[solved/gelöst] Strange skin problem with @vali skins

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Hello m8's,

I love VALI skins, but i have a strange problem with these (after Blueline2 and up). And ONLY with these skins. Blueline2 and prior works just fine.

It's a pitty, because the vali skins are the BEST (thanks for your ongoing efforts making superb skins m8!).

It happens both on my old DM500 and my new DM600PVR.

Sometimes "they" just lockup with an "empty" screen, specially when using plugins (GboxSuite etc.), but also sometimes during normal menus, and i have to telnet to reboot. Wont react to the remote-control at all, when this happens.

I have spent much time figuring out what the problem may be, but have no clue :frowning_face:

Anyone experiencing the same problems, or have an idea about what may cause this strange crash ?

And this ONLY happens with newer VALI skins installed. All other skins works just fine.. :frowning_face:

Using Gemini 4.20 on both machines.

• Now my friend,
    I dont use gbox-suite, i have installed 2.26 for testing.
    You have right, the skin have crash with the suite.
    For this i havent a answer.
    I have tested with other images also.
    Crashes are only by 3 x subwindows overloading !!!
    I think, ths comes from the new extended png-routine in cvs.
    By old imges is all ok. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von vali ()

• Thanks for the feedback, vali.

Yes, the crash mainly happens with the GboxSuite, have though experienced a few times with the normal menus also, like when using BluePanel sub-menus (for example the submenu where you can choose skin-setup, allign OSD-bar etc)..

I have observed, It mainly happens, with plugins using "normal OSD" looks.

Thought i would ask, becuase i haven't heard from other users having the problem, so maybe something i did "wrong".

But as i understand, it's not a skin problem, but maybe a problem with the cvs used in enigma.

Too sad really, because i love your skins. They are superb.

Thanks again m8, maybe the problem will get solved by time :winking_face:

• Yes I can concur with this problem too. At first I thought it was an image problem but maybe it is the skin as you say.

The trouble is I cannot really replicate the problem definitively.

I love the Blueline-3 skin but for test purposes I have gone back to default Gemini Blueline skin and so far I have not had an enigma crash. Maybe I had too much info displayed on infobar when zapping using Blueline-3.

Another enigma crash prone situation is when using submenus on Interactive (Data Channels) which are converted to 'TV Type' such as SKY Interactive channels on 28E.

I will give an update on this problem when I next experience it.

Kind Regards
    Azam

• Hi Vali,
    At the beginning, I would like to thank you a lot for your amazing work creating the most beautiful skins ever especially your X-Line!

Well, I have encountered that strange behavior and reported it earlier HERE with your X-Line skin and with some porto's skins also.
    I searched a lot for a reasonable reason that causes such random frozen blank windows, but ended up that nothing to do with skin!

After more investigation ...
    First, I noticed it happens almost with menus having many separators (four and more), which may use more resources than others.
    I checked your recent skins and found that they use the same menu separator of 10-pixel segment which seems very short in width.
    Assuming menus of average 300-pixel in width, Enigma will have to rapidly load 30 segments side by side for each single separator.
    Loading segments will multiply 30x with more separators, this could consume memory resources dramatically ending with the crash.

To experience my theory ...
    I replaced the default separator with longer one of 50-pixels (5x) in order to limit the memory consumption while loading segments.
    Now, guess what?! Skin runs flawlessly and frozen blank windows disappeared at all, even gbox suite/center work just fine as well!!

A copy of the alternative separator.png used in testing is attached. I hope this workaround could help to resolve that annoying issue.

Kind Regards,
    SayyiD

• I can now confirm no problems at all with Blueline (Default) and New Blueline 3.0 (posted yesterday on this board) with Gemini 4.20 in DM7000.

So unfortunately it remains a problem with Blueline3.

Hope you can identify the bug because these skins are the best!

Rgds
    Azam

• WOW! WOW! WOW! :wmger:

I have just replaced the seperator.png's in all of my vali skins folders with the one you have attached SayyiD, and guess what? As you suggest, all my vali skins are now working flawlessly!!! NO crash anymore!!!

Thank you VERY much m8!!! :wmger:

It's SO nice to being able to use the SUPERB vali skins again!!!

Thanks again m8's!!! :wmger:

azamsaghir: The problem is identified m8:

Just download the "seperator.png" SayyiD has attached his post (right below where it says "SayyiD hat dieses Bild angehängt:", and FTP it to the "window" folder (replacing the original seperator.png) on each of your vali skins, which is usually located /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/"skinname"/window :winking_face:

• Hey :)

I am so hapy, the bug is localized.
    I must use in the new ones other separators :winking_face:

THANKS FRIENDS FOR THIS WONDERFULL WORK!

• Yes I can confirm 100% correct working now without lockups in sub-menus.

Great work guys!

I look forward to more beautiful creations from vali soon.

Thank you.

Azam

• you guys are all happy but i can still not reslove this problem with the skins.CRASHES all the time.At this moment im using the blueline3.0,for me the most beautifull skin.CRASH especially happens when i go to watch premiere or D+ package.My dm500 blocks and i have to turn it off from power because the remote does not work at that moment.I have tried to add the new separator.png that u have posted but the problem did not disapeard.I download skins through blue panel.I use CCcam2.0.7 and gemini image 4.2.Had the same problems with gemii 4.1 and older CCcam versions.Any help for resolving this problem?Thanks in advance guys!

• Zitat

Originally posted by entusiasti
    you guys are all happy but i can still not reslove this problem with the skins.CRASHES all the time.At this moment im using the blueline3.0,for me the most beautifull skin.CRASH especially happens when i go to watch premiere or D+ package.My dm500 blocks and i have to turn it off from power because the remote does not work at that moment.I have tried to add the new separator.png that u have posted but the problem did not disapeard.I download skins through blue panel.I use CCcam2.0.7 and gemini image 4.2.Had the same problems with gemii 4.1 and older CCcam versions.Any help for resolving this problem?Thanks in advance guys!

It maybe because of MediaHighWay EPG which consumes a lot of CPU while reading date from some providers, ending with crash.
    You can disable MHW EPG option from Expert Setup menu and see if it makes difference. I hope this helps to make you happy too! :winking_face:

• well friend it seems that i will be the only one whitout luck for this problem.i've turned off the mhw epg and still crashes.no result.this is driving me crazy.i dont know what else to do.the box works properly about 20 minutes then it slows down working,slows in changing channels and at the end blocks totally.then i have to unplug it!and then same story,good work 20 minutes then crash.chaos!help again:)

• Sorry to say m8, but this doesn't sound like a skin problem.

You say it specially crashes when you watch Premiere or D+ package.

Maybe an EMU problem ??