[v0.96] Enhanced MovieList with VLC stream support (11 available languages)

• Zitat

Originally posted by suomipoeka
    Nobody has commented anything about the bookmark feature. Is anyone using it? :)

I like it a lot. Makes it much easier to get to frequently used points in a large directory tree without having to create a bunch of symlinks in the home dir.

In fact, I use it so much that I'd like to request a button to access the list of bookmarks directly, rather than going through the menu each time.

One solution I wouldn't mind would be for Move and Bookmarks to swap places, with Move being accessible from the menu and Bookmarks from the yellow button. Of course if there is another previously unassigned button available for bookmarks that would be fine too.

The "Bookmark directory" option can stay in the menu as far as I'm concerned. After all, you don't need to create bookmarks nearly as often as you need to access the ones you already have.

I've only had my DM8000 for a short while, and even though I have many years of experience with the DM7000 and Enigma1, Enigma2 is still brand new to me. I was just starting to get a little frustrated with the interface of the standard movie list and the various media player/center plugins when I found this plugin, and it really solves most of the issues I had. Thanks a lot for your work. :)

Some other issues I've noticed so far:
    1. Moving and deleting files with certain extensions seems to fail. From memory I'm fairly sure .mkv and .vob files are affected, but there may be more.

2. The rogue file remover seems to ignore .ts.sc and .ts.gm files (I don't know what they're for but they are there with a lot of recordings).

3. Rename also seems to forget to rename .ts.sc and .ts.gm files and also .ts.cutsr.

4. I had some trouble finding rename. From Enigma1, I'm used to rename and similar operations being available from the regular "short menu button press"-menu. :winking_face: I eventually found it's the stop button on the 8000 remote or long menu (yes, I know long menu is listed in help but I didn't even know what the plugins menu was at first). Even though the rename and cutlist editor features may be plugins, I think it would be more intuitive to integrate them in the "regular" menu and perhaps ditch the plugins menu or use it for something else. Just a suggestion.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Gerr
    2. The rogue file remover seems to ignore .ts.sc and .ts.gm files (I don't know what they're for but they are there with a lot of recordings).

The *.gm files are removed but enigma is creating new one with 0 lenght. I am able to remove it only after enigma restart.

• Zitat

Original von suomipoeka
    Verkabelt,

How do the problems occur? Sounds like the issue is that movie list reload is done for the NAS while it is offline (but still mounted).

Puuuh ... it is hard for me to describe this in english.

I install a new Gemini 4.xx and make all my settings. I cam make recordings on the internall HDD and the NAS. The Gemini Movielist plays movies from HDD and NAS. If the 7025 reboots and the NAS is offline, there is no network timeout. :) What happens now, affects all versions after 0.91-r3! After installing Enhanced MovieList > 0.91-r3 and the first access to my NAS with it, I have a 2 minutes network timeout during a complete system reboot if the NAS is offline. The TV screen shows "Loading enigma" and the spinners for 2 minutes. That always happens. Is the NAS during the system reboot online there is no network timeout.

The same with 0.91-r3 is working with no network timeout.

DM 7020 HD, DVB-C/C
    iCVS (OE 1.6) + GP3 + EMC v3.0.0beta632

NAS: Synology DS 214+, 6 TByte

Defekt: DM 7020 HD v2, DVB-C/C, DMM experimental (OE 2.0) + GP3.2

• friday13,

Zitat

Du brauchst nur ein Verzeichnis auf der Platte z.B. mit Namen Extern erstellen und in diesen Ordner erstellst Du den Symlink für das NAS.
    Somit wird beim Movie Taste drücken der Symlink erst einmal nicht ausgewertet bzw. versucht zu erreichen.

Ich habe es so [v0.94] Enhanced MovieList with VLC stream support (10 available languages) gemacht. Das funktioniert auch bis zu Version 0.91-r3 perfekt. Aber sobald ich auf eine Version > 0.91-r3 update, habe ich diesen Timeout bereits beim Booten der Box. Was will da bereits beim Booten der Box auf das NAS zugreifen? Ich habe auch schon alle Pfad-Settings der Enhanced Movielist wieder auf die interne HDD gelegt, aber auch das hilft nichts mehr. Es kommt bei jedem Neustart der Box zum Network Timeout, wenn das NAS offline ist. Flashe ich wieder Gemini 4.xx mit der Enhanced MovieList 0.91-r3 ist der Timeout beim Booten weg, wenn das NAS offline ist. Ich kapiere es nicht. :frowning_face:

Mit Dir kann ich ja in deutsch kommunizieren, was mir bedeutend leichter fällt. :winking_face:

Meine Idee: In den Settings werden die Pfadangaben für die interne Platte und das NAS abgelegt. Wer kein NAS bzw. keine interne HDD hat, läßt die entsprechen Einträge leer. Sind für NAS und HDD Einträge vorhanden, erscheint beim Drücken der Video-Taste eine Select-Box mit HDD und NAS. Wer nur NAS oder nur eine interne HDD hat, bekommt die Select-Box nicht und es geht direkt zum Device.

So müßte keiner mehr mit versteckten Symlinks hantieren. Der programmiertechnische Aufwand müßte sich auch in Grenzen halten. Ich kann zwar kein Python, hatte aber vor rd. 20 Jahren sehr viel in C programmiert. Daher kann ich vor suomipoekas Leistung nur den Hut ziehen. Für ihn dürfte das keine allzu große Aufgabe sein.

Vielleicht kann ja jemand, der sehr gut deutsch <-> engisch kann, meine Idee übersetzen. :)

DM 7020 HD, DVB-C/C
    iCVS (OE 1.6) + GP3 + EMC v3.0.0beta632

NAS: Synology DS 214+, 6 TByte

Defekt: DM 7020 HD v2, DVB-C/C, DMM experimental (OE 2.0) + GP3.2

• ich weiß nicht, ab/bis zu welcher version es nicht geht, da ich mein fritzbox-nas noch nicht solange hab.

aber wenn beim reboot der box (kaltstart) das nas aus ist !!! kann es auch nicht in der auto.hotplug gemounted werden. so verstehe ich das. das hat in dem moment noch nix mit suomi zu tun.

bei mir funktioniert es so seitdem. - achja :face_with_rolling_eyes: mein nas is seitdem auch immer an - sorry.

gutemine sagte da auch mal was zu, aber ich finds nichtmehr. das "mount" ansich ist schuld. da gabs mal nen fred wo gutemine etwas zum tauschen anbot. also das mount.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Gerr
    One solution I wouldn't mind would be for Move and Bookmarks to swap places, with Move being accessible from the menu and Bookmarks from the yellow button. Of course if there is another previously unassigned button available for bookmarks that would be fine too.

I'll take a look at that at some point and see if I can make the buttons more configurable.

1 and 2 are probably quite easy to fix... By rename you mean the simplerename plugin? I myself preferred to split the menu in two (moving the plugins behind AUDIO-button) since it was getting too crowded..

• Tom0000 says Enigma recreates the orphaned .gm files until it's restarted, so it may be a bit more complicated than I initially thought. I haven't verified this myself but I remember Tom0000 as a very competent and bright guy from years back, so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. Anyway, you'll know better than I do how easy/hard it is to fix. :winking_face:

Yes, every time I said rename I was talking about the simplerename plugin. I'm just lazy. :winking_face:

I still think it's more intuitive to have rename in the regular menu, but it's your plugin so your preference should obviously take precedence. The 8000 remote doesn't have an AUDIO button (yellow button is used for audio track selection) but the plugin menu with the rename feature is accessible through the STOP button or long MENU. I think what is referred to as the VIDEO button in your plugin (the default way of starting the movie list) is called PVR on the 8000 remote, so on a purely cosmetic note perhaps the references to the video button in the configuration screen should be changed to VIDEO/PVR or something like that.

As long as you're listening to requests I'm gonna reel off a few more while I remember them:

a. In both the Enigma1 and Enigma2 channel/boquet lists, when you are watching a channel and press UP, the list is shown with the "cursor" one position above what you're currently watching. Similarly, pressing DOWN while watching something shows the list with the cursor one position below the current channel. In your plugin watching a movie and pressing UP or DOWN always leaves the cursor on the current movie, meaning UP, DOWN and VIDEO/PVR does exactly the same thing. I would prefer it if the cursor ended up one below or above current if DOWN or UP is pressed (since that's what I'm used to from Enigma1 and the boquets), while VIDEO/PVR could leave the cursor on the currently watched file.

b. I'm also used to using the 0 button to go one level up in the userboquets etc. It would be great if 0 could be assigned (while showing the MovieList) to going one dir up (to the parent dir) in your plugin as well.

c. When I was using Gemini2 without your plugin (I think I've seen this in CVS images as well so it's probably not a Gemini-specific feature), I was presented with a menu asking me what I wanted to do (ie. stop, start over from the beginning, stop and delete this file, return to the list etc.) when I was watching a movie and pressed STOP or TV or the movie had reached EOF. With the Suomipoeka plugin installed I'm automatically returned to the last watched TV channel when any of these three events occur. It would be nice if the configuration offered another option on what to do after playback. I've seen there is an option to show the MovieList after STOP (or TV) is pressed. What I would like is for this option in the configuration to be expanded to something like:
    After playback:
    1. Return to TV (Suomipoeka default)
    2. Show MovieList
    3. Ask user (Enigma default)
    EDIT: This is actually an option in Enigma2's Setup/System/Customize(Expert) menu already, called "Behaviour when a movie is stopped", and "Ask user" is the default. So perhaps it would be better to just honor that setting instead of having it as a Suomipoeka configuration option.

Oh, and one more issue I think I remember running into:
    Adding multiple bookmarks in the same "bookmark adding session" doesn't work. Only the last one is actually added to the list.

Again, thanks for listening and for an absolutely brilliant plugin. :)

• I have discovered , the multiselection is not working if I will try use multiselection in more than 1 subdirectory. It will remember the multiselection only in last one.
    I do not want to suggest to change it, because it can be hard to implement.
    I have fixed it by creating very flat list of clips and minimizing the number of subdirectories. I have done it using symbolic links.
    The source dir-s includes separate directories for each artist , now I have linked all artists of common music types in one directory.

It makes ... 1000 or more links in 1 directory. It is hard to scroll the list to k letter. It will be very helpful if the plugin lets to use numeric buttons for quick jump to pressed letter on the list. The same like on standard channel ALL list.
    (all my file systems I am connecting by cifs or nfs connections)

I like the ideas described in Gerr's message. :)

• Ich habe mit Gemini 4.3 und dem Plugin Probleme mit dem Abspielen meiner avi und mkv Dateien. Sie lassen sich problemlos über den Dateimanager starten, ebenso über den Mediaplayer, jedoch über die PVR-Taste laufen sie nicht. Die normalen ts-Files funktionieren, bei den anderen Files erscheint nur der Player aber die Movies starten nicht.

• Aquino
    Avi and mkv files start normally in Gemini 4.3 + Suomipoeka plugin here.

Admittedly, I do have freezing/stuttering/audio problems with certain files, but I don't think that has anything to do with this plugin but rather with drivers/gst/enigma etc. Most files (scene releases in particular) work fine.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Aquino
    Ich habe mit Gemini 4.3 und dem Plugin Probleme mit dem Abspielen meiner avi und mkv Dateien. Sie lassen sich problemlos über den Dateimanager starten, ebenso über den Mediaplayer, jedoch über die PVR-Taste laufen sie nicht. Die normalen ts-Files funktionieren, bei den anderen Files erscheint nur der Player aber die Movies starten nicht.

Der Fehler lag scheinbar irgendwo in der Sicherung meiner Einstellungen. Nachdem ich nach erneuter Neuinstallation von Gemini 4.3 meine gespeicherten Einstellungen nicht wiederhergestellt, sondern sie neu vorgenommen habe, seitdem läuft es einwandfrei. :)

• Maybe the problem is somewhere else but suomipoeka plugin in gemini 4.3 hs problems ...
    if I will multiselect 150 or 400 clips and start to play the selection and will use -> button to jump to next file , the enigma will restart or hung up after 7...10 jumps. It was not occured with gemini 4.2 .

• Zitat

Original von Aquino
    Ich habe mit Gemini 4.3 und dem Plugin Probleme mit dem Abspielen meiner avi und mkv Dateien. Sie lassen sich problemlos über den Dateimanager starten, ebenso über den Mediaplayer, jedoch über die PVR-Taste laufen sie nicht. Die normalen ts-Files funktionieren, bei den anderen Files erscheint nur der Player aber die Movies starten nicht.

I have the same problem under 4.3. When you first start the files are not, but it falls back into the program. At the 2nd Start running it usually, but not always.
    Greeting

• I have problem. I press PVR button and my dreambox wait for HDD wakeup. On screen it looks like I didnt press anything. Is it possible to show some message e.g. “wait please..”. Thank you for perfect plugin.

• Zitat

Original von jmatejka
    I have problem. I press PVR button and my dreambox wait for HDD wakeup. On screen it looks like I didnt press anything. Is it possible to show some message e.g. “wait please..”. Thank you for perfect plugin.

Normaly you can see the "Spinner" from Enigma2 durnig the HDD SpinUP.
    In Gemini you can set the Time how long wait E2 to display the Spinners.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Cleaner_2999

I have the same problem under 4.3. When you first start the files are not, but it falls back into the program. At the 2nd Start running it usually, but not always.

Well, like I said, it's working fine here. And Aquino said it probably was a problem with restoring old settings, and that he doesn't have the problem anymore after a new GP 4.3 installation without restoring old settings. So that would be the second thing to try.

The first thing to do, if you haven't already done it, is to update gstreamer.

• Zitat

Original von friday13
    how can i hide the .thumbnails in videolist?

friday

if xxx.startswith(".") is True:
    nichtsmachen ...

Muss halt erst in den Code rein damit hiddden dateien versteckt werden

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• :face_with_rolling_eyes: ich denk doch nicht so wie du :winking_face:

also was füge ich jetzt in die plugin.py vom suomipoeka?