Fix for instable 2.2 image

• Hi Experts,

Is there any fix planned to be released for Gemini2.2 release. I have got an instable box after I have upgraded to Gemin2.2 release. I get a lot of trouble with freezing box, no response on remote control and so on. To restart the box you need to power cycle the box.

Are there more people with this kind of issue's? Or is this problem only on my box :-(( I actually didn't see likewise complaints.

• Yes i've also these problems, and the dreamnetcaster stopped but when i reboot the problem is solved for a few minutes

• Hi,

Also there is problem with the time, it is always set to universal time, even if I changed the time zone. I don't know what's the benifit of that, if I will get different epg for the current time.

Dreambox: 7025 - 500S
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0
    Hard Disk: Samsung 80GB
    Image in Flash: Gemini 2.x

• instable what?

ok let me guess ah yes i own a wonder box 7025 not dreambox 7025...

so why could it be that my dream has an uptime of 15 days? yeah realy unstable...

DreamBox 1: 7000s rev. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 2: 7025-SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 3: 600 PVR-S . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 4: DM800S HD PVR
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0 . . CF - Karte: 1GB Extrememory Performance w/o MB!
    Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
    Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
    Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!

• Hi SadButTrue Dreambox Team,

Can you please give advise on what to do ...

I recently flashed my Dreambox 7025 with the latest Boxman Image and that one is very stable, had no freezes at all, but has some disadvantages with loading plugins(manual install).

Can we conclude that flashing with Gemini 2.2 did not went fine or what?

• HI,

Last week I have flashed my dreambox7025 with gemini2.2, the time was 14:45 I still remember that, I have changed the timezone to the one I use +3:00GMT, and am watching European channels, the time should be at least 2 hours less than my timezone, but with Gemini2.2 it shows 22:45, and in the epg it is also for the time of 22:45. I cannot set the time to my timezone.

WHAT'S THE BENEFIT OF USING TRANSPONDER TIME??
    HOW COULD THAT BE RIGHT??
    AND WHAT IS MY BENEFIT FROM THAT??

IT'S ALL MIX UP!!

IS THAT FAULT FROM DMM??

I REALLY DON'T KNOW~~!

CHEERS

Dreambox: 7025 - 500S
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0
    Hard Disk: Samsung 80GB
    Image in Flash: Gemini 2.x

• Welll i don't have trouble with this image from img version 2.0 to 2.2 no such probs at all, the image mayby freeze atfer 2 weeks of use.

but i'am and old dreamer, these prob will allwayes be there even others recievers have same probs. that they can freeze nothing new in that. :winking_face:

• Fine, BUT why is it not happening with the Boxman image. I'm not promoting for Boxman image due to missing other practical features like bluepanel - auto install of plugins and so on, but for normal home, you know the wife and kids, it's terible for them if they can't control the box.

And I can also get an uptime of 15 days by not rebooting but killing processes :-))) I know how to do this , but again wife and children can't telnet to the box and restart (enigma) processes :-))))))))))))))))

• I have solved my problems with flashing new, search channels new and change the Xilleon.co file

was will man da noch viel sagen?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von muetze ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by muetze
    I have solved my problems with flashing new, search channels new and change the Xilleon.co file

And where is that file located?

• regards juppi

original text from ghost:
    Hi,

hier mal eine xilleon.ko die dagegen helfen könnte.. die muss auf die Box nach /lib/modules/2.6.12.6/extra und mit gunzip ausgepackt werden. (das geht auch auf der box)

cya

• Hi Gemini People,

I'm back on Gemini 2.00! From than no problems with all those splash screens.

Regards.

• i also had problems with the gemini 2.2 !! On one Channel theres sometimes no picture ( just sound ), i have to change channels sometimes and then its ok !!
    I have 3 Channels where the box is always freezing if you turn on the box and change to this channels ( Signal is ok !! ) !!
    This all happend since the last update, before anything was ok !!
    I hope there will be a fix soon !!
    thanks
    Fredi

• Great, an english thread ! (I know, there's a whole section :o))
    But my German unfortunately is far worse than my english.

I am having a problem with my moqtek rotor when I use GP 2.2
    (will try using 2.0 later this week) but I think that one also had the same problem.
    When changing satellites, the rotor dies and only after a reboot is it possible to try again (which abviously still won't work).
    The funny thing is that GP 1.7 works perfectly.
    I'm using multiboot at the moment to switch regularly between 2.2 and 1.7, but every time 1.7 works and 2.2 doesn't.
    It seems like there is a problem with either the diseq commands or the current to the rotor, introduced after the major changes in enigma2.
    (Since 1.7 works fine, a hardware fault is ruled out, and the 2.2. has been flashed and installed from scratch using the exact same settings as in 1.7).
    Has anyone experienced the same differnces in rotor-performance between 1.7 and 2.2 ?

Edit:
    Have just tried with a clean install of Oozoon, same problem.
    Seems it's really an enigma problem, and not (just) in Gemini.

The truth is out there... just ask for it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Routernl ()

• To be honest I don't have any problems with the rotor. Not on Boxman image and EVEN not on the Gemini version ;-)) It might be a problem with your rotor. I have an HH100 rotor which very good. No problems since 6 years (before used it with my Xtreme SAT receiver) and using with my wonder box 7025 :-))

• Zitat

Original von etmbeul
    To be honest I don't have any problems with the rotor. Not on Boxman image and EVEN not on the Gemini version ;-)) It might be a problem with your rotor. I have an HH100 rotor which very good. No problems since 6 years (before used it with my Xtreme SAT receiver) and using with my wonder box 7025 :-))

I expected that at first, even bought a new rotor, tested with a very short new cable, but that didn't work either.
    Both GP 1.7 and GP 2.0 work fine, simply when I boot into 2.2 it won't work. I discovered that the dish on the screen doesn't appear either (the one that indicates dish-movement), though setting for show .... is turned on.
    Again, with the same settings in 2.0 it works.. Only 2.2. and very new CSV's (Oozoon) dont.
    Will test further with 2.1 and Boxman.

The truth is out there... just ask for it.

• Do you use simple disec/rotor configuration or the advanced in menu. I had problems in setting up rotor configuration with the advanced, switched to simple and problems were over..

SadButTrue, your wonder box still has no problems?? Saw your mates also admitting freezing box..

• etmbeul you are my hero!

my mates havent used the new drivers... you only could write flame posts...

DreamBox 1: 7000s rev. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 2: 7025-SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 3: 600 PVR-S . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 4: DM800S HD PVR
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0 . . CF - Karte: 1GB Extrememory Performance w/o MB!
    Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
    Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
    Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!