What is the *.fw2 file

• im sure its a image that has been backed up with someones settings

like using flash wizard pro 6.3 which has a image backup facility
    which changes a image file to a fw2 file

dm 600-c = dm 7025-sc=1.1 m triax dish=titanium lnb :)

• hi

made a backup with flash wizard 6.3 or so i thought.. on the install a firmware section clicked on flash image backup and it seemed to make a backup, later on i tried to restore that backup to the dreambox through drag and drop, but flash wizard didn't recognise it... noticed that it didn't say .fw2 as an extention so i decided to put that extention and tried .img as well but flash wizard still doesn't recognise it, i don't know what to do... any help?

• Thank m8, I guess that file was backup by some backup software which I'm not sure what type of the sw. As what Mr k0103707 said. The file backup flashwizard *.fwz extension.

Does anyone can give a positive answer? :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• FlashWizardPRO

Zitat

Release 6 FINAL 14/01/2006- NEW backup file format *.FW2 Smaller, better compression, Saving over 30% of space.Totally configurable and upgradable for future expansions.- 100% compatible with old *.fwz format (no need to convert files).- 100% compatible with *.jbk files (no need to convert them).- All backups can be installed on 7000 and 7020, as ever

I hope this helps a bit :)

Cheers mortimer

Derby County "The Rams" for ever
    Don´t worry be happy

• Again I have to take a wild guess but, positively reveal the real answer. This must be a new flashwizard pro which has been upgrade. Thank mate anyway.

• Zitat

Originally posted by zdan
    Again I have to take a wild guess but, positively reveal the real answer. This must be a new flashwizard pro which has been upgrade. Thank mate anyway.

the latest is flashwizard 6.3. works great. i backup all my images.