WinDR (WinDreamRemote) for Windows - watch and control your dreambox remotely (Enigma1 and 2)

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Könnte eventuell jemand tilleke eine pm oder email schicken mit der frage ob er eine neue version von dem Programm wegen des Ablaufdatums hochladen könnte? Ich darf wohl noch keine pms und email senden.

• Hi,

Extended time-limit version Beta 0.85 of 01/12/2010 just posted in the first post of the thread. New expiry-date is 12/03/2011.

Nothing changed - only expiry-date. Hopefully next release will add new features.

For existing users, you just need to replace the old executable with the new one.

Rgds,
    tilleke

• too bad it doesn't work with latest vlc version. other that that it works ok. but still there is the famous vlc problem... watching tv cabo bouquet channels don't always work... tested with dm500 enigma1 box. but an other app i use work ok. the secret is it uses mplayer instead of vlc. wishes this can help you. otherwise great app and maybe you make a ios/android port later :face_with_tongue:

• Hi,

not sure when but at a certain point, one of the next releases will support the more recent versions of VLC.

For Android, try my other application which supports streaming in LAN and via Internet:

AndroidDreamer

It supports both Enigma1 and Enigma2

Never heard about the problem regarding tv cabo. I will try to find some information and see if it can be supported.

rgds,
    tilleke

Zitat

Originally posted by vartaxe
    too bad it doesn't work with latest vlc version. other that that it works ok. but still there is the famous vlc problem... watching tv cabo bouquet channels don't always work... tested with dm500 enigma1 box. but an other app i use work ok. the secret is it uses mplayer instead of vlc. wishes this can help you. otherwise great app and maybe you make a ios/android port later :face_with_tongue:

• hi there i'm trying to get this up and runing but untill now nothing
    i'm trying on my pc at home with the vlc 1.0.5 but when i click stream on the windr comes up a window that says
    WMDR cannot connect to the telnet-port of vlc
    verify your vlc settings and/ or ensure that
    vlc is running with the telnet-interface enabled
    so i check all of this but is not working
    what am i doing wrong?
    many thanks

• hi, so far the remote and the bouquets work for me (Omnia i900 and Dreambox 7025). But when I choose watch/streaming in the WMDreamremote application on my Omnia phone Coreplayer opens and a window with the message "cant open url" appears.
    The Dreambox however switches on the channel which is selected on the phone....

How can I solve this ?

Thanks , Tom

• I have the same problem as others have said.
    I can browse in the bouquets.
    But, the VLC as server shows no reaction.

The VLC-Client shows an access message to a asx file but nothing happens.

After a while, the VLC-Client shows a message the telnet port can not be accessed. And yes, telnet is enabled on the VLC-Server.

I've tried many versions of VLC, also quite old (1.03 or 0.84), but it does not work. All ports are opened properly and a firewall is not blocking.

cu goohnie

• Hi,

Extended time-limit version Beta 0.54d of 12/03/2011 just posted in the first post of the thread. New expiry-date is 12/06/2011.

Nothing changed - only expiry-date. Hopefully next release will add new features.

For existing users, you just need to replace the old executable with the new one.

rgds,
    tilleke

• goohnie

From the guide posted in the first post of this thread:

"So, let's associate the ASX-extension with VLC so that VLC automatically opens all files with ASX-extension. To do this, open the folder where you copied WinDR and there you should find a file called WMDR.asx. Select this file and then when clicking the right mouse-button, you select "Open with" and then you choose "Select Program". Now we select VLC and then we make sure to enable the flag which indiucates that this type of files should always be opened by VLC. Now we have associated ASX-extensions with VLC."

rgds,
    tilleke

• The WMDR.asx file is already associated with VLC. VLC opens even if I start a channel from the bouquet. This is not the problem. But otherwise nothing happens

cu goohnie

• Where are you trying to use WinDR? At home or somewhere else?

Does it work in your LAN at home? If you are using it, for instance, at work, perhaps your work-network has implemented a firewall at gateway-level.

You can easily check if you can reach the telnet-port of your VLC-server, from outside your LAN like this:

open good old DOS (using cmd) and write

telnet (enter)
    open MYDNSADDRESS 4212 (enter)

now you should see a request for a password. Write
    admin (enter)
    and you should see a message saying "Welcome Master"

If you manage to login, then your telnet-connection is OK.
    If not, either you did not forward port (tcp) 4212 to your VLC-server or something (on your PC or in yournetwork) is blocking port 4212.

Let me know how it goes.

rgds,
    tilleke

Zitat

Originally posted by goohnie
    The WMDR.asx file is already associated with VLC. VLC opens even if I start a channel from the bouquet. This is not the problem. But otherwise nothing happens

cu goohnie

• I´m trying WinDR at home in my local Network.

after your suggestion, I get the message "Welcome Master".

But now I´m receiving the Message:

Ihre Eingabe konnte nicht geöffnet werden:
    VLC kann die MRL 'http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8085' nicht öffnen. Sehen Sie für Details im Fehlerprotokoll nach.

Google Translate:
    Your entry could not be opened:
    VLC, the MRL 'http://192.168.xxx.xxx5:8085' not open. Look for details in the error log.

The Port 8085 is already openened on the VLC Server Side

Thank you for helping me :)

cu goohnie

• Thank you tilleke, I am also using your program successfully.

I hope, we will get the final/end version without an expiry date one day!?:)

• Ok, now I'm a little wiser. I have two Dream Boxes.
    A dm800 with E1 and a dm7000 with E2.

The dm800 I have now taken to running! :)

The dm7000 with Enigma-1 will absolutely not work.

ciao goohnie

• Dear tilleke

I got WMDreamRemote_beta0_85_ext12062011.zip from "XDA" and its work.

Another version WinDreamRemote_ext_12062011.zip I got here and
    this version not work. I receive error :
    File or assembly name 'System.Drawing.Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A', or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Any suggestions?

My hardware:
    HTC HD2 , WIN MOB 6.5 CUSTOM ROM
    DREAMBOX DM800HD , ENIGMA 2

Thank you.

• Hello,
    When can I download a mobile version of this program
    (Samsung Omnia II - WM 6.5.3)
    Thank you