Dreambox WebControl

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Hello Again,

Another question using the DM900 web server.

Having configured a DDNS name and forwarded ports for my DM900, I'm trying to make the web interface work with those settings.

When I open my browser with my DDNS DM900 URL https://xxx.xxx.com:59982, I can see all my TV channels are listed but I cannot get VLC to play any streams even LIVE TV ones, because VLC insists on using the 8001 port instead of my forwarded port 57642. I have attached some screenshots.

I have also shown what settings are available in Dreambox WebControl - not many!
    Also I have attached my Router Port Forwarding configuration.

• Zitat

Originally posted by racer_571
    Hallo KevJames,

Probably the data rate for the streaming over the internet is too high.

?????

Sorry, but you misunderstood my question - it has nothing to do with data rates - it is a configuration issue. I am testing my setup at home with my INTERNAL network, relying on my routers "NAT Loopback" functionality to allow me to use NOT internal IP addresses and ports BUT the external ones.

So, on my internal network, I open the Dreambox WebControl server using https://<my DDNS server name>:59982 and it successfully opens the web page showing my TV list of channels BUT the configuration breaks down when I click on a channel to view the stream because VLC opens the stream using the internal port "8001" instead of the extermal port "57642" which I have port forwarded.

If, I manually change the VLC address altering 8001 to 57642 - I CAN see the stream. I do not want to have to do this EVERY time I change channels.

Of course when I'm at home I can use local IP addressing and see my streams without any fuss BUT if I'm in a remote location relying on an internet connection and my forwarded ports configuration , I have a usability issue.

• Zitat

Original von KevJames

Of course when I'm at home I can use local IP addressing and see my streams without any fuss BUT if I'm in a remote location relying on an internet connection and my forwarded ports configuration , I have a usability issue.

I still think the upload speed from your internet connection is too low.
    So the data rate too big for your upload speed.

If you take the dns address, the connection always goes over the internet.

• Zitat

Originally posted by racer_571

I still think the upload speed from your internet connection is too low.
    So the data rate too big for your upload speed.

If you take the dns address, the connection always goes over the internet.

"If you take the dns address, the connection always goes over the internet"
    Not true if the address I'm using on my local network is in reality my WAN address, NAT Loopback will treat it as a local address!

I'm sorry but the error message that VLC displays is that it cannot open the MRL because it is using the wrong port number. In the screenshot I attached, if I change the port number in the MRL to 57642 - IT WILL PLAY OK !!!

I'm just trying to understand how to make VLC pickup the right port number !

My upload speed is around 7Mbps and I have proven that I can see streams on my 3G/4G phone without issues. I just want to be able to set my own port numbers for security - the problems I'm having are all config issues with Android apps like DreamDroid and DreamEPG, and Windows software like Dreambox WebControl and VLC that CANNOT HANDLE the additional security of different port settings and user/passwords.

For example - if I enable transcoding in Dreambox WebControl, then it seems VLC asks me to enter my username and password EVERY time I display a transcoded stream.

• First of all, if you do not enable the setting "Enablle encoder" the streams will always be played by the streamproxy on Port 8001. There is no possibility to set an alternative port in the webinterface for that kind of streaming. In fact there arer no settings at all for regular streaming.
    Therefore the playlists that are created for streaming will always include port 8001. You will need to edit the playlist file (e.g. with Notepad++ and Search + Replace) for that.

If you do not want to do this for every single stream, you might export whole playlists for your bouquets and edit them accordingly. As long as the TV stations don't change in frequency etc., the playlists will remain valid and reusable :winking_face:

You might also include username and password in the playlist, but as this is plaintext, I wouldn't use the root user and password for that. I think you can use manually added alternative users for Webinterface and basic streaming.

There are some settings to change the playlists for transcoded streaming via RTSP, but not for HLS.

In DreamDroid and other enigma2 apps there are possibilities to set different ports for Webinterface and all kinds of streaming versions.

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Zitat

Originally posted by m0rphU
    ... There is no possibility to set an alternative port in the webinterface ...

For laptop use running Windows 10, is there an alternative to using the web interface?

Surely there must be a user friendly way of watching Satellite channels on my laptop at a remote location without having to resort to creating custom playlists etc.

Zitat

... In DreamDroid and other enigma2 apps there are possibilities to set different ports ...

For the Android apps DreamDroid and DreamEPG, when using transcoded RTSP streams, it seems that I can only use port 554 - if I try and use a different forwarded port in place of 554, I get a blank screen. If I forward the same port number 554, I see a perfect transcoded stream using my 3G or 4G mobile network provider here in the UK.

When not transcoding ie Live TV streaming, I can use any forwarded port number in place of 8001, and I was surprised to see a watchable stream - although it was probably killing my data plan!!

• Zitat

... you might export whole playlists for your bouquets and edit them accordingly ...

Yes, it seems VLC is my friend !

Using Dreambox WebControl, I can open the playlist for a particular Bouquet in VLC and then get VLC to save the playlist for later reuse. Great works really well EXCEPT when I check "enable encoder" in Dreambox WebControl settings, the opened playlist in VLC still has the standard port 8001 Live TV settings NOT the RTSP ones !

Yes, if I click on the individual channels stream buttons I see the correct RTSP URL, but not in the opened playlist for the whole Bouquet.

I can see that if I save the HTML page and use some deft grepping, I could extract the RTSP lines and create a playlist for VLC. Years of lazy Windows use has deskilled my Unix utility abilities - so that's going to be a hassle.

Do you have any suggestions?

• Ah I noticed that bug a while ago but didn't report it :face_with_rolling_eyes:

As a workaround I did a simple Search+Replace on the corresponding parts of the URL. I think I did describe it somewhere, but you should easily see the similarities and differences between the regular streaming URL (Port 8001) and the RTSP URL.
    You will basically only need to change the port and the parameters, but leave the service references.

P.S.: I don't know why you need to open VLC at all. I just download the .m3u with my browser...

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Zitat

... you should easily see the similarities and differences between the regular streaming URL (Port 8001) and the RTSP URL ...

See attached - Same channel but not much similarity between the two URL formats.

If the bug could be fixed then it would be easy to manipulate the ports and add the RTSP specific user/paswword information.

• OK - didn't spot that in the 8001 URLs - replacing ":" by "%3A" will create the correct RTSP URLs.

Thanks to this very informative thread ...

https://board.newnigma2.to/wbb…it-der-Dreambox-streamen/

They also mention VPN usage - do you think that I could implement a VPN solution with transcoded streams or is the speed limitations with VPN always going to be an issue ?