full sat scan misses many transponders

• hi,

I dont know if this happens to me only, when I do a manual scan of one full satellite, in many cases the dm800 will start showing channels but then i gets to a transponder that he dont like and no more channels are added for the rest of transponders.

does this happen to you?

• Maybe you have the problem i had.

Dm800 tuner is more sensitive and i had to buy a bigger plate to capture more signal, below 12db its not sure that you can scan all channels.

Try to tune the LNB or bigger plate. I had the same problem and i worked it out with this.

Hope it helps

• but that would not explain why it stops finding channels from a certain TP all the way to the end.

• If they are DVB S2 channels bouquet maybe thats the problem.
    DVBS2 channels are more sensitive, i had the same problem and i resolve it like i said.

Check how many DBs you have now on that satelite

• same problem here.
    It stops on some transponder for some sat (26E, 25.5E,21.6E,10E,1W..)
    but 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E & 30W have no problem. Perhaps why not so many people are concerned.

I recently change my satellites.xml file and was able to scan 25.5E, that I can"t do before. I have to retest other sat, but I guess this has something to do with this files, either some corrupted tags, or juste seom trasnponder info the DM800 do not support.

I am going to try removing transponder line where the scan hang and check if it helps.

• Effectively, erasing some lines from the satelittes.xml solves the problem.
    Everytime the scan freeze on a transponder, I edit the file, remove the line, restart enigma2 and scan again.
    Very boring.
    Seems there is a bug somewhere : Enigma2 or Gemini ? I did not try other images than Gemini so I can't compare.

Perhaps an idea is to add some sort of timeout to go to thez next transponder after X sec if no service found.. Don't know, but boring and worst when you get a new updated satellites.xml and that you have to redo everything..

Some non-working :
    <sat name="Intelsat 10-02/Thor 2/3/5 (0.8W Ku-band)" flags="1" position="-8">
    <transponder frequency="10987000" symbol_rate="5632000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>

<sat name="Badr 3/4/C (26.0E Ku-band)" flags="1" position="260">
    <transponder frequency="11752000" symbol_rate="3885000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="0" modulation="1"/>

Tel me if you need other for testing, I have plenty :-)

• @Developers,

For when a new fix for tunner with correct db on SNR?

Here I have same problems, taking me to scan manually each DVB-S2 transponder, and not being able to scan an entire sat.

Satelite Regards,

Gotcha_GT

Dreambox DM 800 HD PVR & DM8000 HD PVR DVD Slot-In & Fritz!box 7270