E2_LOADEPG ver. 0.40 (modular version: SkyItalia + BSkyB)

• How do you manage it to fill sd(sky1) and hd(sky1) at the same time?

• i dont. why should i use sd channels, if the hd channel has the same content?

• It doesn't seem to work for hd/sd at the same time, so you have to decide which one.

Normally you simply chose the HD option, but there are channels with different content for sd and hd, for example FX, Discovery, History, National Geographic.

500HD (C) | SKY komplett | netcologne | unitymedia allstars
    twitter.com/marco79

• yesterday i had to reinstall Gemini, and so i also had to reinstall this plugin. After i edited the enigma2.sh i restartet Enigma, and then my box didn't boot anymore. Even the Images installed on my stick didn't boot anymore. So i had to reflash Gemini again.

Any suggestions?

• ambrosa:
    First - THANK YOU so much for this great tool. It is sooo good to finally have EPG for the Sky UK channels on my DM 800. 8)

I first had a few problems, because loadepg didn't find the channels in my lamedb, even they were there. Then I tried to add the bouquet bskyb after every entry and then it worked perfect (example: 122=1,bravo,bskyb).

BUT:
    If you want to make it even better, you could add the option to asign the RadioTimes data to more than one channel name in lamedb. This way one could give the SD and HD channels both the appropriate data.

Why is this useful:
    I have an HDTV Bouquet in my DM 800, with all the HD channels in it I can get. In the normal Sky UK/ROI Bouquet, there are ALL the SD channels in a special order ... even the ones that have an HD sibling and are also listed in the HDTV Bouquet.

I don't think this features is very difficult to add, is it?

What is definately lacking is Radio Times data for all the non simulcast HD channels. The only channel they have listings for is BBC HD (and Channel 4 HD, but this is a simulcast one).

But of course this is due to Radio Times and has nothing to do with the great plugin.

An overview over the Sky HD channels and whether they are simulcast channels (with lots of things only upscaled) or a full time HD channel:

BBC HD - Full Time HD (Supported)
    Channel 4 HD - Simulcast HD (Supported)
    Sky 1 HD - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky 1)
    FX HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)
    Sky Movies Premiere HD - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies Premiere)
    Sky Screen 1 HD - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Screen 1)
    Sky Screen 2 HD - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Screen 2)
    Discovery HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)
    National Geographic HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)
    History HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)
    Sky Sports HD 1 - Simulcast (Supported through Sky Sports 1)
    Sky Sports HD 2 - Simulcast (Supported through Sky Sports 2)
    Sky Sports HD 3 - Simulcast (Supported through Sky Sports 3)
    Eurosport HD - Part Time HD (NOT supported)
    Rush HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)
    Sky Arts HD - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Arts)*

* soon it will be Full Time HD, because there will be Sky Arts 1 and Sky Arts 2 (SD). Then it is NOT supported.

Soon:

Sky Movies Action/Thriller - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies Action)
    Sky Movies Family - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies Family)
    Sky Movies SciFi/Horror - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies SciFi/Horror)
    Sky Movies Drama - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies Drama)
    Sky Movies Modern Greats - Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Movies Modern Greats)
    Sky Real Lives - PROBABLY Simulcast HD (Supported through Sky Real Lives)
    MTVN HD - Full Time HD (NOT supported)

Greets
    Zodac

Original von SrbastianM
    yesterday i had to reinstall Gemini, and so i also had to reinstall this plugin. After i edited the enigma2.sh i restartet Enigma, and then my box didn't boot anymore. Even the Images installed on my stick didn't boot anymore. So i had to reflash Gemini again.

Any suggestions?

You have to make sure to use ASCII file encoding and unix linebreaks! UTF8 doesn't work! Use the app Notepad++! You may even change it afterwards because there's already FTP access when the box is stuck at booting!

twitter.com/marco79

• I made a backup of the enigma2.sh before and uploaded it via ftp back to the box, when it was stuck. But it did not help.

I always edit the files with windows editor. And before i reflashed gemini last week, it worked with this method.

After i edit the enigma2.sh, do i have to run the script first and reboot then?

Cause i rebooted immediately, maybe it was the problem that there was no extended epg file to copy?

• Another possibility to edit the files is the linux editor "vi".

It's a bit complicated, but if you use that one - it will always work.

Greets
    Zodac

• It's definetly the editor (as it was in my case)!

Make sure to use Notepad++ (use google), set the file encoding to unix and ASCII and make sure the file is executable (CHMOD 755). Works 100%!

twitter.com/marco79

• ok, i downloaded this tool.. but i cant choose ascii... only ansi?

strange tool....

• Use ANSI!

twitter.com/marco79

• Wenn das tool mal serienreif ist, ist es ein MUST HAVE für das BP im Gemini. SKY UK EPG wäre schön was feines...

• Now is disponible the last version 043b, install before 043 after to copy the file 043 to 043a
    in directory installation e2_loadepg and unpack it with tar xvzf comand, after again the same with
    file 043a to 043b, it is possible also to start the download the night with cron, /media/cf or usb/e2_loadepg/e2_loadepg.py

http://www.ambrosa.it/e2_loadepg/

thank Ambrosa

ciauz

• Teconderoga:

THANKS a lot ...

Could you also make it possible to assign one data-channel to more than one actual channel?

For example: Sky1 --> Sky1 AND Sky1 HD?

That would be AMAZING !!!

Greets
    Zodac

• hi
    bevor ich std. lang rumprobiere , hat es wer unter gem3.8 mit dem update vom 03.10 am laufen ? ich bekomm zaw die ext. epg datei aber er zeigt nur now/next an .

unter 3.7 lief es super

greetz

ZITAT : oft ist es so man schaltet um und die ersten fünf minuten sind ganz o.k. blötzlich stellt man fest es ist ein horrorfilm :rolleyes:

• Does this have to be install on a HDD or CF? Can you install it to USB??

• ok i installed the e2_loadepg & edited the files for BSKYB

did the command

python e2_loadepg.py in putty

it then starts to download aload of channel information and SID stuff.

But its seems that this just goes aroudn in circles is it ever meant to complete?

When i went to the DB and restarted GUI i then pushed INFO button and yellow for single EPG but it shows nothing ??!?!?

What i'm i doing wrong??

ok i got that fixed i had to leave it for AGES for it to download everything and create a .dat file!!!

my next problem is i cant see anything when i hit yellow button and single EPG its as if the data is not being display or read just the normal EPG is there?????

Original von tomcoleman
    ok i installed the e2_loadepg & edited the files for BSKYB
    my next problem is i cant see anything when i hit yellow button and single EPG its as if the data is not being display or read just the normal EPG is there?????

Did you read the complete INSTALL.TXT?
    You have to edit /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and insert the command to copy the
    generated ext.epg.dat upon the saved epg.dat.
    Why in enigma2.sh? Because enigma2 reads the epg.dat at start and then
    DELETES the file. So the contents is available in RAM only. When enigma2
    is shutdown regularly, it saves the epg.dat to /media/hdd/ (if hdd installed).
    Due to this, the ext.epg.dat has to be copied BEFORE enigma2 starts.

Without the one-liner mentioned in INSTALL.TXT, the epg.dat will never
    get updated with the generated ext.epg.dat and one will see exactly what
    you described -> nothing.

These are my own experiences. Take them without any guarantee.

Regards

Bitte keine unaufgeforderten PNs schicken, sondern im Forum fragen. Ich schaue NIE ohne Auffordung in meine PN-Box.