• Hello.


    Did anyone try to handle storage with sqlite?

  • PLi benutzt wahlweise sqlite fuer EPG. Ich habe schon mal die Information von dennen ehalten, dass die Speicherverbrauch bei etwa 300KB liegt. Da der EPG Speicherverbrauch dynamisch ist und jenach Senderanzahl weit ueber 2MB liegt waere imo sqlite eine echte alternativ fur die kleine Boxen.


    Wenn man weiter denkt, koennte man EPG Speicherung bei einer Box einschalten, die Vewaltung auf einen Server laufen lassen und alle anderen Boxen koennten die Information mit benutzen. Das spart nicht nur Speicher sondern auch Prozessorleistung.


    Ein weiterer Vorteil ist, mann koennte die EPG Information effizienter benutzen. z.B. zeige mir wann einen Programm wieder gesendet wird o. zeige mir alle Kinderprogramme zwischen 7:00 und 8:00 fuer die Woche x.


    Der groesste Nachteil bei sqlite imo ist, dass er keine FKs unterstuetzt.


    Wie mann sehen kann, ware ich sehr interresiert an sqlite.

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

  • Quote

    Originally posted by johnbock
    Wenn man weiter denkt, koennte man EPG Speicherung bei einer Box einschalten, die Vewaltung auf einen Server laufen lassen und alle anderen Boxen koennten die Information mit benutzen. Das spart nicht nur Speicher sondern auch Prozessorleistung.


    I like that idea too, allow other boxes read permissions with proper access rights or rw permissions also defined by user.

  • Oder tcp/ip, udp writable von nur einer Box. Loesen tut dann der Server.


    edit:


    I just now realized I was reading english... But, it seems as if you can read german well!;)

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

    Edited 2 times, last by johnbock ().

  • just a lil ;)
    hmm udp... link static to server box instead of query?

  • just to reduce traffic, but it's most likely a bad idea. But most importantly enigma doesn't need to be linked directly with sqlite. Meaning it could work as plugin.


    The basic queries could be precompiled and stored on the server;) And accessed over http or what ever...


    Other plugins could introduce more complex queries. Perhaps queries with host variables. While requesting they be stored on the server?!...

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

  • Hmmm. I saw somewhere, I think image from US ;) that it using it for storing EPG data.
    And as I know, PLi don't work good for US owners - troubles with EPG.

  • Quote

    Originally posted by fergy
    Hmmm. I saw somewhere, I think image from US ;) that it using it for storing EPG data.
    And as I know, PLi don't work good for US owners - troubles with EPG.

    That may be true... But I believe even UK EPG works correctly with PLi.

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

  • I don't know about PLi and UK EPG.
    I just say that ( as I know ) they ( US ) have troubles with it. Anyway, maybe is better that PLi crew give answer to that.

  • Quote

    Originally posted by fergy
    I don't know about PLi and UK EPG.
    I just say that ( as I know ) they ( US ) have troubles with it. Anyway, maybe is better that PLi crew give answer to that.

    I had taken up contact with them concerning this. And they had told me they were having problems using sqlite directly on a netmount. However, on a newer CIFS it seems to be working fine. That's another reason I suggested using a statefull or stateless network connection completely separating sqlite from enigma.

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

  • Hmm, that's good idea. ;)

  • Pli is simply using sqlite... and we have also plugins to import SKY-EPG etc into the SQL database

  • Orb/Corba/iiop waere imo interassanter. Da braucht man keinen SQL mehr. Realisierungaufwand ist fast gleich zusetzen und da ist bei weitem unabhaengiger;)

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

    Edited once, last by johnbock ().

  • If anybody is still interested in this topic: I've compiled sqlite3 as dynamic library for the DM600 and it seems to work just fine (my test-database is about 3MB). But I hven't tested to access a remote db yet...


    Jan Peter

  • I am still interesting M8, as My Nitro, compiled from old sources and lil' tuned for last cvs working almost perfect with everything on sql storage.

  • Quote

    Originally posted by Littlesat
    Pli is simply using sqlite... and we have also plugins to import SKY-EPG etc into the SQL database


    Umm, and what's about GPL and PLi development?
    Where can We find Your sources about SQL storage for Enigma, M8??

  • Quote

    Originally posted by johnbock
    ..... Da braucht man keinen SQL mehr. .....


    ??? ?(
    Wie tun Sie?

  • Quote

    Originally posted by johnbock
    Orb/Corba/iiop waere imo interassanter. Da braucht man keinen SQL mehr. Realisierungaufwand ist fast gleich zusetzen und da ist bei weitem unabhaengiger;)


    Orb/Corba/iiop (perhaps rpc) would be more interesting. You wouldn't need SQL (on the client side). IMO, the implementation would take about as long. And the result would be much less dependent and the logic would be where it should: on the server;)

    johnbock


    13.0/19.2
    NFS/QNAP TS-219P/debian - lenny
    NFS/eSATA SheevaPlug/emdebian (ubifs) - squeeze

  • Well ok, if You say so...

  • How do I install SQLite on my DM500 and get it to download the UK EPG from RadioTimes like the PLI plugin you mention?