Gemini 3.8 dm800

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Hi,
    i seem to be having a problem in searching satellites when i do a scan on a new small stellite nothing happens. The receiver just seems to sit scanning the first transponder.
    Is there a addon i can download that preloads all chanells?
    Thanks,
    pedigree

• Zitat

Originally posted by Pedigree
    Hi,
    i seem to be having a problem in searching satellites when i do a scan on a new small stellite nothing happens. The receiver just seems to sit scanning the first transponder.
    Thanks,
    pedigree

Hi

You have under the satellite configuration settings of your DM800 the possibility to load defaults satellite channels for Hotbird and Astra. This works fine if your satellite configuration is correct.

This means, there is no need for any additional plug in.

Good luck

• Zitat

Hi,
    Thanks,
    pedigree

I have also noticed this problem.
    I am running Gemini V3.8 with a Diseqc 1.2 positioner and decided to do a full automatic scan of all satellites. This failed in the same fashion as described by Pedigree, the scan would seemingly sit dormant on the first scanned transponder.
    I did a bit more investigation and found that, for all satellites, if the first transponder in the service list did not have any active services in it then the scan would not proceed beyond this first transponder. eg. If I did a manual scan of Astra 19.2e, this would work as the first transponder, 10744, H has active channels on it whereas if I did a manual scan of Eutelsat W1 10E this did not proceed as the first transponder, 10960, V does not have any active channels in it.
    Further to this, if I went to the Satfinder section in the Service Searching menu, selected the first active transponder (locked) then went back to the manual service scan for the same satellite then the scan would complete successfully.
    I did a factory reset and went back to Gemini V3.7 but this suffers from the same problem. I then went back to an original version of DM800 firmware and this was ok. When I try my DM500 this is also ok so I gues my motor is ok.
    It looks as though somewhere along the line, the tuner drivers for Gemini have changed such that either the AGC or AFC is not functioning correctly or the USALS is not correctly calculating the coordinates for the motor correctly.
    Having said this, I would have expected more people to be flagging this problem if I were correct.
    I bought a very early DM800 in the UK and perhaps early batches had tuner problems??

• I have a DM800 and I have this problem too. I've found this the case on all images. I agree that it does seem to be when the first transponder doesn't have any active channels. I have found two ways of getting round this 1) individually selecting each transponder and scanning (very tedious) and 2) editing the satellite.xml file to remove the offending transponder settings. On a related note scanning satellites does seem very slow on some satellites compared with my Technomate 6900.

Trevor54

• It may be possible that Gemini 3.8 hunts for the satellite using the positioner before doing any scanning. So, if there are no active satellites on the first transponder then it keeps hunting instead of stepping through the transponders until it finds an active one.
    Though, if I go to satellite finder first and manually find an active transponder then do a transponder search on that satellite, it will happily search as normal(?)
    It is almost as if, once the DM800 finds an active transponder on a satellite, it sets a software flag and, unless the satellite is changed, it knows that it does not have to keep hunting.
    I cannot believe this has not affected more people.

• Andrewsm66 interesting as your method is how i have got around the problem. Once you lock an active transponder it will then scan all the transponders.

A question for Trevor 54 - where do you find the Satelites XML file to modify?

regards
    Pedigree

• Zitat

Andrewsm66 interesting as your method is how i have got around the problem. Once you lock an active transponder it will then scan all the transponders.

A question for Trevor 54 - where do you find the Satelites XML file to modify?

regards
    Pedigree

Yes, we have come to the same conclusion that you need a lock on a satellite before you can scan it. I'm not sure whether this affects every owner of the DM800 but it does make scanning quite inconvenient. I am still surprised not more people have reported this.

The satellite.xml file is in etc/tuxbox.

Cheers,
    Andy.