Beiträge von robertp

I have written a number of (python) scripts for the dreambox.
    They are Python scripts, but they are not for the 7025, because they make use of the webif.

The scrips are:
    - hddwatch.py, automatic removal of old recordings (checking disk space)
    - updatetimers.py, automatic adding recordings
    - gmailwatch.py, gmail inbox notification
    (all capable of handling multiple db in a network)

These scrips are running on Windows and Linux as well.
    The problem is, to let other people make use of these scrips. a lot of things have to be done. Installing Python, xmltv, setup xmltv, configure the scrips etc. Also, adding a recording is done by editing a text file.

I am looking for people who are willing to work with me on developing a kind of super automation tool for the dreambox.
    As there anyone, who likes to write user interface and /or can make a setup program?
    I am also looking for people who are willing to help me with extending the scrips (by programming or by giving ideas)

Are you interested? email me at roberto.peters@gmail.com
    You can also email me if you are just interested in the scrips

Robert

Ok, I have checked the threads on sharing the harddisk, but had no luck so far.
    My situation:
    I have a db7020 with harddisk running PLi Flubber and
    I have a db500 running PLi Flubber
    (No additional services running. I can access my 7020 hdd in XP by \\dreambox\harddisk

No, I want to be able to record and view from the db500 on the db7020 harddisk.
    How can I do this?

Robert

I tried IE also and no success
    I pressed the OK on the remote (in Remote Control). Saw nothing (black)
    Then in control tools I did an OSD snapshot. Again nothing.
    So, I guess the remote buttons don't do anything.

any suggestions what I need to try?

Anyobody problems with the remote through the webif?
    When I browse to my dreambox and open "Remote Control", I get the new page with the remote control. Only, when I press a button, I see no OSD.
    Note, that my db was not in standby :winking_face:
    (Iam using firefox by the way)

any ideas?

For anyone who is interested...
    Since I have used your help a lot, I thought I might contribute some.
    I am working with Python the last week and while I was learning, I thought I might put it to use. So, I wrote some scripts that was usefull to me.
    I attached the files with a readme.txt. If you have any questions please mail me. Note, that I am still working on it.
    readme.txt:

Features:
    -automatic adding timers for repeating programs (say season tickets)
    -hdd movie watch (automatic remove oldest recordings)
    -gmail notifier (message on screen)
    -gmail reader (through rss feed plugin)
    -automatic timer editor (adding and removing programs) (pli only, ppanel)

Before you run the scripts:

-download xmltv and place it in the same dir as the scripts (see xmltv-0.5.44-win32 folder)
    -run xmltv config to select the channels you want
    -change 'channels.txt' for your selected channels
    -install Python
    -change const.py for your settings
    -list your programs you want to record in 'opnemen.txt'
    -run webserver.py
    -run recsched.py (tip: let it run every night)
    -put the 'Scheduler.xml' in '/etc/ppanels/' of your dreambox (pli only)
    -in 'tuxbox/config/rss/' add to 'feeds.xml':
    <feed>
    <name>[NL] MAIL: Gmail: New Mail</name>
    <url>http://<your server ip>/gmail.xml</url>
    </feed>

questions? mail to <see readme.txt>

Note: timer update through ppanel (pli only) is not working yet

PLi is the best image for me! Especially since I am Dutch and the PLi is targeting the Dutch like the RSS feeds and the default settings like in gSUB.

PLi team has addons like perl and php. My question now is: Will there be a python addon? enigma2 "leans heaviliy" (english?) on python
    I have some python scrips for the db running on my windows machine, but I would like to run them on my db 7020 running PLi emerald

Robert

my goodness!
    Thank you mordillo for your quick and precise reply. I guess I was too naive thinking the db kernel was just a kernel like debian or whatever and you can just do an install package.
    Anyway, I asume you need a linux machine to use bitbake. (you will say: You have one! the db!)

I just checked the bitbake site. So, the db kernel is a gentoo kernel?

I guess I have to wait for the enigma2 on the 7020 then.

Now another thing pops up in my mind. Why hasn't any image developer/maintainer (like PLi) done this? Why isn't there a python addon in Pli like there is a perl addon?

Mordillo, thanks again for you help

I have created several python scripts for the db.
    - automatic adding recordings (timers) using xmltv
    - hdd watch to limit the /hdd/movie space (first in first out)
    - gmail watch (message on screen if new message is available and rss feed to see the mail.

anyway, I have running these scripts on a seperate (windows) machine. But since it is python, I also can run this on the db.
    Can anyone tell me how to get python running on my db 7020 with hdd?
    next to that I need xmltv and some extra libs for python.
    As you can tell by these questions, I am not an experienced linux user.

Robert

Hello,

Now that I have written a Python script that enables automatic scheduling of recording (say season tickets), I am writing a script that deletes oldest recording till a certain amount of free space is available.

I want to use the webif deleteMovie cgi command for this.
    When I do de getServices I get something like this:
    >>>> begin result >>>>>
    1:0:1:fa7:451:35:c00000:0:0:0:/hdd/movie/Film1_2-02_07_2006-12_00-Blue_Hill_Avenue.ts;Blue Hill Avenue;192
    1:0:1:139c:455:35:c00000:0:0:0:/hdd/movie/Veronica_JETIX-02_07_2006-20_29-Fair_game.ts;Fair game;192
    1:0:1:1392:455:35:c00000:0:0:0:/hdd/movie/Nick_Talpa-13_07_2006-19_59-Talpa_Ongelofelijk_maar_waar.ts;Talpa/Ongelofelijk maar waar;192
    1:0:1:138d:455:35:c00000:0:0:0:/hdd/movie/SBS6-13_07_2006-21_29-De_smaakpolitie.ts;De smaakpolitie;192
    <<<<< end result <<<<<
    Now, my question is: Wat should the ref parameter be in deleteMovie call?

Any ideas?
    Robert

Ok, I got it.
    In Python when you substract datetime from datetime you get timedelta.
    One property of timedelta is seconds. I thought I just have to use that one, but it seems that I have to do: timedelta.days*24*60*60 + timedelta.seconds

Thanks Dr.Best for you help.

Robert

Thanks Dr.Best

I did try to do this in Python, but somehow I am getting different results than the webIf EPG start value.
    Anyway, thanks. I will try to finish this tomorrow (since I am doing this as part of my work)

I will let you know the results

Robert

Hello,

I am writing an application for the dreambox, so I can automate recordings (say season tickets)
    Now, I did all the xmltv parsing and so on, but now I need to add a recording to the timer.epl. I want to use the dreambox webif to do this.

I run into the problem of one of the parameters of the addTimerEvent cgi.
    How is "start" coded? it looks something like "1152719400"
    Can anyone tell me how I can get from year, month..etc to this time code?

Robert

Hello,
    I have downloaded the PLi Diamond and flashed it on my 7020.
    When I check the version, I see that the Front Processor version is 1.01 instead of the mentioned 1.06
    Does anyone know what the problem is or can be?
    When I flash an nfi file, does this also update the front processor software?

Robert

Hi,

Somehow the layout of the OSD has changed. I always had 1 column for channel overview (arrow up or down), but now I have three columns.
    I would like that to change back to one column, but I don't know how.

I don't know if this is image specific, but I use the PLi Diamond.

Can anyone tell me how I can change the number of columns within the OSD listview?

Robert

Robert,

Yes, well, lets keep this in English. You never know who else is reading this :winking_face:

So now I know what configuration you have. I will look further for a solution concerning the keys during playback. As soon as I have found it, I will post the solution here. Hopefully others will do that too!

Speaking about others...anyone else have a solution?

Robert

Robert, It seems that you are using a complete different plugin.
    I use the movieplayer v0.90 plugin. I haven't seen a vlc plugin (with the name vlc I mean)

Do you know if there is any relationship between these plugins? Are they completely different or is it just a name change.

Robert

(I see that you are from The Netherlands. So am I by the way)