external cardreader

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • i need to buy a external card reader for my 500 dm which is the best one to get .i can't use smarthouse or cas because it needs a 9v power plug to run it as the 500 has no usb.and i can't use the 7025 because the external card reader does not work on it.

• any cardreader will want power.

i dont understand your 7025 comment, i released an evocamd/newcs combo that worked on 7025 with phoenix on the serial-port months ago on this forum.

maybe you should say what your trying to do.

• Zitat

Originally posted by fcukbcfc
    i need to buy a external card reader for my 500 dm which is the best one to get .i can't use smarthouse or cas because it needs a 9v power plug to run it as the 500 has no usb.and i can't use the 7025 because the external card reader does not work on it.

You can use a smarthouse just go and buy a multivolt adapater from your local £1 shop, there was a guy selling the readers on ebay for about £13 with delivery, just type smarthouse.

P.S. hate to see the vi**a doing well but you'll go places with o'neil

• Zitat

Originally posted by highwayman
    any cardreader will want power.

i dont understand your 7025 comment, i released an evocamd/newcs combo that worked on 7025 with phoenix on the serial-port months ago on this forum.

maybe you should say what your trying to do.

You did so, but you removed the files after nobody didn't give any comments about them...

But nevertheless, I never got a infinity usb phoenix to work on 7025 no matter how the settings were configured....

So your files would be nice to try

• the external card does not work on the 7025 with gbox
    .and which are the smarthouse programers you are talking about i have one but the 500 does not have a usb.

• using my sc-master card reader to do the job for now on mode 1 with 3.58 mhz.need something else it is a waste using it for that job.

• for test: configure the card types and external baud-rate in the newcs config.

the MIPS is for 7025, the PPC is for all other recievers.

(p) is for phenix readers on the serial port,
    (i) is for infinity compatable usb readers.
    usb readers must also be linked to the serial port.

• not working for me to with an sc-master card reader and newcs,
    this is my log
    [ 09:36:40 ] [ Loader ] Reader type 2 on node /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:40 ] [ Phoenix ] Opening device /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:40 ] [ Phoenix ] Setting Parity to: ODD
    [ 09:36:40 ] [ Phoenix ] Setting Baud to custom 16129
    [ 09:36:40 ] [ Phoenix ] Normal RESET on node /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Loader ] Unknown card
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Loader ] Trying Irdeto (T=14)
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Loader ] Reader type 2 on node /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Phoenix ] Opening device /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Phoenix ] Setting Parity to: ODD
    [ 09:36:43 ] [ Phoenix ] Setting Baud to standard 9600
    [ 09:36:44 ] [ Phoenix ] Normal RESET on node /dev/tts/0
    [ 09:36:47 ] [ Loader ] Unknown card
    [ 09:36:47 ] [ NewCS ] Ready to GO! :)

• Depending on the card you have to set the right mhz number for the cardreader and inside the newcs.xml.
    Betacrypt and Irdetocards need 6 mhz and all others 3.57 mhz.

• i just think the external card reader does not work i have tried a smarthouse usb and a sc master reader no good with gbox.i use the sc-master on my 500 in mode 1 358mhz with my anaconda card with gbox 2.25 works well.

• phoenix and smartmouse are NOT the same,
    smartmouse inverts the reset signal - you must configure the settings to allow for this.

go to the german newcs section and download the latest newcs, then you can look at the example config's to see how it all works.

my config files are very cut down to apear clean, i would be the first to admit that it's not helpfull if you want to change something.