Enigma2 Python Plugin Development

• I have taught myself some python and am beginning the process of learning how to write plugins for the Dreambox but there appears to be very little documentation out there about how to develop plugins.

Some questions that i have:

Firstly, Is there a guide to developing plugins anywhere?

Secondly, i have a windows based PC and have managed to successully develop the "back end" to my plugin in python on windows and it is now successully running on the dreambox. I can't find any documentation or specific information about the user interface on the dreambox.

Basically i am looking for as much information as possible about developing dynamic menus on the dreambox - eg. the code i have put together (an XML EPG) read returns data such as the channel and program name (as text), and description depending on how you query it. How do i best take these results and turn them into a menu that i can navigate with the remote control. I am sure this is relatively simple but it isn't documented.

Also, what is the best method for testing a new plugin on the dreambox (where should i put it, how should i run it) and any other tips in terms of development tools or techniques?

p