[v0.96] Enhanced MovieList with VLC stream support (11 available languages)

• The Ultimate Spanish translation....

;)

• And this is to get my post number 100. (a record for me in a german board....:))
    After 4 years i'm not a newbie at last...i'm an user!!!!!

;)

Music Is The Best

Edited once, last by titovich ().

Originally posted by dutch_dreamer
    Have tested the files, first gave me a blue-screen.

Resolved errors en tested, works fine now.

Language file DUTCH :em_netherlands:

Thanks for the dutch translation!! I'll test it when i'm home!

Bedankt!!!

Original von titovich
    And this is to get my post number 100. (a record for me in a german board....:))
    After 4 years i'm not a newbie at last...i'm an user!!!!!
    ;)

Congratulation titovich!
    It seems I have to wait a little bit longer to have "user" status ;(

• suomipoeka

is it possible, when toggling the movielist from Date Sort to Alpha Sort, to keep the movie list chronological?

If I have multiple episodes of a TV series on my HDD and I switch to Alpha sort, alle episodes are sorted in one place, but they are not listet in chronological order. So I have to look for the oldest one manually.

Originally posted by John McClane
    suomipoeka

is it possible, when toggling the movielist from Date Sort to Alpha Sort, to keep the movie list chronological?

If I have multiple episodes of a TV series on my HDD and I switch to Alpha sort, alle episodes are sorted in one place, but they are not listet in chronological order. So I have to look for the oldest one manually.

I think it should be fairly easy to change the alpha sort to alpha+date sort combination in which alpha is more significant. I'll see what I can do..

• Net geinstalleerd niet alle zaken zijn vertaald... zoals create folder.

Maar het werk goed zonder crash.

--------

Just installed not everything is translated... like create folder

But it works fine with crashing.

• moin,

suomipoeka, thank you very much for this plugin. could you imagine what pain it is to open a list of > 500 recorded movies with the original movielist (takes a little capacity of disks, yes)? my dm7025 is mutated to a rocket.

i'm running the plugin on OoZooN lean image dated on march '08 somewhere.

unfortunately i've edited the filenames in the past cutting off the date/time information you are using for the list - so i've lost the time/date-information for your plugin. would it be an idea to generate somewhat like the recordings.epl in enigma1 to gather the informations of date/time/filmtitle from the .meta-files? may be to choose this option in the settings-menu: "generate recordings.epl" and "use recordings.epl" or somewhat like this? and enigma1 is pretty fast with this philosophy.

anyway, for me its one of the best applications for the dreambox i've ever tested. beside the speed it was no problem to adopt the settings to my internal structure.

greets Einsteini

• John McClane,
    I implemented the alpha sort in the manner you suggested. Works well ;) - will be in v0.84

Einsteini,
    When I was initially designing the plugin I considered the list method you mention. Eventually I chose to always read the actual file listing from the disk because many people edit the files on a PC (I myself being one of them :)) so that Dreambox is unaware of the changes.

Do you still have the meta files for those recordings? I think it should be relatively easy to write a python script to rename the movie files to their original naming..

• moin,

yes, testing the plugin, the option to regenerate the original filenames using the .meta was my first idea and i think i will do so - its not so difficult. but adding this function would be a nice option and an optimum of flexibility - i think. nevertheless - the missinig option doesn't lower my appreciation. your plugin is a great addition to the box. once again: thanks.

btw.: ( @all) OoZooN has added the plugin to his feed for the OoZooN images.

greets Einsteini

• I also have to thank for this plugin: I installed this twice. The first time I did not get the power of it and was just missing the Movie- Tags, so that I could not sort my Movies anymore. I uninstalled...

Then I understood... And now my movies are sorted in directories and can be easily found and organized.

Now my 50cents:

I would love to have one function known from some File- Managers: Is it possible to move the cursor down to the next entry, when you use the video- button to select a file ?

When first organizing my Movies, I used tha Alpha- Sort and had to press two keys per Movie: Video , Down, Video, Down, Video, Down....
    Could have been half of the key- presses..

I also would appreciate a "Shift- Select":

Select first movie to act on, move cursor down the list to the last movie to act on and press "Long Video" (or something else) to mark all files between the two markers.

I tried to find out, where to make changes to help you achieve this, but my knowledge in Python is not yet good enough to understand all of your (very well readable and structured) code.

Thanx again for that great Plugin.

Tode

• Tode,

Thanks for the suggestions... I have sort of assumed that people use their PCs to handle a lot of files on their Dreambox, but I think I can add some sort of quicker multi-selection. Perhaps pressing "<" to start the selection and ">" to select the end position of the selections. From the coding point of view I don't like the long-press uses since that requires using a timer for such a simple operation as a key press ;)

Would a filename text search based multi-selection be useful? You could type in e.g. "C.S.I Miami" + OK and all the episodes would be selected. Should be quite simple to add...

• Thanx for your quick response. For me personally the filename based multi- selection would not be of such a big use. I think that in a sorted list I would be faster selecting first and last Element than have to Type "Emergency Room" with my Remote- control.

I agree, that large amounts of reorganisation should be made via PC. But only speaking for me: That "middle amount" reorganisation (or "Cleanup") that I some times do, could be sufficiently solved using your suggested way of marking. But I would turn it around.
    For me it seems to be more logical to use the > as a starting point and the < as the end- point.

Of course from a XML- or other tag- based- language- point of view the selection should be included like you suggested, but for a "normal" person (are there normal people among the dreambox users !? ;-) ) I think that

> Start here
    Movie one
    Movie two
    Move three
    < until here
    is more the way someone might think. It would then be like the parking- forbidden- signs in Germany.

But that's just my humble opinion...

I'm now waiting for your implementation

Tode

EDIT: I could not wait for you to implement this feature and tried it myself. I will now drive home and see, how many bluescreens my implementation creates.... I will report back and -if successfull- post my modifications here, so that you can check, if you want to use them...

Edited once, last by Tode ().

• Tode,

I have already implemented the multi-select feature :) - decided to go with the TEXT-button (both begin and end) because it is easy on the fingers.. Also VIDEO-button now moves the cursor to the next file (down if arrow-down has been pressed previously, or up if arrow-up..). Wow, didn't know it could make this much difference for multi-selecting. Thanks for the suggestion! :top: :top: :top:

I will put the v0.84 version out right now.. EDIT: available in the first post.. Now I'm off to watch the POR-GER soccer game ;)

I recommend playing with the multi-selection feature for a while. Its quite powerfull because it is a "toggle-feature" even for the TEXT-button.. You can make neat inverse selections ;)

• Now that the GER-POR soccer game is over. I will install 0.84.

And by the, the right Team won the match.

:em_germany: :em_germany: :em_germany: :em_germany: :em_germany: :em_germany: :em_germany:

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland

• Congratulations :)

Although I am a bit disappointed that the referees let past Germany's last goal where the Portuguese player was clearly pushed away by Ballack.. I was so hoping for a penalty shootout ;) - but anyway it was quite an exciting game.. I'd say that both teams would have earned to go through..

• Penalty shootout are boring, when Germany plays.

We always win those. ;)

But one thing about this match was really great.

Ronaldo stopped grinning.
    IMHO he's a arrogant idiot and he left the field without thanking the Portugal Fans. What an idiot.