What are the development plans for a good EPG in Enigma2??

• I am waiting for a better EPG a very long time ... too long ...

I don't like the current one for several reasons and it's one of the last features that I am missing on my box. If I am done with my "UpNP MediaPlayer" and my "Permanent Timeshift" Plugins I will probably take a look at it and try to code a better one that is easier to navigate and has a better layout/design. But I can't make any promises ...

XML Export shouldn't be a problem and I could probably code that too. We already have an webinterface where EPG Data is available and doing an output in XML instead HTML shouldn't be a big problem for me.

BTW: Your Screenshot looks nice and that's really an EPG that I would like to have on the dreambox. I will try to make it in a few days/weeks... but I can't make any promises ...

• That's fantastic! I began trying to create one myself, but I really got stuck on how to redraw the screen when you go page down or page across. I would really be interested in seeing how you go about coding it also (if the source is available), as I am keen to learn how to build plugins apart from "Hello World" in Python for Enigma2.

It would be also really cool if the EPG would replace the existing one so it can be accessed normally through the remote and without going into the plugin menu.

• I second that!

It's definately the one thing that i think is missing. The ability to import XMLTV or CFE files would make a HUGE difference to me. There are already linux/python XMLTV readers out there - if they could be integrated that would be awesome.

• Many packages are currently transmitting their EPG data in multiple languages. I think that the ability to configure the language in the EPG viewer is missing as well.

• Getting a decent EPG plugin for the 7025 would be great. It certainly is the one big feature that is missing from what is otherwise a great box.

• This is also one of my wishes! I don't like the current Multi-EPG option so a better EPG plugin would be really great!!

:)

• Kinda pointless, but here is one more rooting for this - I think it is currently the feature in the 7025 that is lagging more behind.

There are other boxes out there that, of course cannot do the tricks the dreambox does, but are much more refined and polished in terms of usability.

This EPG looks beyond ugly and it is a text only interface with some graphics thrown around.

Isn't there anyone with the skills and half a sense of taste that is able to cook up something better? :winking_face:

• Well, I installed the Mview plugin on Gemini 2.4 and it crashed...
    So I think it needs some updating..

• Any news on this Homey? I am sure you have been busy with all your other great work on plugins but have you ever got on to this one at all?

This is the one last thing i am desperate for on the 7025. Specifically a better looking EPG (the pic above looks great) and also one that allows it to import XMLTV or CFE files for channels that do not transmit the EPG or where the DB can't read the EPG stream.

Even just a reader that could parse an XMLTV or CFE file into the existing dreambox EPG would help a lot.

p.

• Zitat

Original von Crusty Burke
    Does Gemini 3.0 for the 7025 support the MultiEPG plugin?

Yes