Posts by Hejira

You will have to tell me exactly what I need to do for subtitles I've never used them.

I don't know if it has anything to do with skin_user.xml in /etc that has some ref's to subtitles, but I don't have that in my image infact I have only installed the default skin so I have a clean base.

Originally posted by pcd

When can we try out your image ?

I didn't think anyone would be interested, after all it's really your image :)

I will gladly make my image available if you want it. I haven't tried it in flash as yet and I want to add in some things that I commented out to get the build, I'm just working on the EPGImport at the mo taking into consideration the problems noted in the v7 thread.

Did you see my comments re 4:3 letterbox, It was how my TV reacted on first boot of new image that makes me think this.

Regarding the 4:3 Letterbox issue in a previous thread, it might sound stupid but I think the problem is related to the black bars , they should be left n right not top n bottom.

I hope that makes sense, I think I saw the code while building but can't remember where.

I don't want to get to carried away but :hurra: I think I have a working base image :)

I obviously need to do some testing but I'm well chuffed.

I know I keep saying this but Many Many Many Thanks for all files, info n help, I feel my understanding has taken a massive leap forward.

So what next?

Just a quick update, I've not stopped tinkering, I have some real work to deal with n my head needed to digest what I've done so far.

I'm much more confident with what's going on n what's required to sort my little issues, I've wriiten up some rough notes which has helped and I will be applying my changes n testing my assumptions a little later.

Will report back.

Many Thanks again

Hej

I'm so close it hurts, I'm sure it's skin related i found a few ref's hanging around to v7 skins.

extra setup menu items, dman works fine, mostly seems like it's all running ok i'm just missing addons n tools sub menus, i've had to give my eyes a rest, I'm going round in circles, can't for the life of me see what the file differences are between v7 n my build that would cause the sub menu prob.

Once sub menus showing is sorted I think i'll be ready for a proper test.

many thanks i'm about to take a look,

I followed through n created a trimmed set of files from those you previously gave me n cleaned up what I thought was needed, rechecked permissions I now have an image with IR n clean country logo's :hurra:

Things still not quite right, IR Keymap still not right, default dreambox skin looks sharp :) but main menu not switching from icon to list, no extra setup menu. They do seem to be getting better though.

I'm still not 100% on when -cclean is required

Cheers

Hej

seriously no rush only if you have time, but that would be great :)

I have started to go through the files myself with a view to putting only files I'm using in a seperate folder n create my own imports folder. is folder structure important other than ref's in df2?

Edit: There are some references to the remote control in the diff patch.

Yes remote worked with first e2 cvs build and works with v7

I think I missed the permission on tuxtbox-links so I'm just rebuilding

Edit: No that didn't work, I'll look at log n check over what I did. The default skin still don't look right n images like BA plugin logo are corrupt not displayed properly.

The image boots but I have no IR remote control :( I do have webif control :) It's basically working, I will try to clean things up as I better undertsand what's going on, I have looked at skins and I want to try a 1024x576 which should look crisper 16:9, so I think I understand what's going on :)

Do I need to check permissions in imports folder?

As I've said before I really appreciate the help, and don't hesitate to tell me fcuk off at any point, I understand theres only so much time.

I think I may be missing some things that are referenced, i've commented out n just got a build here is a quick missing.

I will do my best to keep development alive but i will need some serious pointing in the right direction, I do feel I'm getting there and did want to set myself a goal or two, but let me get a clean build first :)

Again Cheers,

Hej

Files

• missing.txt

(886 Byte, downloaded 5 times, last: )

Shite :einschenken:

I feel like I'm cheating n jumping to the end :) but v7 is a great image.

I would really like to know a summary of the changes and why they were required to get a better understanding of whats going on in the image, like with the dvb-modules date, I know newer isn't always better. but the kid in me is saying why? Was I wrong or did they not work?

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, I'm very much not, I just want to learn a bit more.

Thanks Again.

Maybe I got a bit confused with your files, there was no dreambox-df2.bb only dreambox-dvb-modules.bb so i renamed it to df2 n kept my modules.bb the image built I still have n will test but it looked like it had the same incorrect display.

I noticed my modules.bb date was newer than yours for 600 n thought I would be brave n have a test if my change would work n build more than anything. Just testing I understand what will happen when I make changes!

So should dreambox-df2 n modules.bb be the same file as technically I have not yet done this!

skin in dreambox-image

i also renamed dvb-modules in tar to df2 which I take was right?

I've been brave n also changed in df2 to this:
    PV_dm600pvr = "${KV}-20090430"

this was date in my dvb-modules, compiled ok n this is the e.log from that image in BA

Files

• e.log.txt

(4.86 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )