Sharing a DB 7020 HDD with a DB 500

• I have a DB 7020 and a DB 500 on a Home Network and would like to have access to the HDD in the 7020 by the DB 500. The intent is to watch recorded shows saved on the 7020 from the TV where the 500 is located and also record a program from the 500 to the 7020 HDD while watching another program on the 7020.

I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find any info that covers this situation, plenty of info for a Windows HDD setup but nothing for this type of setup.

Can anyone provide a step by step procedure to mount the 7020 HDD in the 500 or point me to an idiot guide for this setup? Thanks

• I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I have a 7020 with hard drive, but would like to know if I can stream a recorded video from the 7020 hard drive and watch it on my computer.
    I can stream live satellite channels , but not recorded movies.

• I think you have to install the nfs server plugin on the 7020 and set it up in order to share a directory on the hard disk. Then you can go on the 500 and make an nfs mount of the shared directory.
    But, since I don't have a 7020 :loudly_crying_face: and since I don't have a 500, I might of course be wrong... :winking_face:
    But, since I do linux to linux nfs mount with my DB5620 and my PC, I might even be right =)
    Hope this helps.

--------------------------
    Dreambox 5620S
    Gemini 2.60
    Debian Sarge PC
    hdd NFS mount
    --------------------------