Beiträge von o_lucifer

Dear hib,

The CF card in not slave in 7025 model. It is recognized as External (CF) - master. So both, HDD and CF are master in different channels:

/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/.....HDD
    /dev/ide/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/.....CF

Hard Disk works fine .. util hdd goes in sleep mode. After that if you try to wake up (re-access) the drive, it doesn't spin-up. Maybe the kernel sents a wrong wake-up signal to drive.

As far as i remember, my old drive was working correcty till i upgrade my flash image to the new enigma format (these with boot and delta master directories, like Gemini 3). Since then, all problems started.

Lucifer

Hello,

I installed a new HDD as a replacement of my old 120GB who crashed. So from the store i originaly bought the drive, they gave me a new Seagate 320GB ST3320620A. The HDD is recognized by the dreambox 7025 correctly (reads-writes etc). The problems start when the HDD goes in suspend (sleep mode). When the box tries to wake-up HDD, the drive does not spin-up and then the OS crashes.
    I tried with a lot of compination to fix the problem. I tried with all master-slave - cable select settings... i tried with diferent images( gemini 3.2, oozoon, pli, lt 3rd etc) but with no luck.

I also tried to find some info at this forum... but i saw a lot o threads but only in german which i cannot understand.

Does anyone know domrthing useful to solve my problem? It will be highly appriciated specialy if it is in english.

Thank u in advance

Lucifer

P.S. I dont have any desktop PC to try the HDD, only laptop

Hello,

I installed a new HDD as a replacement of my old 120GB who crashed. So from the store i originaly bought the drive, they gave me a new Seagate 320GB ST3320620A. The HDD is recognized by the dreambox 7025 correctly (reads-writes etc). The problems start when the HDD goes in suspend (sleep mode). When the box tries to wake-up HDD, the drive does not spin-up and then the OS crashes.
    I tried with a lot of compination to fix the problem. I tried with all master-slave - cable select settings... i tried with diferent images( gemini 3.2, oozoon, pli, lt 3rd etc) but with no luck.

I also tried to find some info at this forum... but i saw a lot o threads but only in german which i cannot understand.

Does anyone know domrthing useful to solve my problem? It will be highly appriciated specialy if it is in english.

Thank u in advance

Lucifer :)

P.S. I dont have any desktop PC to try the HDD, only laptop :frowning_face:

hello,

Is it possible to play .avi's with subtitles?

usualy vlc if the avi has the same name with the srt file the it plays the video with subs.

I supose that sending the command "soverlay" with the other settings with the string to vls its solves the problem...

but i dont know how :wmbiggrin:

thanks

Lucifer

P.S. I do not speak german.. so if there is an answer please give it in english.. thank you again

Hahahahah... this was a really funny answer ... lol

Since i am a kitchen type too ... even a Greek one ... probably i near feature i ll help you to write a description or even a manual, based in a new recipe i 've seen on "tv gusto" (i think it is swiss channel not german) lol

lets get serious...

Dear gutemine ... even Greeks could help in development ... at the time thay understand what it is about. I do not say that i am capable to "write code" (many other non-german speaking persons also can) but we can give some advice .. ideas or else. Even stupid ones. You know, many times the solution reveals under stupidity and ignorance.

I hope i did not fatigue you, and i like to say for one more time(specially on behalf of Greeks) many thanks for your work.

I'll say again that a very small description (even of 2-3 lines) will be very helpful.

With friendly regards,

Lucifer :)

Dear Gutemine,

We appreciate your job, very very much, all times we, the non German speakers, understand what is this plugin what is it doing, how we install it and work it.

Therefor, i like to request you, if you be so kind, please ... give us some details in English.

This action, will raise you on the pantheon of worldwide dreambox developers, not only on the german one. Furthermore, you will gain the appreciation of all dreambox users.

All of the above sounds like all the bulls***t many people say to sound polite... i am polite and i say in plain words....

Please give us some help in english ... it will be much better for all of us :)

Kind regards

Lucifer

Does anybody knows how to use UPnP that comes with gemini2.20?
    what are the prerequisites? how to configure the pc and the dreambox?
    how to seemy .avi files?

Plz.. if u are so kind help me (us).
    we dont understand any german sorry :frowning_face:

Supposed this is an English section. How do you think that we, the stupid non-german speaking users, can folow these posts.

Do you believe that it is easy for us to read all the other german posts? Do you thing that it is not enough for us and we have to give more effort even on eglish post?

Very very useful trick ... but...

Is there any way to put subtitles in the .ts file? And if so, how we enable them on the box.

This sould be an extremely useful option for all of us at the time that vlc allows you to select subtitle file through wizard it sould also allow to add them through command line.

If someone knows something .. plz post

Regards

LUCIFER