Problems with Cable tuner while Harddisk is sleeping

• Hi all,

Sorry for writing in English but my German is non-existent and i guess there is a bigger crowd in here to answer my question (?)

I have come across a problem that has me very confused:

1. When the HD is sleeping, I get almost constant freezes (image and sound) in any channel I watch through my cable tuner - BER shoots up
    2. If the HD is spinning (timeshifting, recording or plain idle) the image and sound appear perfectly
    3. When I am watching something on the sat tuner, even with the HD sleeping, everything looks perfect - no freezes at all
    4. This happens even with the box totally cold (after spending the night unplugged)

Does anyone have any idea?
    The most weird thing is that affects only one of the tuners... the second most weird thing is that it very much seems to have something to do with the HD.

Thank you for your ideas!

Cheers,
    J

• Jaco2k,

I have a similar problem or even worst. The problem is with my DVB-T module. If I'm watching a channel through this tuner and the harddisk enters on sleep mode, the video signal dissapears and the only way to watch it again is press twice the power button.

My configuration is 1xDVB-S, 1xDVB-T, HDD, CF with Multiboot.

I tested with two different hard disks, with and without CF inserted, inserting a fan to reduce temperature.

The only way to watch DVB-T channels is:
    Remove the HD
    or
    enlarge the timeout for HD sleeping and run a cron to scan the HDD with less interval tna the sleep timeout.

Any help is very well apreciated!

Regards,
    JJ.

• give us more details, which image, flash or multiboot? Which Tuners are you using DVB-S or -T or -C? Plugins? and so on....

f®î€ñЧ 宀 ñö† €£€©†®î©

• Hi hypnotoad,

I currently have on flash the official Dream 2.1 from 08/11/2006. On multiboot based on CF, I have Gemini 2.0 and 2.2.

Same problem happens while booting with any of the images I wrote before.

In my case, I have a DVB-T on left slot, and DVB-S on right, but I tried with the opposite as well.

Plugins, the minimum, Multiboot, MGCamd and Evocamd over Gemini. None over official.

Thanks again for your help,
    cheers,
    JJF.

• Similar problems here. my box freezes every so often, not sure why though. I think it happend mostly when the hard disk is spinning, I am putting it down to getting to hot.
    Swapped the HD, and testing again.

• I used to have freezes very regulary. Since I moved the harddisk out of the box and gave it a seperate power supply the freezes completely disappeared. I guess the freezes are caused by heat and powerproblems.