600 S. Even for satellite the DM600 (C or S) is not longer appropriate.

Im Einsatz: DM900UHD | DM7080HD | NAS | 13°+19,2° | DVB-C

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SchweizerBox ()