Lost in Translation

• Understanding is the next step to enlightment !

Well, if you have the proper cables and adapters you could also add a CF card(internally), but this is not really tested (yet).

After a Flash the image doesn't know about Barry Allen and will always boot from Flash, so don't worry.

And if you are unsure you can always use ba.sh info to find out what is booted (or look for a /.bainfo file - this shows that you are booted form an BA image from CF/Harddisk - if you do cat /.bainfo you will even see the name of the image as entered during extract), if there is none you are (still) in Flash.

If you select a BA image for booting it will NOT be put to flash, simply after the selection of the image the kernel bootprocess will be chrootet to the image root on CF/harddisk for the rest of the bootprocess and continue working from there - hence the Flash kernel is still running and used from flash (with the few drivers needed by the bootmanager to be operational - unless you disabled it), but all binaries, setings,.. come from the harddisk/CF choosen image directory.

And BA doesn't use partitions onHarddisk/CF like Multiboot does, it just uses chroot to fake a new root from a directory of the BA device (/media/ba/ba/<imagename>

Wenn you do ipkg install or ba.sh patch it simply re-creates a few links (/ba and /media/ba to be honest and in an enigma2 image also the link to the Plugin and webif binaries) and replaces the init link with a link to bainit, the script which starts the bootmanager and does the chroot based on what you selected. Init is a tiny programm in nix whichstarts all other processes - if you 'chroot' it then you can switch to another image, which is excactly what flashwizzard, Dreamflash and also BA do.

Hope this makes clear how things work together.

PS: and you don't need to disable bootmansger before flashing, this is just to hide BA if you don't want it to be shown during boot.

Ciao
    gutmine

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von pcd
    Very kind of you to explain !

Is there any future possibility for BA to work with pc hd ?

Cheers, pcd.

I don't plan to extend BA to support NFS mounted disks - it would be possible (just a few commands in bainit shell script to do a remote mount instead of a local one - ans off course loading the needed drivers), But the Flashwizzard for DM 500 approach has proven that booting via network is not really something that makes the normal user happy. Next thing would be that users ask for implementing this feature for a d-box (would work also BTW, but better DON'T ask) :)

Except the bootmanager Barry Allen sourcecode is fully available (just a big and a small shellscript) so you could try yourself, because it works also without the bootmanager ...

BUT the Bios of the new boxes includes already tftp boot support, so there is no real need for this in an extra tool either.

Developers use this feature to let the Dreambox boot their OE on the PC so that they can run their developments directly instead of copying binaries or creating an image - so it works also without a Multiboot Tool and you might even find an How-to for it if yousearch hard.

But for the plain user who just wants to try out images it is not really sensemaking to have the PC or a NAS as boodevice - and even the DM 600 is not really designed for booting from Harddisk (but it works at least, and 2.5" disks are so quiet that it is not a real limitation)

If you want these nice features you should buy a Dreambox with Cf Card slot, and not spend time to overcome these limitations.

Ciao
    gutemine2

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Schaum la ob der lInk von/usr/lib/enigma2/Plugins/Extensions/BarryAllen auf die CF karte angelegt ist.

ich glaube fehler ligt am e2

der pfad schaut jetzt anders aus!
    /usr/lib/enigma2/phyton/Plugins/*:*
    ba ist nicht da
    werde morgen mal die letzte vom Juni flashen und naoch mals testen!

• Vergleiche einfach und dann sag mir wo es jetzt ist - im Prinzip liegt das echte directoy ja eh auf /media/ba/BarryAllen (damit das plugin verschwindet wenn die CF karte rausgenommen wird) und muss nur ins Plugin directory verlinked werden damit das Plugin auch auftaucht - kann man also auch von Hand fixen wenn sich die Installationsroutine nicht zurechtgefunden hat.

Und wenn die Version 4.0 vom BA auf der 7025 endlich stabil ist komt eh eine neue Versionauch für PowerPC raus wo ich es entsprechend einbauen kann (den bootmanager von 4.0 hat adenin ja schon gepostet weil der ist cleverer udn kommt mit den verchiedenen devices besser zurecht, ausserdem kann man mit Mute damit schon einen Flash übers Webif erzwingen)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• gutemine2
    First of all thank you very much for being so patient and sparing your time for explaining. It is very kind of you to explain. Thank you again..

My mistake was that I thought E2 is essential for BA.

Well..
    I started from scratch. Formatted HDD. Installed E2. Then BA. After that installed Nabilo and Pli with BA. Did my settings and took backups with "ba.sh backup".

Then disabled bootmanager. I flashed Gemini 3.60 into flash. After booting into Gemini I did "ba.sh info" and saw that I booted from Flash. This command also did do the trick so I didn't need to do "ba.sh patch".
    Now when I choose Flash on boot menu I get my favorite image Gemini from Flash. When I choose Nabilo or Pli I get this images from HDD.

Working like a charm..

Thank you very much..

• well, to be honest ba.sh patch is a fake (or better a dumym argument), just to be in line to what the people are used to do from multiboot after flashing.

Any call to ba.sh will re-integrate Barry Allen into the freshly flashed image (as you found out already). So you stole one of my little secrets :)

And as I already said an enigma2 image is just the cherry on the cake, because you get a nice menu interface for the shell script, but because thes script always does the real job BA is fully functional even without it - just type ba.sh without any arguments and you see the most important commands it offers.

And I don't have a problem to explain to people how it works, I then just ask them to do the same then for others (here or in other forums) with what they have learnt already - so I'll watch you now :)

Ciao
    gutemine2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von hasa@netcabo.pt
    The version 0.3.2 is the latest?

there is no 0.4 for DM600?

You can only install the bootmanager binary that adenin posted on top of 3.2r7, but the 4.0 kit is planned for next weekend, so be patient.

There are no OE 1.5 images for the Power PC boxes so there is no real need for it either, because this is the only real big difference/news in 4.0 (unless you want the user script execution in the WebIF - and well, if you steal the BarryAllen.py from 4.0 7025 kit you could get this already now into an E2 image on a PowerPC box :)

The OE 1.5 support simply costed too much time to keep the PowerPC version in sync.

Ciao
    gutemine2

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von hasa@netcabo.pt
    Why should i instal an E2 imagem on DM600 (Power PC)?

What are the benefits?

well, you could try them out now onharddisk and find out yourself (download from database)

But at the moment theyare still pretty experimental (so not reallyusefull for TV watching), but you then could see how the BA Plugin Menu and BA WebIF looks like under enigma2 that you are missing on an enigma1 image.

This actually is the real difference from BA to something like Dreamflash or Flashwizzard, it offers a lot of functionality without even starting the PC (not only backup/restore of images as youalready found out, also things like an extra installer for images without a Bluepannel, Tools to do filesystemcheck, USB and CF mount and format, swapfile creation, sharing of timers or epg data file between images,..)

But under enigma1 this is not such a big advantage because you can get most these functionalities also from other images or plugins :)

What you definitely could try under enigma1 is to create for the most often used functions a small Flexmenu (info, boot backup, extract,...) because this is something where everybody would benefit from :)

Ciao
    gutemine2

• Hi *all

Habe mit Gemini360 Image folgendes Problem:

Wenn zum File mode gewechselt wird, haengt sich die Box auf.

Hab diverse Versuche unternommen, ist nur wenn Gemini360 mit BA laeuft. Es spielt keine Rolle ob vom Flash oder HDD gebootet wurde.

Mit PBImage ist das Problem nicht da. Falls Gemini360 vom Flash OHNE BA laeuft ist das Problem auch nicht da.

Gruss
    Markus

• Hi,
    das kann ich nicht bestätigen. Hab hier auch G3.6 unter Barryallen und Dateimodus funktioniert hier wunderbar.

[EDIT]
    Was für ein Image ist den im Flash? Ich habe zur Zeit das Original DMM-Image im Flash.

beste Grüße
    adenin

Hilfe gesucht ? schau mal ins Gemini Project WIKI, auch unsere Video Tutorials sind für den Einstieg sehr empfehlenswert

Nur wer die Weisheit mit Löffeln gefressen hat, kann auch klugscheißen. :klugscheiss:
    Alte asiatische Weisheit (wahrscheinlich Plagiat): Ohne Fleiß kein Scheiß. (Ich übernehme keine Garantie für Fehlerfreiheit der Übersetzung)
    "Alle großen Männer sind bescheiden." Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
    "Ich bin nur einsvierundsechzig"adenin
    "Es reicht nicht, Sachen falsch zu verstehen. Man muss sie richtig falsch verstehen."adenin
    "Friends: You Have 0 Friends"facebook

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von adenin ()

• das kann egentlich nicht sein das BA da probleme macht wenn du vom Flash gebootet bist weil dan nmacht er eigentlich NICHTS - sprich die 2 Links und das script das dann lelr durchläuft machen keinen unterschied.

Ich würde mal den Filesystemcheck auf der Harddisk machen (vom Flash booten und im telnet bainit 93 eingeben), weil ich würde eher auf Filesystemprobleme tippen gerade wenn es ungleichmässig auftritt.

Und durch abdrehen weil es hängt ist das filesystem meist in Mitleidenschaft gezogen was dann wieder neue Hänger produziert.

Ohne Filesystemcheck zum reparieren istdas ein Teufelfskreis der nichts mit den Plugins zu tun hat, und wobei der Schuldige dann eigentlich vor der Box sitzt auch wenn er sich dessen meist nicht bewusst ist :)

LG
    gutemine2

• Hi all,
    Ich habe versucht mitzumachen,aber komme irgend wie nicht zu recht.
    Habe ein 600er Nabilo drauf.
    in media ist kein Odrner mit ba.
    Weche befehle muss ich über tenet geben?

Dreambox 7000,5620,Matrix,MM,Dragon,Xcam,ZetaGelb,Hyundai 1010,Wave Frontier90,Gebertini 120

• Besten Dank.

Mache mal den Check. Ist echt eigenartig dieses Phaenomen. Hab gestern Abend noch ein "frisches" Gemini installiert mit gleichem Effekt.

Gruss
    Markus

• Zitat

Original von sezo
    Hi all,
    Ich habe versucht mitzumachen,aber komme irgend wie nicht zu recht.
    Habe ein 600er Nabilo drauf.
    in media ist kein Odrner mit ba.
    Weche befehle muss ich über tenet geben?

Hast du die Doku von romeo-golf zur installation gelesen - kannst du auf http://www.oozoon.de runterladen ?

Und am Anfang ds Threads steht eigentlich eh schon fast alles was nötig ist. Trotzdem nochmals Schritt für Schritt;

nach dem ftp des ipk kits vom Anfang des posts auf /tmp der dreambox solltest du in telnet folgendes eingeben:

cd /
    ipkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen*.ipk

Wenn dabei was schiefgeht den Telnet output posten.

Nach dieser installation solltest du einen link von /media/ba auf /media/hdd haben (das ist also kein eigener ordner, sondern nur ein link zum jeweiligen Multiboot device)

Ausprobieren mit:

cd /media/ba
    ba.sh info

Beim rebooten solltest du dann auch schon den Bootmanager bekommen, wenn auch nur mit Flash als Auswahl.

Du hast bei der installation noch einen weiteren Link erstellt bekommen, nämlich /MB_Images dieser sollte auf /media/hdd/MB_Images deuten.

Vom PC FTPst du dann deine *.nfi files genau in diesen /MB_Images ordner und dann kannst du diese images auf der Harddiskauspacken

cd /media/ba
    ba.sh extract namedesimagesohnepunktnfi

Sobald das durchgelaufen ist hat der Bootmanager mehr auswahl :)

PS: Und OoZooN hat jetzt auch ein schönes aktuelles Image für die 600er als Flashunterlage gemacht, aber wenn du keine Probleme hast tut es jedes andere wie das DMM Standardimage oder das Gemini im Flash auch :)

LG
    gutemine2

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von polarbear101
    Besten Dank.

Mache mal den Check. Ist echt eigenartig dieses Phaenomen. Hab gestern Abend noch ein "frisches" Gemini installiert mit gleichem Effekt.

Gruss
    Markus

Deswegen glaube ich auch nicht das es was mit dem Image zu tun hat, sondern mit der Harddisk, und je mehr du testest und dabei bei den Hängern abdrehst umso schlimmer wird es, also Filesystemcheck nach jedem abdrehen und erst wenn du jetzt einen gemacht hast macht weitertesten überhaupt sinn.

LG
    gutemine2

• Hi

FilesystemCheck hat leider nix gebracht.
    So bald ich "File mode" auswaehle haengt die Box mit Gemini.

Hab versucht eine kurze Aufnahme zu machen, das funzt. Kann die Aufnahme aber nur gleich nach dem Stopen aufrufen. Ueber File mode haengt das ganze.

Gruss
    Markus

*********************************************************************************
    root@dm600pvr:/# bainit 93
    barryallen: Filesystemcheck HDD
    /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 has been mounted 57 times without being c
    hecked, check forced.
    /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1: 5135/152704 files (0.1% non-contiguous),
    77905/39072088 blocks
    root@dm600pvr:/#
    *********************************************************************************

• kleiner test,
    im DS e2 img gab es den ordner extensions nicht deshalb war BA nicht zu finden vor der installation von ba ordner manuell erstellt dann hat alles geklappt,
    allerdings ging beim booten die FB nicht ich konnte nichts auswählen, das img vewendet die head.ko vom e1? ausgetauscht booten geht jetzt auch mit dem bootmanager super.(warum nimst du nicht mehr den img eigenen head.ko?)
    habe vom flash(e2-0806) ein nfi erstellen lassen, ging ohne fehler dan habe ich nfi entpackt auch ohne fehler lies sich leider nicht durch booten!
    anschliesen habe ich flash copy ausgefürt das ging ohne fehler.

e2img vom 0806 wenn ich sprache ändere bleibt die box beim Barry Allen is working hängen beim DS- img ist sie in wenieger als 30s fertig
    im algemein scheint DS e2 besser zu laufen nach den kleinen änderungen,
    super arbeit und nochmalls danke :winking_face: