Flash image ?

• Hi.

Sorry for writing in English, my writing German is not so good (but feel free to reply in German, I can read and understand most of it);

On DM500 you had to flash the box via the serial-port - If I tried via ethernet, strange things would happen (at least, that's my experience).

Does the DM600 have the same problem ? Or can I upload a new image to the box via Ethernet/DreamUp, and then things will work without problems afterwards ?

• Zitat

Original von rduck
    I was hoping there was a way to avoid the serial cable, once the box was up and running - sort of like on the 7020/7025... but aparently not.. I'll have to move the DM600 to my PC - or move a laptop to the DM600 ... :confused_face:

Well, you could use the beta kit of Barry Allen 3.2 for PowerPC to extract nfi images directly ti harddisk, but it doesn't support putting an image to Flash this way.

Ciao
    gutemine2

• This is what Nabilosat has written in the sat-industry forum here http://www.sat-industry.net/fo…hp?t=32537&goto=newpost:-

"you can flash the box using webinterface from any other image

boot the image on box go to dhcp and look witch ip you have switch oof the dm600

start dreamup and switch on your dm 600 whene the conexion is doen

open your browser and flash your box as dm 7020"

I don't know if this method will work without the serial cable. If you have success let us know.

• To flash the DM600 via network just switch off the DM600 (remove the plug from the power socket).
    As far as I know you need a DHCP Server

1. Hold the Power Button and put the plug back into the power socket. I don' t know how long you have to hold the Power Button, 20 seconds should be enough. The othe models need to hold the down button?

2. Take a look to your DHCP Server, the DM should have get a DHCP IP.

3. Connect to the DHCP IP oft he DM with the Internet Explorer and just select upload firmware and wait until the box reboots (needs some time).
    For you information, you can also connect using the telnet protocol

Hans