How can I check if Db is a clone?

• I bought my DB 500s from a reputable dealer in July 2007. I pretty damn sure that the guy does not deal in anything dodgy.

So how can I check?

Because I'm still running 3.6 and would like to try my hand at upgrading to the latest version..

Reading the forum and the threads about the clone box shut-downs..I fully agree.

• Press here

It's been posted 1000 times if not more

So dann schaumerma

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MadMax ()

• Thanks for the link to the search...

I have tried that but as I do not speak German, I'm fining it difficult to get the info I need.

Can you please post me a thread-link in English please?

• Sorry... I had to search for that! But if I can search, so can you

Restrict the search criteria to the english corner and you should find what you are looking for!
    This way you practice a little bit with the search function of the board and you hit two birds with one stone! It's called "learning by doing"

• Not comments but the truth! Why should I spoonfeed him if I have to sit here and search first myself? If I can search, so can he! What is sad about that? He will even learn to use the board functionality propperly!

You sound exactly like the winchers from the "my box is dead" threads

• Vip status gives u a freedom to hurt newbies

thx to the similar answers, english corner has been poorly visited

• Zitat

Originally posted by hispasat1
    Vip status gives u a freedom to hurt newbies

thx to the similar answers, english corner has been poorly visited

I am just wondering if I know you from some where in NA, because your style is very familiar. Anyway, you started another thread related to the same thing, and you didn't like the answers you got. I am just wondering why do you care if you listed a dm7020 as the box you own. the DM7020 never been cloned, so why in the world would you start a thread related to clones?!!!!!!!!!

• the best thing to do is to follow the DMM link you posted, and see if any of the differences mentioned are true. You can also try to flash and see if it works. and since you said the dealer that sold you the box is a good dealer, I am sure you will not have a problem going back to him if needed.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Dreamsat2

I am just wondering if I know you from some where in NA, because your style is very familiar. Anyway, you started another thread related to the same thing, and you didn't like the answers you got. I am just wondering why do you care if you listed a dm7020 as the box you own. the DM7020 never been cloned, so why in the world would you start a thread related to clones?!!!!!!!!!

You are WRONG.

Dm7020 has been cloned.

• Zitat

Originally posted by no7mixture
    Some of these companies also send out free samples.

.... sure... and I am father christmas :face_with_tongue:

• RE:- Some of these companies also send out free samples
    Responce to Father Christmas

Dear Madmax,

I think you gave some advice about using the search function in one of your previos posts,

Well if you care to research ( even by using google ) you will find http://www.madeinchina.com and if you use the search function on that site and type in dreambox you will get a list of companies that make cloned boxes,

If you proceed to choose , say for example, Data Technology co ltd for a DM500c, or maybe ANYVIEW TECHNOLOGY(H.K)LIMITED for a DM7020, and then click the contact button you will get a form to fill in, complete the form and select SAMPLE TERMS, click on free sample etc,

Give it a try you might be lucky, or if you can't be bothered you could always go and feed your reindeer !

I dont think that I need say anymore

DM7020HD V2, DM7020HD, DM7020, DM800 all original

• Put Gemini 4.3
    try to use blue panel

If it works you have original , if not
    put 4.3.1 and after it your change mac adress to mac adress from a original box

thats it :winking_face:

• other question

On this board ''home'' cardsharing is tolerated
    So if i have 1official card , it is ok to use it in my second dreambox

Now if i have 1 original box, and 1 clonebox
    would you (admins) tolerate , that i use my Mac adress from the original one to make Gemini 4.3.1 work on the clone machine ?

Only for my personal use :winking_face: :tongue:

• Zitat

Originally posted by no7mixture
    I dont think that I need say anymore

*ggg* they can tell you anything, ehh?
    The form is NOT from this company but from "Made in China" and it's your wish that you request a Free Sample.... that doesn't mean that you will get it :face_with_tongue:

Wishful thinking! (I'm still holding my tummy loughing)

• Fake people always have a fake life, a fake Rolex, a fake Sony, and a fake Dreambox, so, why don't you take your fake comments/links away from here.

Zitat

Originally posted by updatelee
    its really easy to see if you have a clone or not. install gemini. it'll tell you. lol

I am just wondering why waist your time and bother with all this since Gemini is not your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th choice of images on your legit Dreambox, as you stated somewhere else.

• Fake, clone, what ever you want to call them they are here to stay. People come here for a bit of help and get responses by heavy handed moderatiors that close the threads becasue they don't want to hear about this and prefer to keep their heads in the sand.

All you are doing is stifling good healthy debate on a topic which is not going to go away.

A lot of people I suspect have bought a Dreambox thinking they were buying the genuine item. They are the ones that are getting punished for their lack of knowledge. Can you buy a new DM500S from DMM? If you can't then it's their fault for underestimating the market demand also and the Chinese clone manufaturers are just filling a gap. DMM have to take some of the blame.

The real 'pirates' will be laughing as they will continue to use older images and won't be affected by this or they will load on a Pli image and forget about Gemini altogether.

Moderators, how about letting threads run thier course instead of closing every new thread that is a topic that you don't agree with?

• cause im bored ?

its not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice, not because of clone detection, but because of maxvar. it doesnt play well with multiboot and I like to try lots of different images. variety is the spice of life.