Plugin stream2db

• Zitat

Originally posted by mordillo
    Hi,
    seems like that it was the same as THIS

??

Hi,

Is there an english translation somewhere ? My plugin is just a streaming client.

regards, pcd.

• Greetings !

Stream2db1.02 - Playlist facility

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.02 :

Modified for better buffering. Also, if there is a break in the stream, play restarts automatically.

Now VLC playlists with multiple files can be played continuously.

First make your playlist with VLC media player. Start > View > Playlist >Manage > Add files > Save Playlist.

Start VLC streaming from pc as before. Select the playlist as a file. This command line works:-

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=1024,width=352,hei ght=288,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{d st=std{access=http,mux=ts,ttl=6,url=:9090/dboxstream}} --sout-keep

Start plugin on dreambox, sit back and enjoy !

Regards, pcd.

• Hi,

I would be interested in your plugin. What's the advantage over the VLCF?

Regards, Mamba

checking for long long... yes
    checking for long double... yes
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Stopping. +++

• Zitat

Originally posted by mamba0815
    Hi,

I would be interested in your plugin. What's the advantage over the VLCF?

Regards, Mamba

It is quite different in principle. With vlc and similar plugins the streaming is started by the plugin, so the VLC mediaplayer control line is limited by what is in the plugin. Also the file and dvd selection is also done remotely by the plugin, therefore prone to problems.

With Stream2db streaming is started from VLC and then the plugin is started on the db to receive the stream. This makes it possible to use all the command line options and other facilities available in VLC media player. Also the process is technically more straight-forward.

More interesting, one could stream internet radio or video to the dreambox using this plugin.

More details are in the Readme file with the zip package. :)

Regards, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Hi! Three things:

First and probably major, the plugin doesn't want to start on my DB. I'm using the Gemini 2.9 Image without that Pli Emerald thing (important?). Anyway, when i want to start the Plugin over the Blue Panel i get

libcurl.so.2: cannot open shared object file
    No such file or directory

Second, could you change the .xml's name to something different than "movieplayer.xml"? Because other streaming-plugins are already using that name, and i neither intend to delete one of my older plugins nor to swap-rename the file everytime i'd like to use one player or another.

Third and last, i personally think your Plugin doesn't make streaming any easier (commandline? come on), but by far more customizable. Perhaps your plugin will someday finally allow me to stream my beloved x264-movies :face_with_tongue:

Thanks for your efforts!

• >>(2) ... next version (if any !) ...

Hang in there! I like what you are trying to achieve with the plugin. I am currently playing around with the konqueror plugin. So time permitting, I shall try yours.

Regards, Mamba

checking for long long... yes
    checking for long double... yes
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Stopping. +++

• Hello again,

i've copied the libcurl.so.2 you provided into my /var/lib/ folder ... and it's two prior empty subfolders ... but your plugin still refuses to run, displaying the libcurl.so.2 not found error.

• Did i miss something? Since when does Linux need to REBOOT in order to install anything except kernels? Anyway, rebooting does not help, no.

• It does indeed, the libcurl file doesn't go into /var/lib but into /USR/lib.

And all of sudden, your Plugin works :)

On a quick first test it streamed an Xvid avi all correct and proper, while a x264 mp4 had those ugly green artifacts and videostops in it. The error is in the VLC streamer, i guess, since every streamer i tried so far gives me that problem. Gotta have to try around a lil bit more.

Thanks anyway for your fine piece of plugin :face_with_tongue:

Now, for the experimental part. Which input does the dreambox accept? Mpeg-TS is obvious, being the db's native format.

• pcd

Thank you for this great plugin. I had problems with all other sistems streaming 2db, but your works without any problem on my 7020. I needed only libcurl.so.2 and I had some problems with finding it, so I propose you to include this in the main package.

Also it is inportant to advice 7020 owners that they have to install this plugin in usr/lib instead of var/lib as in other models.

I inform that it works perfectly witn vlv-0.8.6b-win32.

Great job. Brgds.

Neretete