Beiträge von losbarracudos@centrum.cz

Hi all,

rcdm5xxx.xml is a remote-controller key-assignment mod that is literally a must for DM500s with tiny remote as it enhances INFO/MUTE keys with extra functionality (recorder and language/subs menus).

Users with installed custom rcdm5xxx.xml (\var\tuxbox\config\enigma\resources\rcdm5xxx.xml) will experience DM to hard freeze (!!!) during boot up sequence and they're subjected to several rescue options:

a) flash-erase
    b) reflash box to older GP (<=4.3.1 works) and stick with it
    c) prior flashing 4.4.0 remove rcdm5xxx.xml, then upgrade to 4.4.0
    d) prior flashing 4.4.0 modify rcdm5xxx.xml, then upgrade to 4.4.0 (*)

* - There's a specific line in rcdm5xxx.xml that seems to be fatal for GP440. It is like this:

Code
    "<action name="pluginExt2" key="yellow" flags="m" />"

You must remove it, just keep on mind that yellow button will stop functioning after applying such change.

Take care :em_czech:

Thanks for update :)

However, there's a weird problem happening on my DM500. During boot sequence a message appears and box stops responding. Message on screen: "Fatal Error but NOT pluginExt2". That's something i haven't experienced since my first meet with Gemini 2.1 years ago. Now I am puzzled :loudly_crying_face: I prefer not to perform flasherase, but if there's an indication it would solve the problem I will go that route.

FYI: Downflashing to 4.3.1 runs just fine and brings the box back to life.