The Gemini2 Project 2.30 DM7025

• Hi,
    nurso,
    also ich habe irgendwie mit dem 2.30 Hänger bei der Festplatte
    (ist mir Anfangs nicht so sehr aufgefallen)
    irgendwie scheinen sich die Freezes beim Start der Platte zu häufen.
    (Platte schon beim 2.30 initialisiert, mit dem TestImage auch)
    Ich habe nun auch das BOXMAN_TestImage (neue Treiber) getestet und es scheint immer noch so, dass Timer/Aufnahmestart/Netzwerk_Start's der Platte,
    die BOX weghängen.

Da ich des Flashen langsam Müd bin,
    die WD_Platte_320_GB ist jetzt ~ 1 Jahr in der BOX.
    Sollte Verschleiss, oder Fragmentierung der Platte die Ursache dafür sein ???

Wollte jetzt wieder das 2.3 flashen + die neuen Treiber,
    mache aber erst das 2.1'er drauf.
    (entweder es ist die Platte, oder der FP_7_Update)

• Please help me about these problems,I will explain shortly some of them.
    Using geminii 2.3,when flashing have message THE HARDWARE DETECTED A BREAK CONDITION,when recovery bad sectors is enabled next message is FOUND INJECTABLE DCA AT POSITION 261841 and after that flashing is normal.After restart there are some very strange behaviours,long time booting and lot of crashes of enigma,also loosing signal in some strong transponders with messages TUNE FAILED or NO FREE TUNER and so on.Problems with recording,instead of 150 min it makes 20 or sometime it record all time on hard disk but it is not readable at all,problems with comunication with diseqc positioner and so on.Can somebody say me whats happening and what solution could be.
    For experts I put these crash logs,some of many of them.Please help.

• Zitat

Original von veselinv
    Please help me about these problems,I will explain shortly some of them.
    Using geminii 2.3,when flashing have message THE HARDWARE DETECTED A BREAK CONDITION,when recovery bad sectors is enabled next message is FOUND INJECTABLE DCA AT POSITION 261841 and after that flashing is normal.After restart there are some very strange behaviours,long time booting and lot of crashes of enigma,also loosing signal in some strong transponders with messages TUNE FAILED or NO FREE TUNER and so on.Problems with recording,instead of 150 min it makes 20 or sometime it record all time on hard disk but it is not readable at all,problems with comunication with diseqc positioner and so on.Can somebody say me whats happening and what solution could be.
    For experts I put these crash logs,some of many of them.Please help.

Interesting, somebody gets corrupted blocks when having Gemini in Flash - NO comments on this :winking_face:

Flash again latest DMM standard or the latest OoZooN CVS Image with recover bad blocks and use serial flash within DreamUP instead of network (takes half an hour I know). Then do ipkg update & upgrade and then do also the FP Upgrade.

If all this is done check the bootlog again if no more errors are shown and then you can try flashing Gemini 23 again.

If not you might consider a repair job :frowning_face:

And don't forget a filesystemcheck on you harddisk because of the hangs your filesystem is probably corrupt which could cause further hangs and recording and playing movie problems.

And your crashlogs hint that the settings are corrupted, so I would either make a fresh scan or use only settings from a PC were you know that they are correct/uncorrupted (if you restore a settings file from an /etc/enigma2 backup at the harddisk - see above on the harddisk problems)

Ciao
    gutemine2

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• GuteMine
    Thanks a lot,I will try everything you said,and inform about jobe done. I tried with DMM image from 26.03,but everything was same,and when recovery option on dream-up was enabled,no information at all.And now to be more concrete,almost every time I change to some chanells with frequencies under 11GHz,on all satellites,getting message TUNE FAILED,when I make new search of transponder,message is nothing found.When repeating the search,usually it find every channell and after that tunning is normal untill next change to another transponder.Very strange,isnt it?Every kind of help is welcome.thanks in advance,Vuk.

• this is difficult, could be bad LNB, bad cabling, bad plugs, bad tuner,...

Have you checked your BER rates under normal operation ?

Have you tried switching the hardware of the tuner (yes they are pluggable and you could put tuner2 in the tuner2 slot and vice versa to see if the problem is tuner related)

So this problem is not easy to identify/fix, but I would assume it has nothing to do with Gemini image, so you should post it in the Common Section for 7025

PS: If you already tried the latest DMM Image try also the latest OoZooN which includes already secondstage loader 51 which fixes/surpresses together with Front Processor 7 some of the strange boot messages :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• GuteMine
    Right now for example,on Astra,11038V,I have SNR 97%,AGC 93%, and BER 0.After changing to some channel,and when back to the previous,SNR is about 60%,AGC about 90%,and BER is showing very different numbers from 8000 to 18000,and message TUNE FAILED.But now after clicking OK on remote some times and after 10-15 seconds, picture is on.But on 11686V,even showing SNR93% and AGC 90%,I received message,service not found,SID not found in the PAT.Could be some bad sector in memory?And what you mean to put tuner 2 in slot of tuner 2?Suppose you was thinking to change hardware tuners inside?Could I put LNB in tuner 2 and make loopthrough for tuner 1?It seems that is about hardware not gemini?Sorry for bothering you,and thank you very much.Regards,Veselin.

• well BER rates come from bad signals, which could come from bad cables, LNB, disceqC switches,...

But it could also be a problem of the tuner Hardware.

Hence my suggstion to open box, pull out both tuners, and put them back (but in the opposite slot)

Then you try if you still have the problem. If yes, then probaly the cable is the problem because it is not likely to have the same problem on both tuners.

if you have 2 cables from Dish, then try swapping the cables and check if problem still occures, if yes, then it could be diseqC switch (or Multiswitch if youhave one) or LNB

This is the only way to get an idea where the problem comes from if it is image independent which i would assume.

LG
    gutemine2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• GuteMine
    just to clarify about BER,have excellent signal at all satellites,just changing the channel with strongest signal and coming back on the same one,it show me bad signal and big BER,if I am all time on the same channel,nothing happens,excellent signal all time.For this reason I think that it is not hardware problem with tuners,and maybe is software or memory.Sorry once again,but i am more than 20 years in this satellite world and first time happens something so strange.To mention that DM 7025 is my receiver number 16 or 17 in the row for this years,had receiver when less than 20 analogue channels was on Astra,ha,ha,ha.

• Hallo,
    nach dem flashen auf das neue image komme ich nicht mehr per ftp auf die Box!
    Hat sich der Username und das Password oder der Prot geändert?!
    Hilfe!!!!

• Zitat

Original von Ben9284
    Hallo,
    nach dem flashen auf das neue image komme ich nicht mehr per ftp auf die Box!
    Hat sich der Username und das Password oder der Prot geändert?!
    Hilfe!!!!

Nach dem Neuflashen sollte es wieder Standard sein, falls du es vorher geändert hast....

user: root
    pass: dreambox
    port: 21

Dreambox:.......DM7025SC (+OLED-Kit)
    Festplatte:.......2,5" 120GB Samsung
    CF-Karte:.........1024MB Kingston Elite
    Satelliten:........Astra 19,2°, Hotbird 13°, Kabel

• Standard ist aber KEIN passwort - oder bin ich schon verkalkt ?!

• Zitat

Original von gutemine2
    Standard ist aber KEIN passwort - oder bin ich schon verkalkt ?!

kein Passwort ist nur für Telnet, für FTP ist es schon dreambox

• Zitat

Original von DirtBag

seit wann hat root 2 passwörter - ich hol jetzt besser den Entkalker aus der Küche !

• Zitat

Original von gutemine2
    seit wann hat root 2 passwörter!

keine Ahnung warum, ist aber so.

• Zitat

Original von DirtBag

Bei FTP gehts auch ohne Passwort.

Regards

Regards

DM 8000 HD SS OE 1.6
    DM 800 HD SE OE 1.6
    Nokia D-Box 2 SC 8in1 Boxcracker Blue Peer

• Zitat

Original von DirtBag

keine Ahnung warum, ist aber so.

Entkalker hat gewirkt - habe grade schnell mit BA Gemini 2.3 ausgepackt und wir haben scheinbar beide recht. Setz man nach dem flashen kein Password kommt man mit telnet ohne password nach root aus username sofort auf den shell prompt, bei FTP fragt er zwar nach passwort, du kommst aber mit JEDEM rein - also Return für kein passwort, dreambox oder auch dummy.

Na ja wieder was gelernt - im Prinzip haben wird damit aber wirklich beide recht :)

Ihr müsst Euch dann aber klar sein das der Spuk bestehen bleibt solange du mit passwd kein Passwort setzt, solange kommst Du immer auch mit JEDEM passwort rein.

• zu dem Thema gabs auch schon mal eine Anfrage hier im Board, jetzt kann ich auch das Entsetzen des Users verstehen. Da bei mir das Netz von außen dicht ist (naja so gut wie es geht :winking_face: ) hatte ich mir bis jetzt noch gar keine Gedanken zu dem Thema gemacht.

• Zitat

Original von DirtBag
    zu dem Thema gabs auch schon mal eine Anfrage hier im Board, jetzt kann ich auch das Entsetzen des Users verstehen. Da bei mir das Netz von außen dicht ist (naja so gut wie es geht :winking_face: ) hatte ich mir bis jetzt noch gar keine Gedanken zu dem Thema gemacht.

Habs grade auch mit letztem CVS Image (OoZooN) ausprobiert, das hat das problem auch - sieht so aus wie wenn der vsftpd 2.05 dameon der verwendet wird da einen Bug hat.

Wobei vsftp eigentlich für Very secure steht.

Muss mir mal schnell den Sourcecode anschauen !

PS: Ich setzt mein passwort auch immer gleich um weswegen es mir auch nie aufgefallen ist.

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• so hab schnell den standard vsftp dameon runtergeladen und compiliert - der hat das selbe Problem - wobei man natürlich sagen könnte wen eh kein Passwort gesetzt ist dann ist es nicht wirklich ein problem das er gleich jedes passwort nimmt :frowning_face:

Also würde ich sagen wir setzen halt jetzt brav unsere passwörter gleich um oder wir wissen was wir tun.

LG
    gutemine