Beiträge von vakerui

I tried the following CF:
    (my) DIKOM 2GB problems
    (my) DIKOM 1GB problems
    (friend's) SANDISK 1GB OK

So, it's probably an issue with DIKOM.
    Maybe other people could report CF not/working with BA.

I don't speak german (but googietrans sometimes helps) so sorry for any misunderstanding in advance.

It seems that I have the same problem with BA described in this thread.
    I tried with Oozoon(both full/lean) or Gemini 3.8 in flash and Gemini 3.8 in a 2 GB Dikom Extrem 120x CF.
    When I boot from Gemini from CF Enigma2 (or a shell) hangs for a minute.

With a simple script like this:
    while true
    do
    date
    ls -ld /media/hdd >/dev/null
    done
    it happens every 5 seconds
    I was not a regular BA user because I had the same problem in the past and I thought it was related to mixing the FLASH kernel with different system libs installed on CF.
    This time I tried to investigate (because I would like to test more images).
    I thought there was a problem with CF card file system so with an external cf reader
    I removed ext3 partition and re-made it from scratch, checking for bad blocks.
    No bad blocks.

Then I notice in dmesg:
    ide: failed opcode was: unknown
    ide1: reset: success
    hdc: lost interrupt
    hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
    It is strange because I don't have a device corresponding to hdc unit

IHAD suche button brings me here looking for inspiration.

I will try with a different CF card.

Zitat

Originally posted by YannisA

Do you mean to install the bundle by putting it in the /tmp directory and then by "manual install"?

Ehm, you need to manually unpack the bundle and install all packages:
    cd /tmp
    tar -zxf flac-bundle.tar.gz
    ipkg install *.ipk

Zitat

Originally posted by YannisA
    Hello to all.
    I'm also very interested to stream my flac files to the box. Pls see my question Streaming FLAC from PC to Dreambox
    Did you finally maged to do it? and how? any other workarounds?
    thanks

That was a favour for a friend of mine who own a DM7025 like me. He is encoding his huge CD collection in FLAC and ask me to add FLAC decoding capability.
    He is happy renaming file from .flac to .ogg.
    Did you try my flac plugin bundle ?

Yes. I mean flac : free lossless audio codec
    Thanks Steckel. I already tried to modify /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Scanner.py
    and added mimetype but *flac files are not listed.
    If you want to try with ipackages attached:
    cd /tmp
    tar -zxf flac-bundle.tar.gz
    ipkg install *.ipk

Test library

Code
    root@dm7025:/> gst-inspect|grep flac
    flac:  flacdec: FLAC audio decoder
    flac:  flacenc: FLAC audio encoder
    typefindfunctions: audio/x-flac: flac
    typefindfunctions: application/x-id3v1: mp3, mp2, mp1, mpga, ogg, flac, tta
    typefindfunctions: application/x-id3v2: mp3, mp2, mp1, mpga, ogg, flac, tta

Enigma python changes (but that are not enough):

Is anybody interested in playing FLAC file with DM7025?
    I succeed in doing it after compiling all needed packages.
    libflac7_1.1.2-r4_mipsel.ipk
    flac_1.1.2-r4_mipsel.ipk
    liboggflac3_1.1.2-r4_mipsel.ipk
    gstreamer_0.10.14-r0_mipsel.ipk (rebuild)
    gst-plugins-good_0.10.6-r0_mipsel.ipk (rebuild)
    gst-plugin-flac_0.10.6-r0_mipsel.ipk

..but I have a little problem because *.flac files are not listed in MediaPlayer
    After simply renaming .flac to .ogg I can play them.
    I tried to edit /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/FileList.py and
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer/plugin.py
    to get them listed but it's not enough. Where to?

Hello
    sorry if I misunderstood, but I dont speak german...
    If you have problem with Streamripper lasting only 10-15 minutes that's caused by a temporary buffer file created in /tmp.
    /tmp in dm7025 is mounted on tmpfs in other words it can grow until virtual memory is available.
    A workaround (not mine) consist of editing /etc/fstab and using an hdd subdir for /tmp:

mkdir /media/hdd/tmp
    Edit /etc/fstab, comment out and add a line like this:
    #tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    /media/hdd/tmp /tmp none bind 0 0

Reboot to apply changes.
    Be carefull: /etc/fstab is a system file, check it's content three time before saving.

Zitat

Originally posted by mrlee666
    The box' linux would crash due to low memory when streaming to /tmp which per Gemini default is tmpfs.

That was ...ahem..implicit in my post.

Good idea! This will fix it, at least for me and for anybody with an hdd/pendrive installed = everybody :winking_face:
    Probably you should add a
    chmod 1777 /media/hdd/tmp

Important: "/media/hdd/tmp /tmp none bind 0 0"
    should be appended after hdd mount.
    My fstab is:

Code
    rootfs               /                    auto       defaults              1 1
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
    usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      defaults              0 0
    /dev/mtdblock/2      /boot                jffs2      ro                    0 0
    tmpfs                /var                 tmpfs      defaults              0 0
    #tmpfs                /tmp                 tmpfs      defaults              0 0
    /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /media/hdd auto defaults            0 0
    /dev/ide/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /media/cf auto  defaults            0 0
    /media/hdd/tmp		/tmp 		none bind 		0 0
    Zitat

Originally posted by saa85
    I also tried dreamnetcast without success. It shows as if would play radio station but no sound:(. Has anyone solved the problem? I have Dreambox 7025 with Gemini 2.3

I didn't test on all stations (too many :winking_face: but some work some not.

Another problem I found:
    When streaming starts (through a 'wget -O' ) /tmp/.netcast.mp3 grow and grow until /tmp reach its limit (mounted on tmpfs).
    In my DM7025:
    tmpfs 35.7M 20.0k 35.7M 0% /tmp
    It depends on internet radio bitrate but after about half an hour enigma crashes.
    I don't have sources of /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Bp/extra_netcast.pyc so I can't patch or debug.
    I tried linking /tmp/.netcast.mp3 to a file on HDD but it is recreated when everytime you tune on a station.

Possible solutions for developers of Dreamnetcast plugin:
    -add a new parameter in /etc/Gemini.conf like str=tmpnetcast=/media/hdd/
    or better
    -create /tmp/.netcast.mp3 as a named pipe node instead of regular file

It happens again and my wife wanted to kill me :confused_face:

We were watching a movie with timeshift function (about 15 minutes in the "past").
    After about an hour I push a couple of times the '6' remote key to skip sommercials and the MPEG video stream got corrupted but still visible and "understandble".
    I try to describe it:
    - strong (70-80%) GREEN component
    - box/squares (MPEG2 artifacts) on a regular grid like a mosaic
    Audio was ok.
    I wait some minutes (praying...because my wife started to tighten my neck)
    I tried 4-5 times to fast backward (with left key) and watch from the begin but on the last try it suddenly switched out from timeshift (without asking me!!!!!shit!) to the previous channel (live and fixed).

I installed the MoviePlugin to save timeshift, now. Next time I will have a chance to not lose a movie (and survive to my wife ;).

It happened two or three times (once when I was watching a moving during recording) with Gemini 1.80 and now with 1.90.
    Anybody else had the similar problems ?

Zitat

Originally posted by viko
    Hi, I have a problem after I record a film on by 7025. When I try to download the film to my computer if the file is greater than 2GB it displays an error. Up to 1.9GB no problem. I'm using an FTP software to download. Any suggestions? thank you in anticipation, Viko.

Hello,
    it's a well known limit of FAT type partition on your PC. On windows XP you can use "convert" from a "DOS command prompt" and migrate to NTFS file system (conversion will be applied on next restart) : CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS
    A generic partition/disk utility like PartitionMagic or similar will do the same.
    REMEMBER to backup your HDD BEFORE doing this kind of system maintenance.
    If I remember well, there is a Dreambox option to split files automatically during recording...but I am some Km away from a DB remote control to confirm it :winking_face:

I agree with Ior. A forum shouldn't be a place where you asks something and someone else (expert) write an answer for your eyes only. IRC or e-mail would be better for this :winking_face:
    I mean, many people read all posts even if they don't have problems, just to learn something more about Da Box.

For example my Firefox Google Translate plugin was set on German-English as soon as I bought a Dreambox :)
    But browsing IHAD I found a lot of interesting stuff on modding, plugins or dreambox internals that are really hard to understand/not-laugh-on-it (if you've never used Google translation you don't know what I mean :-}.

All members should post in English with some threads for German people (beginners) or this forum must rename to "www.ich-habe-einen-traumkasten.com".