Beiträge von cygol

i did this job before successfully

1- use a same user and pass on the dm-500 and in the windows Xp SP2 , i.e : root & dreambox (its very important)
    2- i use this software in the windows : Services for Unix for Microsoft 3.5 .... and you?
    3- i could install gemini on the NFS but didn't it load on the boot and most others images didn't have any problem and they installed and load successfully(nemesis , nablio. pli ....)

drear friend its very easy in dreambox500 sbut i dont know about 500+ you can test this way:

[SIZE=7]change "help" button to "video" button : [/SIZE]

for dreambox-500s and gemini and nablio and other images( i test it in these images) ( for Nemesis we have another way very easy that i will explain it too)

Open file "/share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdm5xxx.xml"
    We are going to change Help button to be Video button.
    (copy this file on the pc hard with dcc and edit it with notepad2 or with dcc)

Original version
    <key name="video" code="27" picture="key.11" />
    <key name="help" code="52" picture="key.23" />

Change it to be like this
    <key name="video" code="52" picture="key.11" />
    <key name="help" code="27" picture="key.23" />

Save this file in here
    /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/ (NOT WHERE IT WAS ORIGINALLY, you have to copy the edited file to differ directory)
    Restart Dreambox or engima

in EDG-Nemesis version 4&4.2 dm-500S:
    blue button on remote--->Setting(yellow button) ---->and make a tick in next to "Enable PVR Mode"
    and then restart Engima :

change "help" to "video" button easy

after that if you made a cifs or nfs mount before you can start record with "radio" button and stop it with "tv" button on thr Remote in easy

and i have to say with this way you will have a high quality record in dreambox-500 and not need to any others plugins or software in the dream or pc

telent commands

for unmount:

umount /hdd
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1

for mount again:
    if you don't have /hdd/movie directory you have to create it :

mkdir /hdd/movie

and then :

mount /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd
    mkdir /hdd/movie

thanks behnam

i'd like to ask a question of Moderators :

i have a dm-500 and i cant overwrite the md_khmurabi_10.ttf file in this directory:
    /share/fonts

why?

i think this file is a read-only file in dreambox 500 and we cant edit it.

Zitat

Originally posted by gutemine
    put gemini in Flash also and it should work also to boot from share :)

thanks for reply

i installed gemini in flash and i didn't have any problems and everything was OK.

but my problem is install and boot gemini when i install it in multiboot on my share harddisk . (i don't have any problem with another images)

i hope this problem will solve in next versions of gemini.

first,...i'm sorry for my english and i hope you understand my problem.

i have a dm-500 and i can install many images on my pc harddisk with flashwizard because i shared dreambox 500 with my pc harddisk in way nfs.

i installed multiboot many images on pc harddisk in my dm-500 example:
    EDG-nemesis , nablio , pli , colosseum ,.........
    and alls these images are boot and work fine and are OK.

but i when try install gemeni (every versions) on my pc nfs harddisk with flashwizard ,its install fine but it cant boot and not work , unfortunately.

i think gemeni image for dm-500 cant install for multiboot on nfs hard drive same other images .

who can explain about it or another help me ?

i hope gemeni team resolve this problem in future versions for dm-500.

I made multiboot Dm-500 succfully.
    and install 6 images on NFS drive (on my PC harddisk)and they all boot well and are OK .
    you must use User and Pass for your Dreambox and windows same (it's very important that you have a good Multiboot on DM_500) , for example:
    root
    dreambox