Lost in Translation

• rm /.bainfo

aber nur wenn du vom Flash gebootet bist.

da ist noch ein fehler in der backup routine vom Barry allen script welches das file im nfi backup 'vergisst' wenn man dann so ein nfi backup restored/flashed
    passiert der fehler - einfach das file löschen und gut ist es.

Aber genau deswegen dürft ihr auch testen damit diese fehler eliminert werden.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Hello,
    sorry for writing in english.

Downloaded r7 and installed after Enigma2 to 600PVR with HDD. Everything seems ok except bootmenu. The only thing I can't do is selecting image while booting. When BA menu pops up with numbers and image names on it I try evrything including selecting the number and pressing OK after it but no chance. Box opens with previous image.
    On telnet I can choose which image will boot on next reboot with command

cd /media/ba
    ba.sh boot imagename

What makes it difficult on telnet is that I can't choose the flash and as a consequence it can't boot from falsh.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Guess what:

ba.sh boot Flash

and you boot from Flash (or rm /media/ba/.bainfo works also)

Waht image do you have in Flash, because the bootmenu should work also with support for remote control ?!

But the next version will soon have a more clever bootmansger which handles the remote device better, so be patient.

Ciao
    gutemine2

• Hello,
    thanks for immediate reply and great work :)

Well.. it worked.. could boot from flash... did forget upper/lower case matter in linux.. sorry

I've tried gemini, pli, nabilo with the latest images but RC didn't work on none of them..

Regards..

• msurg
    new binary for you
    copy to /ba via ftp

Im Auftrag von gutemine2 hänge ich mal das neuste Binary für DM600PVR an.

Dateien

Hilfe gesucht ? schau mal ins Gemini Project WIKI, auch unsere Video Tutorials sind für den Einstieg sehr empfehlenswert

Nur wer die Weisheit mit Löffeln gefressen hat, kann auch klugscheißen. :klugscheiss:
    Alte asiatische Weisheit (wahrscheinlich Plagiat): Ohne Fleiß kein Scheiß. (Ich übernehme keine Garantie für Fehlerfreiheit der Übersetzung)
    "Alle großen Männer sind bescheiden." Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
    "Ich bin nur einsvierundsechzig"adenin
    "Es reicht nicht, Sachen falsch zu verstehen. Man muss sie richtig falsch verstehen."adenin
    "Friends: You Have 0 Friends"facebook

• Please try with the above binary by FTPing to /ba (or /media/ba or /media/hdd - all the same on the 600, just links to each other)

Then do in telnet:

init 4
    cd /ba
    barryallen

and check if RC works.

Then when you are lucky it should work also when booting, when not come back here then you also need a patched bainit at /sbin

• worked with above commands as well while booting.

Both numeric keys and cursor keys are working well...

Thank you guys :)

• Zitat

Original von msurg
    worked with above commands as well while booting.

Both numeric keys and cursor keys are working well...

Thank you guys :)

so hold out for version 4.0 - it will include then new bootmanager.

BTW you could also test now the new WebIF Flash force feature of the BA bootmanager - if you press Mute while the bootmanager is running during boot the /boot directory will be emptied, so if you let then the boot finish and reboot the 600 will cry from a WebIF Flash - saves doing it inTelnet or with the new Flashing assistant or use DreamUP with serial cable.

But DO NOT use it if you don't want to flash again - because there is no way of avoiding a flash after pressing the mute button.

And don't be scared - as soon as the bootmanager is nut running anymore mute works as normal again.

Mute was choosen for Flashing because it is close to exit - if somebody has a better suggestion (because this could be dangerous for a mistype) then he's welcome.

Ciao
    gutemine2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Man kann ja noch eine Sicherheitsabfrage reinsetzten.
    " Wollen Sie /boot wirklich löschen" "JA" "TROTZDEM" :winking_face:

beste Grüße
    adenin

Hilfe gesucht ? schau mal ins Gemini Project WIKI, auch unsere Video Tutorials sind für den Einstieg sehr empfehlenswert

Nur wer die Weisheit mit Löffeln gefressen hat, kann auch klugscheißen. :klugscheiss:
    Alte asiatische Weisheit (wahrscheinlich Plagiat): Ohne Fleiß kein Scheiß. (Ich übernehme keine Garantie für Fehlerfreiheit der Übersetzung)
    "Alle großen Männer sind bescheiden." Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
    "Ich bin nur einsvierundsechzig"adenin
    "Es reicht nicht, Sachen falsch zu verstehen. Man muss sie richtig falsch verstehen."adenin
    "Friends: You Have 0 Friends"facebook

• Zitat

Original von adenin
    Man kann ja noch eine Sicherheitsabfrage reinsetzten.
    " Wollen Sie /boot wirklich löschen" "JA" "TROTZDEM" :winking_face:

beste Grüße
    adenin

Sicherheitsabfragen sind doch nur was für Feiglinge :)

Aber Message ausgeben und dann mit GRÜN/ROT Bestätigen/Nichtbestätigen so wie im enigma wäre gute idee

• habe mal ein wenig zeit gefunden zum testen und habe die neuste e2 version ins flash instaliert dan r7 aber unter spiele erweiterung ist nichts zu sehen der bootmanager ist sichtbar bekomme aber nichts ausgewählt, fehler am e2 img?

• Hello again,

One more question..

How can I comletely uninstall BA from Flash?
    Mean without flashing an image..
    or completely disable it without uninstalling so that I can flash gemini again and in case of trying a new image I can enable and use it.
    Thanks

• Zitat

Original von cali.s
    habe mal ein wenig zeit gefunden zum testen und habe die neuste e2 version ins flash instaliert dan r7 aber unter spiele erweiterung ist nichts zu sehen der bootmanager ist sichtbar bekomme aber nichts ausgewählt, fehler am e2 img?

weis nicht, hast du das ipkg install gemacht wie du vom Flash gebootet warst, weil eigentlich sollte es funktionieren ?

Schaum la ob der lInk von/usr/lib/enigma2/Plugins/Extensions/BarryAllen auf die CF karte angelegt ist.

Und dan einfach enigma2 von Hand stoppen und starten und schauen ob das Plugin geladen wird, bzw. Fehler posten:

init 4
    enigma2

LG
    gutemine2

• Do the following in telnet when booted from flash:

ipkg-remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen

(or use red button in the Plugin Browser if you have an enigma2 image in Flash)

But then also all Bary Alllen extracted Images on CF card/Harddisk are gone, it really deletes everythin installed and created from the plugin :)

If you are lazy on a 7020 you also can simply format the Cf card on a PC, except the bainit shell script and 3 links nothing is changed inFlash from Barry Allen - so the Flash image boots nicely with BA gone if CF is removed or formatted. But the ipkg remove is the 'clean' approach, and on the DMM 600 the only one - unless you want to format the harddisk :frowning_face:

Ciao
    gutemine2

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Sorry,
    meanwhile I edited my post.. Please see above again..

I want completely disable BA and use Gemini from flash and when I need to try a new image I want to enable and use it to try the new image..

Is it possible. If yes how?

Thank you again

• Well, the easiest way to achieve is to select boot from Flash and then simply disable the Bootmanager - in tools menu of BA, or in an enigma1 image:

cd /ba
    ba.sh disablebootmanager

to bring bootmanager back:

ba.sh enablebootmanager

Then until you re-enable the bootmanager or choose another mage manually in telnet (with ba.sh boot imagename) it will boot Flash without asking.

If you then Flash a new image there are 2 choices to get BA back to live:

either simply call the ba.sh script with patch:

cd /media/hdd (or /media//cf on a 7020 but not /media/ba, because after flashing a new image the link doesn't exist)
    ba.sh patch

Or simply do an ipkg install of the BA kit once more (it will realize that it is already installed and keep the images intact, so don't worry)

Ciao
    gutemine

• OK..
    The main reason doing this is because the HDD is very noisy..
    Here is what I did..
    I backed up my Gemini image with backup-image tool. Then disabled BA with "ba.sh disablebootmanager".

After that I uploaded the backedup Gemini image into Flash and rebooted. And after dream 600PVR logo (before BA this logo wasn't showed) Gemini image came up. At this point I want to ask whether this Gemini image is working from HDD or from Flash?
    The problem is I think that I haven't understood the working principles of BA. When I choose an image on BA does it upload it into flash or boot it from a partition from HDD? Sorry this may be a dump question but I am trying to understand how things are working :face_with_rolling_eyes:
    Thanks for your answers and patience :)

• Well.. Say I flashed a new gemini image. In this case will the above two choices work? At this time there will be an Enigma1 image in flash. And AFAIK BA needs E2. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Thanks..

• No the 3.2 kit postet here works nicely also in an E1 image, just the Plugin is not there, meaning you have to use the ba.sh shell script.

So ba.sh patch should work to re-enable BA also in this case (try ba.sh info afterwards to check if you see all installed images again), so that on next reboot after then flash and ba.sh patch the bootmenu should be back again.

And ipkg install will also work in E1 images, they also OE based.

Ciao
    gutemine2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()