gemini manager 2.5

• Have just changed the image on my DM7020s from Hydra to Gemini..
    And downloaded and installed the Gemini Manager 2.5 on my PC (WINXPpro)..
    Program opens fine - but when I enter my profile in Options - and click on Image Version? - after a while this pops up:
    No connection to 192.168.0.xx !
    (xx substitutes my real ip)

I can ping the DB - and also connect via e.g. Dreambox Control Center and DreamboxEdit etc..

• Where have you downloaded gemini manager 2.5 from? I searched on google but could find no downloads.
    192.168.x.x is not your IP address, it is a classic class C lan address. Your router is using nat translation so that your computers address appears to be 192.168.x.x but is in fact entirely different; in other words you are pretty secure. This link will reveal your real ip address
    http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/

Post the link where you downloaded gemini manager from, someone can then try and reproduce the problem you are having.

• I know what my IP address is - that's not the question..

The question is why I cannot connect to my DB from the GM2.5..

My WIN pc is on an internal network with it's own fixed IP address in the internal IP address range - and the DB is on another - perimeter network - outside the internal one - with another IP address range..
    The DB has it's own fixed IP (192.168.0.xx)..

The GM2.5 you can find here:
    http://69.64.37.174/dreambox/t…7614_GeminiManager2.5.zip

Here is an attachment of the tab in question in GM2.5 (I left out the last digits of the DB IP address)
    It's when I click the 'Image Version ?' (outside my image) further down to the right - that I get this error not connecting to my DB IP address..

• if your dreambox is on another network (perimeter) the controlling router for that network should have an ip address from your original network.
    know what i mean?
    you should try using that ip address and make sure you are forwarding the right port to the dreambox.
    I am not that familiar with the technical terms but I hope this makes sence to someone.

• In your screenshot you only have 192.168.0 (I hope you have masked the last digit off or else this could be your problem.
    All devices ( PC's and dreambox) on your LAN must share the same network ID i.e. 192.168.0.x and subnet mask 255.255.255.0

For example my dreambox is 192.168.254.24, my router 192.168.254.254 and my pc is 192.168.254.197 The netmask is 255.255.255.0 . If you still have difficulties make sure that all
    devices have the same subnet mask.

• Yeah - I left out the two last digits on my DB IP - so that's not the problem..

My internal network is on 192.168.16.xxx - and the external is 192.168.0.xxx - the DB IP is 192.168.0.xxx

I don't have a router for the connection from the internal to the external net - it's done via a server with one NIC for the internal net - 192.168.16.xxx - and another NIC for the external net - 192.168.0.xxx

The external NIC goes directly to a gateway with direct connection to the outside world..firewall and portselections implemented..
    And the DB is coming in between the second NIC and the gateway - on the same network ID range - 192.168.0.xxx..

All ranges are on the 255.255.255.0 subnet..

Yes I can use DCC, dreamboxEdit and FlashWizard w/o problems from that internal PC address: 192.168.16.xxx..
    That's why I don't understand why I cannot connect via the GM 2.5 program..

• forget about it man.
    the program does not work on my simple network iether.
    besides how much can that program do that dcc and your remote cannot?
    really?

• Weeellll - I actually thought it was supposed to be a good program - and since I am still new within the DB world I have no idea about which programs to use - or not..

But - I have already decided to scrap it - as you said - DCC and the remote seems to do the work..