Posts by osborne82

image works great here except emu seems to be freezing alot sound is ok but pic just stops quick channel hop up or down cures it but still annoying lol
    cccam and local card ecms are all fine just pic goes out, anything i can try ?

cheers

osborne82

hello all im wondering if gemini 3 supports FTPFS as im trying to mount a share without success
    is there a telnet command i could use to mount this, im running gemini 3 on a 500c

many thanks

osborne82

like i say i use the web interface to set my mount point
    when i click on add mount point i get
    (0 = NFS, 1 = CIFS, 2 = DEVICE, 3 = SMBFS

i just put 3 enter my ip of my nas and the password of my samba share on my nas drive then mount
    like u say i do sometimes get mulitple mount points but i just delet them and im ok

hope this helps

cheers
    osborne82

i have the nas drive next to my dreambox and its connected to my router and dreambox connected
    with a cross over cable to my router i sometimes use cifs but ive found that i get better recordings if i use samba with the nas drive, but i wouldnt have thought there would be alot of diference between samba and cifs ? although for some reason i cannot mount the nas drive through the onscreen display, i have to use the web interface to mount the samba share, but im happy with the setup now :) :)

cheers

osborne82

hi ive been reading this thread with much intrest, i have a 500c and have experianced some problems with cifs recording, and like most of you i await a reply from dream mulitmedia for a driver fix,

but in the mean time im currently using gemini 2.9 and i have a nas drive connected to it for my recordings and music. im useing this one which i bought a few months ago
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5-HDD-…ZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have tried recording many times and i gotta say the recordings are near perfict :) (although a slight break up for a split second when i start and stop recordings) but overall id say i get about a 98% to 99.9% recording so im a happy chappy :)
    and the best thing is i dont have to have my pc on 24 hours aday for me to use my nas drive and dreambox together :)

ive tried a few other gemini images with the nas drive and i find 2.9 to be the best one for recordings and playback

cheers

osborne82