I had problems getting enigmalight to work with et8000 and openatv 4.2. Whenever I installed enigmalight the box would not start up again and hang at the xtrend logo.
The good news is: I finally got it working. Here is what I dd:
1. updated openpli software to latest version (Einstellungen->software Management->Software Aktualisieren)
2. logged onto the box per telnet
3. I knew enigmalight depends on libusb, cdc-acm, ftdi-sio, usbserial modules.
So I checked those: opkg list-installed | grep libusb
libusb was already installed
4. I had to add kernel-module-cdc-acm: opkg install kernel-module-cdc-acm
5. I verified the kernel module: modprobe cdc-acm
6. and checked: modinfo cdc-acm
all looked ok.
7. I rebooted the box through the menu
8. box came up OK and I first did a manual backup
9. now logged in through telnet again, went to my directory I uploaded the ipk file to and installed enigmalight: opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-enigmalight_0.1r5-b10_all.ipk
10. copied my old boblight.conf file: cp boblight.conf /etc/enigmalight.conf
11. rebooted the box once more
12. it came up, so I did another backup
13. enigmalight could be activated and lights came on by going to: Erweiterungen->Enigmalight
and then pressing the green button for "Lights on"
Now I am happy
Now it would be nice to have one button to activate/deactivate the lights without going to the plugins menu. and it would be nice to be able to change the configuration easily until we have the auto-black-bar-detection