Change board to use english as a main language

• Hi

Since Gemini is one of the most used image for Dreambox, and it's a dam good image, this forum should swap to English.

All post on the forum should be written in English, except local language section.

As it is today, lots of the posts are written in English in the German section.

Even the header of post and title of this forum is in English.
    .com tells me that it's not a German site (.de)

This would mage Gemini even bigger.

Thanks for a good forum from a norwegian...

VU+ Duo - Dream Elite Black Hole v1.33F
    30W + T90 8W-5W-4W-0.8W-4.8E-7E-9E-10E-13E-15.8E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E-33E - EMP-Centauri S16

• I struggle with the language on here also, but I see that as my fault for not understanding German!

I could always try to learn it - think I'm a bit old for that though!

• and what about the thousands of user who can't read or write english?

sorry, but the board is startet as a german project, and the most user's are german or german speaking, and therefor the main language will remain german.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Kerni
    and what about the thousands of user who can't read or write english?

sorry, but the board is startet as a german project, and the most user's are german or german speaking, and therefor the main language will remain german.

I fully agree. I am very grateful that posts written in English are also allowed. For those who are too old to learn another language sufficiently (like me) it is not an impossible task to use online translation to get the gist of German texts. Break the sentences into smaller sections (phrases) - then it is easier to understand. :)

Cheers, pcd.

• hi

how about learning german ? we have to learn english too ...

or we change to Chinese +-1200 millions speaks it .

and yes , i can read and speak english

greetz

ZITAT : oft ist es so man schaltet um und die ersten fünf minuten sind ganz o.k. blötzlich stellt man fest es ist ein horrorfilm :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• I think it works well the way it is and everbody knows... never change a running system :)

There is no need to change anything, since there exists the English corner, which should be enough.

Maybe I just think that way, because I can speak German :)

• Hi,
    I think it should stay like it is right now.
    English speaking members are always supported in
    this forum and I hope that german and non german speaking
    members will benefit from this Gemini Forum site.

• I know that this project did start as a German one, but it has grown quite large, and way out of German boarder.

Half the word written in this site are already in English, since most computer expression are in English..

Just look how they do it in Nabilosat. They did not start in an English country.

I do know some Germann and google help me some, so I can manange.

And when me or other do ask in English, we all get good answer, thanks...

VU+ Duo - Dream Elite Black Hole v1.33F
    30W + T90 8W-5W-4W-0.8W-4.8E-7E-9E-10E-13E-15.8E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E-33E - EMP-Centauri S16

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jotne ()

• Nabilo is the worst example you could have chosen. I like the image, but the forum is (in my personal opinion) full of junk and it is very hard to get support when needed. The big variety of different language sections makes it really hard to use ...

I am quite sure: if you have a question that was maybe already answered in german and you cannot understand ... just ask in the english section and you will get help or a translation.

m@nin@trix

m@nin@trix
    600,7020: Merlin - 500HD,8000: Merlin Excalibur OE1.6