• I, among other people have been looking for a way to get my dreambox movie files from .ts format to a dvd.
    There are windows programs that work pretty good, like convertx but it take a very long time to convert and the computer is pretty useless for other things while the video is transcoding.
    There is a plugin that works right on the dreambox called burn2dvd.
    This is a great plugin written by someone named luke_s. I am not sure who he is but I would like to give him credit for what he has done.
    This plugin takes about an hour for an hour of video on a 250mhz processor which is pretty good.
    But I thought that my 2.6ghz desktop could do a much faster job.
    So I have written a linux script based on the commands found in the burn2dvd plugin.
    You will need to have dvdauthor, mkisofs, and mencoder installed.
    What you will need to do is to create a new folder on your linux pc.
    Drop your .ts file into it along with the script that I have written.
    This script is a very simple one and just enough to get the job done.
    What it will do is create a tmp folder for the files needed for the process.
    After the script has completed, the tmp folder will be deleted and there will be a file in the new folder you created called movie.iso
    Then just use your favorite dvd burning software to put it on a dvd.
    That's it.
    Please feel free to change this script to suit your needs.
    I have tried to add comand options to create chapters but I have not had any success.
    I have not tried it on other video formats but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do.
    I just hope that someone who has more knowlege than me can help out and make this script a whole lot better than I can.
    While testing this script I was using my desktop pc running ubuntu with a 2.6ghz dual core processor and 2gig ddr2 ram.
    Converting an hour video took less than 4 minutes.
    If you want to convert two episodes of House (for example) just put both of the files in the same folder and they will both be in the .iso file.

• This new version has somewhat of a user interface.
    I used some 'zenity' options to make it a little more beginner friendly.
    This gives you the option to browse to the folder where you have saved the file and select the file from your dreambox as well as selecting the name of the output file, and of course a progress bar.
    I had a little help from the ubuntu forums site while getting the zenity options just right.
    I hope this script is usefull for someone.
    I am not a windows user but I would like to see if someone can use this script under cygwin.
    You will have to have mencoder, dvdauthor and mkisofs preinstalled before running this script.
    I usually run this script from the command line "./ts2iso2.sh"
    I have also used it with an application shortcut on my desktop and then all I have to do is just double click on the icon on my desktop.