how to install tuxtxt 1.87??

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Sorry that I write in englisch, but my german writing is not that good. I have downloaded here the latest version of tuxtxt (1.87) and tried to install it as explaned but i can't get it to work, and now the old version of tuxtxt (1.84) that was already in the Gemini 2.0 image doesn't work anymore. It can't be reinstalled via the bluepanel. So do I have to flash the complete image over again to get it working? It would by nice if the newest version of tuxtxt could be installed via the blue panel. :winking_face:

• Hi,
    to install 1.87 you have to create a new directory called /var/tuxtxt. In this directory you have to copy the file tuxtxt.otb. tuxtxt.so and tuxtxt.cfg have to be copied to your normal plugin directory.

ciao

• Hi, thanx Trial, but I tried that already too, didn't work either :confused_face:
    But I wil not give up hope and try later again.

thnx

• Habs auch gemacht wie es auf der website steht

Zitat

TuxTxt can be installed as a plugin by extracting the ZIP file supplied on the download locations below, and by putting tuxtxt.so and tuxtxt.cfg in /var/tuxbox/plugins and all the other files in in /var/tuxtxt. Please don't forget to CHMOD 755 both tuxtxt.cfg and tuxtxt.so!

Nur ruft es en Videotext gar nimmer auf!

Best Enigma2 Plugins:
    TV Charts Plugin, EPGRefresh, AutoTimer, VPS Plugin, SeriesPlugin

• what image do you use? maybe it has to be one newer den june 27, 2005. i still use gemini 1.09. there, it does not work to. have you done a full restart after copying the files? that might be necessary.

• He,
    I had a self made CVS image running based on CVS 10th june and it worked.

ciao

• I have the Image from the Third June etc. The Gemini Project 2.00 Image 7020 because the CVS Image from 29 June doesn´t work correctly.

Ich habe das Image from 3. Juni bzw. Das Gemini Project 2.00 Image 7020, weil das CVS Image vom 29.6 nicht richtig funktioniert!

Best Enigma2 Plugins:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von muelleimer321 ()

• Hi,
    now I have a CVS from today and it still works.

sorry that I cannot be of more help.

btw. I see a difference between us. I use DM7000 and you DM7020 perhaps thats the problem.

ciao

---
    7020, Combo, Solo2, Ultimo

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Trial ()

• where can i get the CVS from today for DB 7020?

Best Enigma2 Plugins:

• Zitat

btw. I see a difference between us. I use DM7000 and you DM7020 perhaps thats the problem.

I use the DB 7020 too, maybe you have a point there.

Someone gave me this solution:

- Download tuxtxt_dream.zip van http://www.tuxtxt.com
    - Kopy tuxtxt.so eand tuxtxt.cfg to /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins/
    - make a directory tuxtxt in /usr, so you get: /usr/tuxtxt
    - place the file tuxtxt.otb in /usr/tuxtxt
    - symlink the directory to /var, so type at the commandline: ln -s /usr/tuxtxt /var/
    - the /var directory wil be emptied with every reboot, so atach a sentance with ln -s /usr/tuxtxt /var/ onto /etc/init.d/tuxbox-links.sh
    - make in /etc/tuxbox/config/ a directory tuxtxt (the settings will be stored here), so you get: /etc/tuxbox/config/tuxtxt/

Maybe this woks for you, but for me it didn't. :frowning_face:

• Hi,

versuch einfach die Datei tuxtxt.otb nach /share/fonts zu kopieren. Danach sollte sich das Plugin auch nach einem Neustart der Box starten lassen.

• Zitat

Original von t00l
    Hi,

versuch einfach die Datei tuxtxt.otb nach /share/fonts zu kopieren. Danach sollte sich das Plugin auch nach einem Neustart der Box starten lassen.

Hallo mir aus versehen die Beiden Datei
    tuxtxt.cfg und tuxtxt.so

des TuxTxt-Plugins, welches beim Gemini 2.1 dabei sind gelöscht. Kann ich die Version 1.87 auch auf meiner DM500 installieren ? Hab da keine Verzeichnisse /share/fonts oder /user. Hab nur /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/fonts. Meine Box hängt leider auch nicht am Internet, also kein Blue Panel, aber mit dem gehts ja eh nicht.

Dreambox DM500-T
    Mit Gemini 3.4 MaxVar