source code for mediaplayer for DM7025

• I want to stream from my PC to my DM7025. Today it seems that it is not possible to do that. Where can I find the source code for media player used in Gemini 1.50? I will try to implement it there.

Thanks.

• /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MediaPlayer.py

but it isnt possible...

DreamBox 1: 7000s rev. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 2: 7025-SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 3: 600 PVR-S . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 4: DM800S HD PVR
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0 . . CF - Karte: 1GB Extrememory Performance w/o MB!
    Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
    Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
    Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!

• Thanks,

but why is it not possible? Can mediaplayer not play video and voice on the screen, then I need to implement a VLC function in it so that it converts the LAN packets to video and voice, then use the handling on mediaplayer to show them on screen.

Am I dreaming?

• Hi all,

I found another way to listen a shoutcast stream on the 7025. Probably it'll work with TS streams coming from VLC (I'll test this afternoon).

The method is the following:

1. Create a FIFO pipe on one folder (not flash)

mknod streaming.mp3 p

2. Inject the streaming from the preferred shoutcast station

wget http://217.118.212.82:8500 -q -O- > streaming.mp3

3. Go to Media Player, find the streaming.mp3 file and press Play

I'll try a TS stream this afternoon. Let you know.

I think that any expert can include this tip onto a Python script in order to get it controlled by the remote, to download and show the official shoutcast XML lists, etc... or, to control from the DreamBox the VLC streaming...

Enjoy like me,
    JJ.

• Unfortunately TS Video Stream didn't play in real time. It partially worked on off-line because I had no audio.

I don't know if the problem was on the VLC re-encoding and streaming or in the DreamBox configuration.

Regards,
    JJ.

• Hello jjfuertes,

The pipe sounds like a very good idea, even so it does not work Properly by now.

Since I do not own a DM7025, do You have any idea if this might also work with a DM500?

• Chriwi,

why not, at the moment you're using pure Unix commands it must work.

Check first if you can execute mknod and wget on a telnet console.

If yes, everyhting will run.

Cheers.

• somebody with a cross-compiler needs to build XINE for the dm series, the visual fx are exelent.
    :)

• Thanks a lot for that 'trick'. That works quite well.

Zitat

Originally posted by jjfuertes
    I think that any expert can include this tip onto a Python script in order to get it controlled by the remote, to download and show the official shoutcast XML lists, etc... or, to control from the DreamBox the VLC streaming...

I don´t want to call me an expert. But i´ve written the 'Python script', like it was your idea. Your workaround was the base for my SHOUTcaster-Plugin. Feel free to test it and to commend it in this Thread SHOUTcaster

greeting 3c5x9

Es heißt auch nicht mehr Troll, sondern Netzbürger mit Frustrationshintergrund.
    <br>
    Leider muß ich es extra schreiben: Kein Support per PM. Privater Support hilft uns nicht weiter als Forum!