DM900 Transcoder Issue

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Hallo,

I cannot get RTSP Transcoding to work correctly on a DM900 running

Dreambox OS Version: 4.3.2r12-2020-05-12

Image Version: Release 2016-11-24

Frontprocessor Version: VNone

Webinterface Version: 1.8.0

1. Have edited bouquet playlist to give correct network URLs

2. Have set Data Source to TV Services

3. Have configured port forwarding and created a working DDNS address

Using VLC I can stream a selected channel correctly with differing bitrates/resolutions - I have 500Mb dl/72Mb ul.

The problem comes when I then try and select a different channel from my bouquet - I keep seeing the previous channel I streamed even though I use a different correct channel URL.

If I manually select that different channel and reboot the DM900 and then enter that transcoding URL - the stream works!

I've lost the ability to easily switch channels when transcoding - everything else on the DM900 works fine - live channel watching/recording etc.

I've spent quite some time trying to fix this but I now need some advice.

• Hallo again,

Maybe my question seemed a bit confusing - so let me explain a litte more.

Back in 2017 when I purchased my DM900 I was able to stream transcoded channels OK using a VLC playlist with URLs created with help from this post

Fernsehprogramm über das Internet allein mit der Dreambox streamen - Newnigma²
    Hallo, ich habe nirgends eine vernünftige Anleitung gefunden, die beschreibt wie man eine Senderliste erstellt, mit der man ruckelfrei über das Internet das…
    board.newnigma2.to

I could easily select any channel in the playlist and see the selected transcoded stream. The only issue was sometimes transcoding would stop completely and I would have to remotely reboot the DM900 to get it all working again. This issue was mentioned in the above post and was handled bby some clever scripting which I didn't bother with.

I have not used transcoding since then but have now tried it again.

But now I find that I cannot select channels in the VLC playlist like before. the DM900 seems to get stuck on the very first channel selected and no matter which other channel is selected in the playlist the DM900 keeps streaming that first channel even though VLC reports the name of the channel I selected.

I can finally stream a different channel from the VLC playlist but I have to first reboot and then manually select that channel for Live TV using WebRemote but even that does not work every time!

I note that the official DreamBox web sites have gone and there seems to be little support online apart from this forum.

There is a new OS called newnigma2 but I do not know if my DM900 is compatible or if transcoding is still available with that software.

I like my DM900, it works in all other respects live TV and recording - I would just like the transcoding function to work as before.

• Hallo Again,

I have fixed my issue.

It was my fault I had incorrectly edited the network URLs for transcoding - I left a leading forward slash in the example string shown below ...

... m.com:554/stream?ref=/1%3A ... INCORRECT

... m.com:554/stream?ref=1%3A ... CORRECT

It still allowed me to see a stream but with weird consequences as described - but all is well now.

And I still think the DM900 is a fantastic receiver - shane about what has happened to DreamBox Multimedia in Germany.