full backup for db 7025

• Zitat

Originally posted by toppi
    have a look at this

Since this is the English section, can the instructions be translated as points at least.....I don't understand German, maybe someone can write down a few points here about what is written in the above link....thanks

• Here is a babelfish translation. Hope it helps some:

I have a Script tinkered and the necessary programs for the 7020 and 7025 compiled, in order to provide a complete Backup of the Flashes. The NFI developing from it can be installed then again simply in the Flash. After the appropriate 3 files "/usr/bin" copy (build nfi image.sh, buildimage and mkfs.jffs2). Right ones for the three files on 755 set (chmod 755 /usr/bin/...). The Script start with "build nfi image.sh FILE". Whereby FILE is the directory, where the NFI is formed e.g.. _ "build nfi image.sh /media/hdd" if it the NFI on the non removable disk provide want. There is for instance 50MB of free memory necessarily. The box must be connected thereby with the InterNet the Secondstage Bootloader by the DMM side to be loaded there must.

PS: We hope that an oversupply BackupImages so mentioned begin now, as it is also unfortunately with the 7000 the case.

Warning: Since providing the Backup's needs very much Speicher(RAM), it can be that Enigma falls. With me neither on the 7020 nor on the 7025 happened. Arrives evenly drauf like much programs still so besides with you run.

• Ok,

i´ll try:

You´ll have to copy the three files included in the archive to "/usr/bin".
    After that you have to set the rights to 755 for all three files to make them executable.

To start the script you have to enter "build-nfi-image.sh DIRECTORY". DIRECTORY is the place, where the .nfi file will be build, e.g. "build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd" will place the backup on your harddisk.

About 50MB free space is needed and the Box must have an internet connection to load the Secondstage-Bootloader from DMM.

hth

• Has anyone done a backup on 7025 to a USB stick?. If it has been done can someone please tell how. My 7025 will not recognise USB stick.

• Zitat

Original von 1184jap
    Has anyone done a backup on 7025 to a USB stick?. If it has been done can someone please tell how. My 7025 will not recognise USB stick.

1184jap,

did you mount the USB stick?

You can do with an instruction simillar to this:
    mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /mnt/usb

First you need to know which host and so on, going to cd /dev/scsi and ls

Hope it can help you,
    regards,
    JJF

• HI
    I dont have "scsi" directory off DEV. I tried making dir and sub dir listed in that command but made no difference. See ls of dev

root@dm7025:/dev> ls
    ci0 i2c mem port root sound vcc
    console ide misc ptmx sci0 tts zero
    dbox initctl mtd pts sci1 tty
    dvb input mtdblock pty sci2 urandom
    fb kmem net random shm usb
    full kmsg null rfmod0 snd vc

Any ideas

• 1184jap,

two options, first, when you plug the Memory Stick, what have you got under /dev/usb ?

the second, under Blue button, Extras/settings, Kernel Modules, Devices activate the USB stik/Hdd support

Good luck,
    cheers,JJF

• Did you restart the box after the USB activation?

If yes, look again at /dev/scsi once you plug in the stick

Let me know, what happened.

Cheers,
    JJF

• I restarted it earlier.

This is /dev/scsi/ now

/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/
    /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
    /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1

• 1184jap,

try now the mount instruction:

mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /mnt/usb

And if successfull:

cd /mnt/usb
    ls

the files you had on the stick should appear on the list

To remove the stick, first you need to unmonut:

umount -f /mnt/usb

I hope that you have working the USB stick.

Cheers,
    JJF.

• The result of the command

* The Gemini Project *

OpenDreambox 1.9.0 dm7025

dm7025 login: root
    oroot@dm7025:~> cd /
    root@dm7025:/> mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /mnt/usb
    mount: Mounting /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc on /mnt/usb failed: No such file or directory
    root@dm7025:/>

• 1184jap,

sorry for late reply.

Could you try with part1 rather disc

mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/usb

BTW, is the memory stick formatted?

Regards,
    JJF.

• Result printout

root@dm7025:/> mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/usb
    mount: Mounting /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /mnt/usb failed: No such file or directory

• 1184jap,

on the mount instruction, change /mnt/usb with /media/usb or even /usb

good luck,
    JJF.

• No luck JJF
    See result printout for commands

root@dm7025:/> mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /media/usb
    mount: Mounting /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc on /media/usb failed: No such file or directory
    root@dm7025:/> mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc /usb
    mount: Mounting /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc on /usb failed: No such file or directory
    root@dm7025:/>